Goodbye studio apartment..hello Tennessee!!

Goodbye first apartment. You were so small. 

And challenging. But you were perfect for our newlywed slash very poor situation =) And because you were so perfect for us, we got to meet so many wonderful people! 

Your location was so much fun. We loved living in downtown.

But alas...I will not miss your faulty toilet that wouldn't flush unless you held down the flusher a good ten seconds. Nor will I miss your bipolar water heater. Couldn't decide when to be hot or cold. and the faucets were backwards with H for cold and C for hot. Or the fact that you didn't have a dishwasher and we would use all our hot water just trying to wash all our dishes. Nope will not miss that...or your kitchen sink drain that would talk to us at night. The smell of marijuana will surely not be missed, but most of all(although it is a close one with the marijuana smokers next door)...your paper thin walls will be the least missed of all. Especially since we lived in a triplex and had neighbors all around us. Friendly guys. Yes, all men. Bachelors may I add. Partying all night. What fun...but not so much for us. We apparently had the longest running house venue as neighbors. Good thing their music was actually good and didn't suck..unless you were trying to sleep. Ear plugs became my favorite invention. Can't believe we're going from this studio apartment to a luxurious and furnished 2 bedroom apartment in Nashville Tennessee(pictures to be expected later)...the exact city we're at in Nashville is Hendersonville. Everything here ends in ville. Goodletsville...Higginsville...Greensville..all cities we've passed since arriving in Tennessee.

Anyways, we are now in Tennessee!!
 YAY!!
When Tyler and I saw this sign Sunday morning, we couldn't help but erupt in cheers! Happiest moment of the week...or month...or year....haha. The drive was lots worse than I expected. We hit a terrible snow storm in the tops of the Wyoming mountains. Couldn't see more than 5 feet in front of us! Scary!! The winds were 45+ MPH plus the snow made for absolute misery. Then we experienced our first east coast thunder/lightening/rainstorm as soon as we crossed into Kentucky. And it lasted much longer than most rainstorms do in Utah. It was nothing like i'd ever seen. If I could go back I would've recorded these crazy encounters with weather...but of course that was the last thing on my mind at the time. Unlucky were we...but then again we're lucky because we survived it! Tyler was amazing and stayed calm even while I was a complete wreck in the passenger seat. It also didn't help that we were driving through the night and so it was pitch black all around us as the clouds dumped buckets on us..in the middle of nowhere Kentucky.
But we are finally here! And don't have to worry about driving that drive again for another three months at least. And when we do, I really don't want to drive when it's dark. Not a fan. I'm such a wimp. If I could, I would've chose to drive only during the day when it's light and then stop at a hotel the moment it got dark. But of course..that's not very realistic haha. We couldn't of done it without Magellan...our GPS. It was a must have for driving across the country. I couldn't believe how much it knew. Our MPH, our exact location...our estimated time of arrival... elevation...nearest gas station..hotel..etc. Technology these days. We also couldn't of done it without books on CD. Dan Brown and Nicolas Sparks kept us company on the interstate highways.

Well we're loving Tennessee and the warm humid weather! We don't mind the humidity. I can save money on my face lotion because I never have to use it! And it's nice to experience warm weather at night. A nice change from Utah's crazy cold spring weather. It's currently 75 degrees =) I love the stares when people see our Utah license plate. And our overly packed car. Yes we have traveled a long distance. Another difference i've noticed is the editing in songs here. Or should I say lack of editing. I was surprised to hear a Pink song that was a little different from the version i'm used to...haha. And they have a little different version of Ke$ha's song Tic Tok. Apparently here, instead of "kick 'em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger." Its: "kick 'em to the curb unless they look like Rich Davis." Rich Davis??? Who on earth is that? Haha. Weird. What's even more weird is I can't find that version anywhere on the internet. Super weird.

We will miss all of our Utah friends and family!!  We are missing 6 weddings this summer alone! =( Sad day...

Comments

  1. Haha Rich Davis? What the heck. He must be the mayor of Tennessee! :) Haha No I'm kidding. That's hilarious though.
    Glad you got there safe and sound. I'll be looking forward to hearing more of your adventures.
    Can't wait until you're back, so we can go on a double date.
    Stay safe and happy! Both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so sad you won't be here but can't wait to hear how everything goes! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your posted they are so fun to read :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you guys got there safe-wow-long drive! Now you need to post pics of your new place. How is it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts