final stretch
I have to blog at least one more time before this bebe comes! But it's kind of been the last thing on my list of things to do before it happens!
Ever since I found out I was 3 and a half cm dilated 80% effaced Thursday 5/17 I have been border line freaking out about everything I still have to/want to get done/purchase before she arrives!
It could be any day now. Any day.
And I must say..the anticipation is killer!!!
Remember how I said I wanted to make it to full term{37 weeks}? Don't get me wrong I do...but oh man! All of a sudden the days are creeping by! I keep wanting each braxton hicks{which are coming alllll the time now} to be an actual contraction!
Am I crazy??
Maybe..
I haven't started like exercising or doing the old wives tale things to induce labor or anything yet...I definitely know that the longer she can stay in there the better.
But I can't help but be soo excited!! Especially when everyone's waiting by their phone for the call. or the text. =)
Anyways i've had so many wonderful showers and I kind of can't believe it's all coming to an end! It seems like just yesterday I was having my first shower! =) Tyler's work threw us a shower last week and it was soo nice of them.
Tyler has been so lucky to have a job that he loves as a web developer. The people he works with are awesome.
Then my family threw me a shower and it was so lovely! =)
Ever since I found out I was 3 and a half cm dilated 80% effaced Thursday 5/17 I have been border line freaking out about everything I still have to/want to get done/purchase before she arrives!
It could be any day now. Any day.
And I must say..the anticipation is killer!!!
Remember how I said I wanted to make it to full term{37 weeks}? Don't get me wrong I do...but oh man! All of a sudden the days are creeping by! I keep wanting each braxton hicks{which are coming alllll the time now} to be an actual contraction!
Am I crazy??
Maybe..
I haven't started like exercising or doing the old wives tale things to induce labor or anything yet...I definitely know that the longer she can stay in there the better.
But I can't help but be soo excited!! Especially when everyone's waiting by their phone for the call. or the text. =)
Anyways i've had so many wonderful showers and I kind of can't believe it's all coming to an end! It seems like just yesterday I was having my first shower! =) Tyler's work threw us a shower last week and it was soo nice of them.
Tyler has been so lucky to have a job that he loves as a web developer. The people he works with are awesome.
Then my family threw me a shower and it was so lovely! =)
yummy food
Cousins...three days apart =)
My mama
My sister who lives out of the country spoils me with so many cute things!
Such beautiful roses!
And then we were lucky enough to get maternity pictures done!! Avi Stoddard is a college friend and she is amazing! I can't even believe how good they turned out! I've only seen four so far...but after seeing those I can only imagine how wonderful the rest are going to be!
favorite of course =)
such a perfect candid moment!
Our photographer Avi is such a pro! She told Tyler to try and lean down to kiss me but it didn't work out so well. at all. But we both started laughing at his futile attempt to kiss my forehead and had no idea this photo was even taken! =)
Isn't that the best??
This last Sunday I had Tyler take a photo of me..I was too lazy to change into my prego shot shirt. I've been so tired lately. And definitely more apt to being lazy!
These pics are not a good reflection of my growing belly..but i'll take a legit one before we go to the hospital for the real deal.
I'm also too lazy/tired right now to add in numbers..so just pretend it says 36.
Can you tell I started out with a contraction/braxton hicks in the first pic? But then it faded away by the time we took the last photo. I'm pretty sick of those *fake* uncomfortable contractions. Tyler caught a good pic of just how sick i'm becoming of them haha.
Lovely.
How far along? 36 weeks and 6 days currently.
Total weight gain: About 18 pounds.
Maternity clothes? yes. I caved and am so glad I did! The shirt and pants i'm wearing in the maternity pics are maternity and i love them!
Stretch marks? not yet!
Sleep? It has taken a turn for the worst sadly...but that is expected as I get bigger. I will take it for what i'm getting in return!
Best moment in the last couple weeks: The maternity pics were a blast! Tyler actually told me afterwards that he's never had so much fun taking pictures! Haha. Score!
Miss anything? Umm..I miss having full range of motion? Haha.
Movement: Yes and many bouts of hiccups throughout the day.
Food cravings? Nope just the regular sweets addiction.
