One Year since Engagement! =)

One year ago today! =) 
Can't believe it. 
It's crazy to think that we are in Tennessee selling pest control, something we never even thought we would be doing. 
Well Tyler's selling pest control. And i'm supporting him selling pest control.
Let me tell you a little about our engagement on May 14, 2010. 
It was marvelous! 
The very first time Tyler and I went ring shopping at Fashion Place Mall, I found my ring. We had visited Zales, Kay Jewelers, and Massey's. I hadn't found anything that really caught my attention and I started getting frustrated because I realized, shoot this is going to be harder than I thought! I didn't want to custom make a ring because there was no way I could commit to a ring i'd never even seen before! So we decided to call it a night and maybe go try out The Shane Company 'cause the mall wasn't cutting it. Well as we were walking back to our car we passed Schubach jewelers and we both looked at each other and thought, why not?
It was then my friends, that I found my ring! I even have pics on my phone of the first time I tried it on. It caught my attention and I just kinda knew. Even though I said I wanted to keep looking, I knew i'd probably never forget this ring. Plus, Tyler loved it and that was really important to me. 
The salesman was a real good one and of course was pushing us to get it that night. 
But Tyler and I both agreed we'd wait and look around a little more. 
On the car ride home however, I was fighting the urge to text all my girlfriends and tell them about the ring and send them the pics. Tyler urged me not to though, just in case I found another one I loved.  
Well the next day we went to Provo Towne Center and tried on rings at Morgan Jewelers. Beautiful rings but of course I couldn't get that ring at Schubach's out of my head! Haha well right across from Morgan Jewelers was a Schubach! I marched right over there and couldn't wait to try that ring on again. It was true love. I couldn't deny it any longer. It was then that we decided it was the one. And Tyler also picked his ring out because if we bought both through Schubach, then there was a discount =)
But! If I could go back, I woud've said screw you Schubach jewelers! I can get Tyler's ring a bajillion times cheaper on e-bay!! Haha but seriously it pisses me off. Oh well! Now I know what to do if Tyler ever loses it. heaven forbid.

So after that day it became pretty much a waiting game. I had no idea when Tyler was going to order it or if he already did, when it would arrive! And although I love surprises, I wanted so bad to know when he was going to do it! Haha. Kind of ironic. 

Well Tyler used the perfect excuse to get us to downtown Salt Lake. We had never gone to the temple to do baptisms together and so he planned a trip to the Salt Lake temple for us to do so =) Of course I was on high suspicion alert and tried to sway him into doing it at the Provo temple....just to see if he'd budge cause if he didn't it would mean that he wanted to take me to the Salt Lake temple for a reason! Isn't that so mean of me? I don't know why i wanted to know so bad...silly me. 

I even told my mom that I felt like he was going to propose at the temple when we did baptisms, but she knew all about his plans, and convinced me he wasn't. Which I am thankful for..although I still got my nails done the day before...just in case ;) Gotta be prepared for those ring pictures!

Well Tyler was a good actor throughout the whole thing cause I still wasn't sure UNTIL we did baptisms. I could tell he was nervous about something and I thought maybe it was because he had never baptized before. Well after he baptized me, the officiator asked if he had time to do another set for the people after us and he said sorry he didn't have time. HAVE TIME? TIME FOR WHAT?? It was then that I pretty much knew. And if I didn't know then, then I definitely knew when we went back to the dressing rooms and Tyler told me to get ready. Hair dried, make up and everything because "we were going to go out to dinner and he figured i'd want to look good" blah blah blah by that point I for sure knew he as going to propose and I could barely mask my excitement! To be fair to Tyler he probably was doing a good acting job...but you just can't fool a girlfriend(who you've been dating for years) who's expecting a ring at any moment! 
Here we are after we got out of the temple. You can see it in my face how excited I was knowing I was finally going to be engaged to my best friend! {Tyler still wearing his blue dot that means he's been endowed}

So then when we got out of the temple, Tyler suggested we go up to The Roof restaurant at the top of The Joseph Smith Memorial building to "take pictures." uh-huh good cover up honey. That restaurant is a very significant and romantic spot for us. We'd eaten there in high school for different dances. Why not include some photos, we all love those right??
 This photo...taken with Tyler's phone haha. But oh how i love it! Blurryness and all!
Tyler's Senior Ball 2007













This photo is also blurry but the temple looks beautiful!













