trickster.
It's been decided that baby Halli Ann is a trickster!!
Just like her daddy.
She tricked us with a shortened cervix and preterm labor scare!
She tricked us with a dilating cervix but no painful contractions!
Then when I started to feel painful contractions....they went away! How tricksy!
And now she has tricked us with a standstill in dilation the week that we have finally been taken off all restrictions!!
What the heck baby??
But! I guess I have to respect the fact that she knows when she is supposed to come and will arrive when she is ready! What more can I ask for? I definitely want a healthy little munchkin.
So basically, I had my 38 week doc appt today and thought for sure i'd be dilated to at least a 6 because I was almost at a 5 last week, and a 31/2 the week before.
nope! Still just sittin' at a 5.
Remember this part from my last post?
"Almost 5cm dilated...80% effaced as of today 5/24. My doc says that if by next week, i'm still dilating and haven't gone into labor yet she will send me to the hospital and break my water. So I could possibly for sure have a baby by next week!! So surreal!!"
So my doc didn't want to break my water unless I was a 6. Which makes sense..I just let my hopes get way up that I would be dilated enough to have her break my water and in turn have a baby today! But this is life...and I will just be patient and accept the fact that she will come when she comes. Not too much I can do about it...but there are definitely things I can try! =)
Baby Halli is also really small. My uterus, which from the pubic bone to the top is supposed to measure the same cm as I am weeks along, is 2cm small(but Doc doesn't seem worried)...and from feeling my belly/baby Doc concludes that she is no more than 6 lbs. Just a little thing!
So she just needs to bulk up already and make her grand entrance!
Just like her daddy.
She tricked us with a shortened cervix and preterm labor scare!
She tricked us with a dilating cervix but no painful contractions!
Then when I started to feel painful contractions....they went away! How tricksy!
And now she has tricked us with a standstill in dilation the week that we have finally been taken off all restrictions!!
What the heck baby??
But! I guess I have to respect the fact that she knows when she is supposed to come and will arrive when she is ready! What more can I ask for? I definitely want a healthy little munchkin.
So basically, I had my 38 week doc appt today and thought for sure i'd be dilated to at least a 6 because I was almost at a 5 last week, and a 31/2 the week before.
nope! Still just sittin' at a 5.
Remember this part from my last post?
"Almost 5cm dilated...80% effaced as of today 5/24. My doc says that if by next week, i'm still dilating and haven't gone into labor yet she will send me to the hospital and break my water. So I could possibly for sure have a baby by next week!! So surreal!!"
So my doc didn't want to break my water unless I was a 6. Which makes sense..I just let my hopes get way up that I would be dilated enough to have her break my water and in turn have a baby today! But this is life...and I will just be patient and accept the fact that she will come when she comes. Not too much I can do about it...but there are definitely things I can try! =)
Baby Halli is also really small. My uterus, which from the pubic bone to the top is supposed to measure the same cm as I am weeks along, is 2cm small(but Doc doesn't seem worried)...and from feeling my belly/baby Doc concludes that she is no more than 6 lbs. Just a little thing!
So she just needs to bulk up already and make her grand entrance!
Here's my 37 week pic
These days you can find me in a skirt, sweats/yoga pants or bball shorts. Anything else is just too much work and not comfortable. And comfort at this point, anywhere you can get it is a must!
No questionnaire this time...but I will boast about no stretch marks yet! Yay! And i've almost hit the 20 lb mark for weight gain.
stay tuned for baby news!

Ms. Halli Ann is just comfortable in there I guess! Hopefully this means that she will sleep better... that's what my mom keeps saying :) Love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteTricky tricky babies are! I know exactly how you feel getting your hopes up to have that baby and then they're destroyed :(. I was at a 5 for two weeks before I was induced. Lame. And uncomfortable. But the good news is your baby girl WILL come :) that's a fact-she can't stay in there forever! :). And you are looking FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow girl-just barely coming to gaining 20 lbs?! That's NOTHING!!! sheesh you're lucky! Can't wait to hear baby news!
ReplyDelete