Anything making you sick? Sometimes if i eat something too sweet or rich or eat too much of it i don't feel so good. Like my whole torso/chest/stomach aches. Really weird.
Gender: girly!
labor signs: Maybe some contractions?? It's killing me not knowing what to feel for. Dozens have told me what it feels like...but it's kinda something you have to experience yourself. I'll feel something that I think is a true contraction...and then it won't come back. hmm...
Belly button? outtie.
Wedding ring? Still on! No swelling except for the feet sometimes at night after a long day.
Happy or moody most of the time? happy =) Maybe more apt to getting seriously stressed out lately...but definitely happy.
Looking forward to: oh ya know just Having a baby!!!!
Overall I can't complain...I am trying to live it up being pregnant the best I can..sometimes I have to remind myself though haha. I have been feeling so much pressure down there in the pelvic regions just in the last week in a half or so. It literally hurts walking now, getting out of bed, off a couch etc.
I see my doctor tomorrow so we will see how things look! I don't think i've changed much if I still haven't been having regular contractions...
**update almost 5cm dilated...80% effaced as of today 5/24. My doc says that if by next week, i'm still dilating and haven't gone into labor yet she will send me to the hospital and break my water. So I could for sure have a baby by next week!! So surreal!!**
**update almost 5cm dilated...80% effaced as of today 5/24. My doc says that if by next week, i'm still dilating and haven't gone into labor yet she will send me to the hospital and break my water. So I could for sure have a baby by next week!! So surreal!!**
Now i'm sure you all want to see the baby room! I'm excited to show it! Tyler's aunts bought us the crib and bedding! So wonderful! It's what started the ball going for putting together her room. It's pretty much done for the most part...we just need to get a glider/recliner chair down the road sometime to go in the corner where her stroller currently is...
And i'm still playing around with how to do the letters on the wall...
they're paper mache and i spray painted them..in case your'e wondering.
Tyler thought they were solid wood and it bothered him to have them right above where she sleeps just cause what if an earthquake happened or something. Haha cute Tyler. And in case some of you are wondering, when she's old enough to sleep in her crib i'll start to worry about the bumper pads or make some changes..but I love how they look! Plus they're really thin so I just don't know...cross that bridge when we get to it!
Tyler now shares a closet with her =) And he can't believe how many clothes she already has. Just like her mama he says. I love them all!
Underneath this cute little wood plaque is the changing table which is kind of a mess still trying to get all the little knick knacks organized and such...
I love how many books she already has! I put out some of my favorites for the picture. I still have a few more i'd like to get...but this is a great start! Thank you mama!{she bought me most of them!}
I can't decide what else to put on this shelf thingie...
I had this great idea the other day while browsing baby boutique things...
why not make my own baby pacifier holder thingie??
you can also really easily sew fabric but i don't have a sewing machine so i turn to my best bud hot glue. I can't wait to try it out!
I captured some crazy movement this morning. Is it just me or does it look like she's ready to break out of there??
here are the best two..
this one gets good at 00:13

.jpeg)

.jpeg)









I can't believe it's almost time!! Her nursery is adorable!!
ReplyDeleteYay!! You're so close! I am so excited for you guys!! Love your nursery!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Annie those belly videos are crazy! Now that Alexa is 2 months old it seems like I don't even remember what it was like to have a little one moving inside me, but Doug used to call her a little alien because she was all over the place like Halli :) It's almost time for her arrival and her nursery is very cute, it looks like we are using similar colors, love the pink and turquoise, that's what we are doing for Alexa's nursery when we get back! I guess I will be seeing you all very soon :)
ReplyDeleteDude, I know it's not possible but there were several points during those videos I was very afraid your baby was going to burst out of your belly. Get her out! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I can't wait to see pictures of her! I'm so excited for you!!! Excited to hear all about it!
ReplyDelete