This was my Junior Prom 2007.









Trying to imitate the above picture. Just not the same.
High school sweethearts...who knew one day, we'd get engaged in that same spot =) I mean i definitely thought about it..a lot..haha..

So I put on my acting face and said oh yes! I'd love to take pictures up there! 
The ascent in the elevator to the top floor was a long one. Once again, if I hadn't already been suspecting something then I most definitely would've been by now! Tyler hardly said a word to me! He was so nervous! And it was so cute! Well here's the funny/unexpected part. As we turn from the elevators into the beautiful lobby, I see Tyler's best friend Jeff diving into his hiding spot after being obviously spotted by us holding two dozen roses! Haha! Tyler was mortified! And I had no idea what to do! Apparently Jeff had left his spot to go tell a guy talking on the phone in the window view area to move because someone was going to propose there.{you can see the guy in our video talking on the phone} I was so giddy and excited! I just smiled and said I didn't see anything! 
Tyler knew when I said that that I suspected the whole thing all along haha. So he walked me to the window and Jeff tapped me on the shoulder. I was freaking out inside. And here, for your viewing pleasure, is the video of our engagement! First time i've ever posted it onto the world wide web! I had to cut it down because it was suuper long. So consider yourself lucky! Jeff's assignment was to deliver me flowers, and record the whole thing. Then take our picture! It was perfect! Thank you Jeff!!
Yea I cut it off as soon as Jeff sets down the camera cause it just goes on to record us taking pictures and stuff. But one thing that's cute is when Tyler tells me while we're taking pics, that we have a reservation at The Roof in ten minutes. BAH!! I was soo excited! It was perfect!!! Here are some pics!
First picture as an engaged couple. 


ha love this pictures. SO excited =)

So we ate in the most perfect spot at The Roof. Right in front of the Temple.
And when I got to our table there was yet another rose waiting =)

So most of you know that Tyler and I had a thing for each other back in seventh grade(eight grade for him) right? Well I had more than a thing for him...I had an obsession! Well in my young women's when I was 13, we did a wedding time capsule. It was SUCH a good idea! We picked out out colors, dress, date, place of reception, everything! We just cut them out of wedding magazines and such. They even had you write the names of your kids you wanted, how many etc. Well I decided that I was definitely going to marry Tyler Andersen when I grew up, so I named one of the kids Tyler Jr. AND I wrote on strips of paper that I wanted to marry Tyler Andersen. My young women's leaders just rolled their eyes of course and encouraged me not to do so. BUT I was determined. HA! Oh my. 
So then we put everything into a big tin can sealed it never to be opened until the day of your engagement. Tyler of course knew about this time capsule cause i'd told him back in high school after we'd been dating a good while of course...don't want to scare the poor guy off....haha.

So he picked it up from my parents, secretly behind my back a few days earlier and made sure to have one of the servers deliver it to my seat while we were up getting food from the buffet.
SO cute! I was utterly surprised and impressed. I wish i'd gotten pictures of it...but I didn't think about it. We opened it and it was so fun to finally see it all again. After 8 years. Crazy! =)

Okay That's our engagements story. I've never really written it out full fledged like that. So sorry it was an eyeful to read. Hope you enjoyed the video though! =)

Comments

  1. Oh my heck Annie. That's such a sweet engagement story! :) You guys are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mixed emotions about going ring shopping with my will-be fiance. I mean I WANT him to know what I like. But I feel like anytime he had anything planned I would be suspicious and I want to be TOTALLY surprised. Like I-had-no-idea surprised!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts