Our Wedding Story
Today is our 3 year anniversary!
On one hand, I cannot believe it has been three years! But on the other hand, I kinda can't believe it hasn't been longer! It's getting harder to remember a time without Halli or being married to Tyler!I've never blogged about our wedding or our honeymoon and it makes me sad.
It took me a little while to get into the blogging world after we got married..
so what better time to do it than on our anniversary??
Marriage is the best thing that's ever happened to us!
so what better time to do it than on our anniversary??
Marriage is the best thing that's ever happened to us!
I want to share with you the best{and also quite possibly the hardest} summer of my life!
So that I have it here to read and remember =)
Tyler got home from his mission April 7th, 2010. Read about it here.
We got engaged May 14th, 2010. Read about that here.
We got married August 12th, 2010. Read about that- oh wait. I've never written about it. And that, I want to fix!
Summer 2010 was the craziest summer ever. It was a summer i'd been dreaming about for YEARS!! I had no idea it would be so dang TOUGH! Tyler had just gotten home from his mission and while his spanish was still fresh, he wanted to take this spanish class at BYU that would get him lots of credits. I had just finished a hard semester at UVU and decided to move home to save money and get a CNA job. So there we were, living 40 miles away from each other after just getting done spending over two years apart! I was working all sorts of crazy hours as a CNA and he was living with his sister and her family in Provo working as a rock chip repairman. Oh and might I add, he had no car to drive. He rode his bike and took the bus to class. Many tears were shed during this time of my life. Here are some pics from that summer:
I like this pic because you can see what my ring looked like before the wedding bands.
celebrating my 21st bday two weeks before our wedding
bridal shower traditions
My engagements and groomals were beautiful. Engagements taken at Memory Grove and Groomals at This Is The Place Heritage Park. Here are the faves from each:



These groomals were taken less than two weeks before the wedding. So naturally, I was so stressed out that I totally spaced picking up the bouquet my florist had arranged for me. GET THIS: I didn't realize it until a few days after while choosing the photos to display at our wedding. Wedding planning does crazy things to ones mind!! Thankfully my sweet florist didn't charge me for the unused bouquet.
absolute favorite two pics right here =)
This pic was totally unintentional. Tyler picked me up because I had flip flops on and didn't want to walk through the dirt and dry weeds etc. I didn't realize this pic was taken until we saw them! Love great candids like this!
Here are our invitations:
front
back
My dad designed them.
The whole week of my wedding was a complete blur of happiness and stress all blended into one big crazy emotion! I had my bachelorette party Monday night, went through the temple Tuesday night, had our wedding dinner Wednesday night and got married Thursday! It was great fun.
Don't ask me why I didn't get any pics of me and Tyler the night I received my endowments from the temple...there were a lot of things looking back now that I wish i'd done differently. You just can't think of everything when you're in the middle of the biggest plans of your life. But I got my endowments in the Salt Lake Temple August 10th, 2010 at 6:30 in the evening. It was amazing. We went out to Cafe Rio afterwards with everyone who came to support me.
Our wedding dinner was on August 11th 2010 at Tyler's Aunt and Uncle's. They were amazing to put it all together for us. Simply amazing! One of my bridesmaids, Celeste was my photographer for it and here are some pics!
my little bro wrote a cute poem for us. Read it Here.
singing "marriage lullaby" written by Tyler's Dad before he passed away.
The day of our wedding was insane! I wish I hadn't been so stressed out but there is so much on a bride's mind the day of her wedding. Wanting the best pictures, the best weather, the best hair/make up(Thank you Brooke, Cami and Sam!!). Thankfully Tyler definitely was able to help me chill and just enjoy the day.
My ceremony was at 11 am but we had to be to the temple much earlier. Then after the ceremony things got mixed up and that sure did not help with my stress levels! Finally we exited the temple nearly an hour after the ceremony! I felt so bad for people waiting for us!
Seeing everyone waiting for us was so neat.
Sad fact: I don't have a wedding video. Any video capturing this special day is from family recordings. What happened is we have a family friend who did the video for my sisters wedding for really cheap. So we asked him if he'd be willing to do the same for us. It was all we could afford at the time so thankfully he agreed. He made my reception picture slide show which I love! Unfortunately though, the morning of my wedding his camera for whatever reason, crapped out. Yes it's sad but honestly, like I said we couldn't have afforded a professional videographer so I accepted it and moved on. I appreciate so much that he did this for us free of charge and I have no hard feelings obviously! I'm just thankful I didn't find out about this until AFTER my wedding-not during.
Loved my shoes! My sweet mom got them for me and they were perfect and comfortable!
Tyler helping me relax. my biggest words of advice to future brides: just relax!



Love these pics. Way too many to choose from!


.jpg)
Our last picture at the temple. We were starving! So we went to eat at The Lion House Pantry in our wedding attire. We got lots of looks and smiles. Wish we had a camera to get a pic! Didn't have our phones with us even!
Our reception was at Tyler's family park called Andersen Posterity Park that they built.
It was gorgeous!
We had everyone sign a matte border around a picture of us =)
centerpieces put together by my bridesmaids =)
My wedding colors were greens pinks and black..
we had words on the cake that meant something to us.
real fruit trees!
My former roommate Kristyn's husband is a DJ and he did the music to my wedding for free!
Aren't they the cutest?

thank you thank you to Tyler's brother Devin for going around and recording things!
boutonniere for the groomsmen. I am so mad I forgot to get a pic with all of them =(
Here's what the friend groomsmen looked like. They had a green tie, black shirt and boutonniere.
family groomsmen had tuxes with green ties and vests =)
my mom and Tyler's mom made their mother dresses and my nieces dresses.

Love all my bridesmaids. My sister on MY right, Tyler's sister on MY left.

And the sweetest little flower girl, my niece =)
sisters =)
He got me good!
Story behind the song: My senior year in Adult Roles class we had to plan our own wedding. Well the day Tyler had left on his mission my teacher chose to play us examples of wedding videos. "I could not ask for more" was the song in the video and I got all choked up cause well I was a wreck having Tyler gone. I remember thinking that I wanted more than anything to dance to this song with Tyler..so there ya go!
We danced to "what a wonderful world" because well I just love that song and it was very fitting!
They danced to Chicago "you're my inspiration" because it was Tyler's dad's favorite song/band. sniff sniff!
action shot!
Sam caught it and is now on a mission! haha

my little bro caught it!

tiki torch send off!
video of our farewell =)
"now we can all go home!" -Tyler's brother Devin. haha!
For our wedding night we stayed in the heart of Park City Mountainside Resort.
My sweetheart grandma payed for the hotel for us and my Aunt decorated it with fake rose petals and sparkling cider + fancy glasses. We loved everything about it! Well except the drive from Orem to Park City..that was a little long for a newlywed couple driving to their honeymoon suite ;)
We decided to have our honeymoon be in Vegas because well, we love Vegas and it was also the most affordable for us at the time. Plus, our best friends from high school(who were also high school sweethearts and dated each other at the same time Tyler and I did) getting married 5 days after us so we wanted to escape yet still be close enough to drive home for their wedding.

this is Nicole who got married 5 days after us to Spencer her MHS sweetheart =)

Anyways back to our honeymoon, we stayed at the Ph Westgate Towers right on the strip =) So fun!!
Just checking into our hotel...together!
We were pretty excited although I think Tyler was just making fun of me haha.
Ready to hit the strip!
In front of our casino entrance.
Crowded and HOT
typical tourist picture!
Tyler ran into a family that he baptized on his mission! How cool is that??
So a hilarious memory that I have is that my brother surprised us in Vegas! Vegas is his second home so I shouldn't have been surprised. He gave us money to get a really nice caricature done of us, and when we arrived at the booth at the time he had set us up an appointment, there he was!!! Holding champagne glasses and sparkling cider! He got a lot of pics and videos of it all so I didn't think to take any myself. Unfortunately, his camera got stolen/lost during the trip =( But I do have this pic of Tyler with it in our Hotel suite.
Eating at Maggiano's. After these cute gentlemen finished playing they stood there awkwardly expecting a tip...don't worry we gave them one just unfortunately not before things got awkward haha. Especially because all Tyler had in his wallet was a $1 and $100 dollar bill!
we rode the Big Shot on top of the Stratosphere. I was scared to death!
This Asian lady had a thing for Tyler and wanted a picture with us ;) Ha okay just kidding we took a pic of her family so she wanted a pic with us. But she was a little touchy for a complete stranger haha.
Did I mention it was hot as blazes??
I think out next visit to Vegas will be in the cooler months.
ice sculptures
Just checking into our hotel...together!
We were pretty excited although I think Tyler was just making fun of me haha.
Ready to hit the strip!
In front of our casino entrance.
typical tourist picture!
Tyler ran into a family that he baptized on his mission! How cool is that??
So a hilarious memory that I have is that my brother surprised us in Vegas! Vegas is his second home so I shouldn't have been surprised. He gave us money to get a really nice caricature done of us, and when we arrived at the booth at the time he had set us up an appointment, there he was!!! Holding champagne glasses and sparkling cider! He got a lot of pics and videos of it all so I didn't think to take any myself. Unfortunately, his camera got stolen/lost during the trip =( But I do have this pic of Tyler with it in our Hotel suite.
and this is what he wrote on our wedding picture matte:
hehe! love my bro!
Eating at Maggiano's. After these cute gentlemen finished playing they stood there awkwardly expecting a tip...don't worry we gave them one just unfortunately not before things got awkward haha. Especially because all Tyler had in his wallet was a $1 and $100 dollar bill!
This Asian lady had a thing for Tyler and wanted a picture with us ;) Ha okay just kidding we took a pic of her family so she wanted a pic with us. But she was a little touchy for a complete stranger haha.
Did I mention it was hot as blazes??
I think out next visit to Vegas will be in the cooler months.
ice sculptures
Seriously honeymoons are the best!
wow this took longer than I had anticipated! If you made it to the end....leave a comment and let me know! ;) Haha. You're a true pal.



























.jpg)


















.jpg)


















































Perfect post! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOpps! Well, ANNIE! I LOVE THIS, I LOVE YOU! This is so fun reading! You guys are the cutest, and I just love you! I need to blog like you! LOVE YOU LADY!- Jony
DeleteAnnie this post was darling!! Congrats on your three married years together! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I love this! I remember sitting at Ventana talking to you and Brooke right before Tyler got home about all the crazy things going on, and boys, and decisions, etc., etc.!! It's amazing that all of this has happened since then and where we are all now! :) Your family is so cute!! And I have just always been a fan of your guys' love story!!!!!! Also, I'm loving the family pics! SO cute!! So glad I got to catch up on blog stalking you! :) Hahaha. Love ya, girly!!
ReplyDeletexo
Happy Anniversary! I'm so happy for you guys! I'm glad I got to read up on the wedding :). You have some amazing pictures! And your wedding dinner and reception are GORGEOUS!! Wow! I love that you guys are high school sweethearts!
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute!!!! I loved reading about your love story & magical wedding day + honeymoon!! Don't you just love reliving those magical moments?! So fun. Love all the pictures!
ReplyDelete