Livin' it up in Tennessee...
So pretty much, sales are HARD! Like real hard. I had no idea how hard it would be to be out here. But it's a great opportunity! And Tyler really is so good at it but it is still a huge test on your attitude and endurance and everything. I have always been a pretty positive person, or have always tried to be. SO it definitely comes in handy now. I mean it's kinda something you have to experience for yourself. Like i'd heard that it's real tough and takes a lot of positivity, confidence and determination. Yep they weren't lying! It's also Tyler's first year doing this, so that also makes it a challenge. It'll get easier to, further into the summer. But it's been a good experience so far! I've loved being out here and experiencing life out of my comfort zone! It helps too that we're here with such amazing people in such an amazing apartment!! We've had lots of fun.
We went to church for the first time out here last Sunday and our ward house was get this...15 miles away! 25 minutes to get to the closest ward house which is the ward our location is assigned. Nope definitely not Utah. Before Sunday, I hadn't seen a single LDS ward house! Just a whole lot of other churches. They're very open about religion here too. But church was fun and since it was Mother's Day they gave out pink carnations for the single adult women and the Moms! Unfortunately, Tyler had forgotten to pack a tie and white dress shirt...haha whoops! So we improvised but unfortunately he couldn't wear a tie to church. Here are some pics =)
pictures don't do it justice..but there is this beautiful cliff slash mountainous hill that we drive by on our way to the church.
There are rocks like this everywhere that are on the highways that you drive through. Very pretty. Just an example of one.
We went to church for the first time out here last Sunday and our ward house was get this...15 miles away! 25 minutes to get to the closest ward house which is the ward our location is assigned. Nope definitely not Utah. Before Sunday, I hadn't seen a single LDS ward house! Just a whole lot of other churches. They're very open about religion here too. But church was fun and since it was Mother's Day they gave out pink carnations for the single adult women and the Moms! Unfortunately, Tyler had forgotten to pack a tie and white dress shirt...haha whoops! So we improvised but unfortunately he couldn't wear a tie to church. Here are some pics =)
pictures don't do it justice..but there is this beautiful cliff slash mountainous hill that we drive by on our way to the church.
There are rocks like this everywhere that are on the highways that you drive through. Very pretty. Just an example of one.
And when it rains, like every other day, it looks like a cascading waterfall off these cliffs.
The scenery is beautiful here and I find myself just wanting to take pics all the time!
Ha k so one of the weirdest things i've seen is a post office/tanning salon/old school video rental!! It is soo ghetto! It reminds me of an old Blockbuster. Remember, with the white shelves for the movies and blue carpet? Yea. gross. I go to mail my packages and the whole place is hott and reeks of tanning! It's weird..I had to take some pics. Only of the outside though. I'd feel bad taking pics of the inside. As weird as the whole place is...I don't need to slap it in their face by taking pics haha.
me and Mickelle =) We spend most days together. Running errands, laying at the pool, scrapbooking, whatever =)
So yesterday me and the girls here went on a little girls day excursion.
Mimi's Cafe for lunch! I have a special place in my heart for this place since I worked here all my high school days. I find myself randomly craving some of their delicious food!! Love it. Glad I worked there in high school though when my metabolism was a little harder working haha.
The Nashville Tennessee temple. It is tiny!!!
Haha I look like a nerd! It doesn't look big..but this flower was ginantuous! Gi-gan-tu-ous. And it smelled good too =)
Mickelle and Casey.
I look like a midget haha.
Beautiful!
Yep...that sticker in the corner says yea God boo Devil.
??
So that was our fun girls day in Nashville =)
So before I sign off...I wanted to mention a few other things..
Since we've been here, Tyler and I have watched a ton of movies(your welcome redbox)! It's his way of rewinding after a day of selling and I just love watching movies so it's what we do pretty much every night. Here are some of the ones we enjoyed..
We finally saw Tangled!! OH my gosh loved it! Wish we would've gone to see it in 3D in the theaters!
We saw a movie called Heart and Soul with Robert Downey Jr. It's a 90's movie that is absolutely a must see! So cute! My girlfriend recommended it to me so we ordered it through Netflix.
We saw another older movie called Flipped. Way cute! I enjoyed it. Reminded me a little of my stalker days..haha juuust kidding..I never stalked anyone....
Angels and Demons was good except that I was so tired...I fell asleep. OOps! But I woke up just in time for all the excitement.
We saw Morning Glory with Rachel McAdams. Um WOW. It is in Redbox currently and I think you all should go get it!! It also has Harrison Ford in it and Diane Keeton. So yea. A great flick.
Rainy with a chance of meatballs was another fun one we hadn't seen =)
The Nashville Tennessee temple. It is tiny!!!
Pics don't do it justice...but we were blown away by how small it was.
It's right next to a giant stake center...and the stake center is bigger than the temple.
Haha I look like a nerd! It doesn't look big..but this flower was ginantuous! Gi-gan-tu-ous. And it smelled good too =)
Me and Alex!
There was a Dippin' Dots store right down the street from the temple. Huge plus! And surprise! It was awesomely cheaper than Lagoon! HaMickelle and Casey.
I look like a midget haha.
Beautiful!
Yep...that sticker in the corner says yea God boo Devil.
??
So that was our fun girls day in Nashville =)
So before I sign off...I wanted to mention a few other things..
Since we've been here, Tyler and I have watched a ton of movies(your welcome redbox)! It's his way of rewinding after a day of selling and I just love watching movies so it's what we do pretty much every night. Here are some of the ones we enjoyed..
We finally saw Tangled!! OH my gosh loved it! Wish we would've gone to see it in 3D in the theaters!
We saw a movie called Heart and Soul with Robert Downey Jr. It's a 90's movie that is absolutely a must see! So cute! My girlfriend recommended it to me so we ordered it through Netflix.
We saw another older movie called Flipped. Way cute! I enjoyed it. Reminded me a little of my stalker days..haha juuust kidding..I never stalked anyone....
Angels and Demons was good except that I was so tired...I fell asleep. OOps! But I woke up just in time for all the excitement.
We saw Morning Glory with Rachel McAdams. Um WOW. It is in Redbox currently and I think you all should go get it!! It also has Harrison Ford in it and Diane Keeton. So yea. A great flick.
Rainy with a chance of meatballs was another fun one we hadn't seen =)
We also saw How do you know with Reese Witherspoon, Jack Nicholson and Owen Wilson. It was okay.....for spending only a dollar on it. I liked this movie...just not compared to any other movie if that makes sense.
And then last night we saw Justin Bieber's documentary: Never say Never. Love love love...Tyler even enjoyed it haha. In fact we've seen it twice already...haha. Even if you are not a fan of him...you'd still enjoy it. You grow a lot more respect for the kid. He's got talent and he is just adorable.
Okay that's all for now. Bye bye!
Okay that's all for now. Bye bye!
Baaahhh I LOVED Never Say Never!!! hahahaha. love love love.
ReplyDelete