Third&Final Trimester!

It's such a love/hate relationship I have right now with June getting closer and closer. I want it to get here as soon as possible! But then I start to freak out thinking about everything I want to get done and prepare before then!
I think the reason I am more antsy to have June get here is because of the recent troubles we have run into with my shortening lady parts. Which after my ultrasound appointment today are only getting worse =(

So I know that things could be so much worse and that really i'm just grateful she's healthy and we've made it this far! Almost 30 weeks! But it's still not fun being at "high risk" during your pregnancy especially your first one!

Basically, my cervix is now at a 1.2{should be at a 3, was at a 1.7 three wks ago} and it's started funneling. Which means the internal part is starting to efface. She then had me get a non-stress test and two steroid shots in my lower back/rear end. Which if you're curious, felt like instant targeted cramping in my lower back/butt after the initial sting of the shot. Not super comfortable but nothing you couldn't walk/massage off. One today and one tomorrow. Through the non-stress test we were able to see that I was contracting a little bit without even really feeling anything. I mean, yea I definitely have my back pain but usually just lying down and drinking plenty of water{I have to pee every hour now it seems} helps a ton. Nothing I thought could  be considered as contractions. So, yes it's scary that i'm contracting, but it's not bad enough to be put on bed rest or admitted to L&D. They're having me come in twice a week for the next little while to get non-stress tested. 
Which makes me feel good. 
I see my OB on Thursday so she'll instruct me more on what's going to happen and what i'm going to need to do now if different than what i've already been doing. Which is taking it real easy and being a "lazy bum."

Now yay for the good news! Halli is growing and looking really good. She measures a few days short for how far along I am but they said that's totally fine. She is head down and weighs over 3 lbs now though! Yay! Crazy to think that she's 3 lbs! I'm just glad all her organs, facial features, body parts measure and are functioning normally. No heart defects, cleft palette, abnormalities etc. 
Look at that low belly. The positive to a low belly is that I haven't had any problems with her up in my ribs yet. But i'm sure the day is fast approaching. 
I felt her hiccups officially 3/26 laying in bed =) So cute! 
I barely notice them because she moves around so much anyways and they feel like muscle spasms that you get in your leg sometimes. 
Here an unedited one showing off the belly a little bit better =)
I'm wearing my "prego" jeans that are the only ones that still comfortably fit buttoned up because Tyler bought them for me a size too big by mistake a couple Christmases ago. 
Well a mistake no longer! They are now my designated preggie pants haha.
belly pic at 28 weeks in my favorite church dress that shows off my belly =)

Probably one of the best videos i've gotten of her movements. My belly seriously does the wave! Don't know what she's doing in there! I still have yet to capture an arm or knee swiping across my stomach. It's the weirdest and coolest thing.

My OB told me to get some over the counter Zantac to help with my heartburn. Oh it works so great! I recommend it to everyone experiencing heartburn/indigestion. Cheap too!


Onto other news in our lives, we've had a fun past couple weeks =)
 Hunger Games! 
At The Gateway. Love ya Gateway...but City Creek Center blows you to pieces! The only reason we were at The {ghost town} Gateway that night and not City Creek was because Gateway had movie theaters. Thank goodness for those keeping Gateway somewhat populated. HA.
 We went with a group of friends and it was a blast. It was interesting to see who enjoyed it out of the stubborn non-book readers vs. the ones who had read them.
 Showing how excited we were before it had started haha =)
Still this excited after it ended too. Did not disappoint! We loved!

General Conference weekend =) 
Tyler's brother Devin had 6 tickets for us to attend the Saturday afternoon session of Conference.
Ben{Ty's bro in law} and Charlotte{Tyler's sis} Devin{Tyler's bro} and Sarah{Ty's sis in law} and us! =)
It was hott!! Nearly 80 degrees that day!
We have not been to a General Conference in like over a decade at least. I think I realize why...not that we didn't enjoy it! Just, not to do that often. Especially when pregnant OR even with young kids. It was exhausting! Lots of ridiculous traffic, waiting in ginormous lines in the heat just to get into the building, and then getting out into hoards of crowds on and off the roads. City Creek being right across the street did not help out course. {Wow talk about ungrateful? Haha these are my pregnancy hormones talking.}
We visited City Creek afterwards for as long as we could stand. The crowds were overpowering and you couldn't really enjoy anything. Lots of Gen. Conf. peeps. We would've waited close to an hour for anything to eat. But it was still amazing and I can't wait to return! When the crowds die down.
Anyways, loved General Conference =) So amazing as always. I loved that we got to be there during Elder Holland's talk.
"why should you be jealous when I choose to be kind?"


"There are going to be times in our lives when someone else gets an unexpected blessing or receives some special recognition,” he said. “May I plead with us not to be hurt—and certainly not to feel envious—when good fortune comes to another. We are not diminished when someone else is added upon. We are not in a race against each other to see who is the wealthiest or the most talented or the most beautiful or even the most blessed."
“The race we are really in is the race against sin, and surely envy is one of the most universal of those.”

There were other great talks obviously, but just thought i'd share from the one that I loved hearing in person =)

I had a little bit of a crafty spree this last week!

I made this wreath inspired by multiple wreaths i'd seen around. Basically I took a walk around Hobby Lobby picking things out =) Under 10 dollars! =)

Made these for Halli Ann's room =) So easy! Here is the tutorial once again for your easy access.
Then I made some for a table centerpiece with different color tissue paper I bought at Dollar Tree.
i love dollar tree. Check there before you go anywhere else for your crafty supplies!

I made quite the mess doing this craft.
 Tyler even joined in! =)
paper mache Easter eggs! I say paper mache becuase you use the same glue like paste to make them =)
embroidery floss+water balloons+flour+liquid starch=super cheap craft!
Do you like my family of chickies? Haha Tyler laughs at them almost every time he sees them. 


  I redecorated the turquoise blue frame above by sanding then painting it{used to be gold},
I also added some gray felt flowers to the black frame in this pic =)
 Got this idea off you know where and have been wanting to do it for a while. I've had an old frame that i'd never really used because it was burgundry/black with gold. BLEH! Nothing that sanding and black glossy acrylic paint can't fix though =) It's our first key to our first apartment together =)


Now is the time I ask for baby/baby gear advice if you have it! #1 item you can't live without? #1 item you can't believe you thought you couldn't live without?
 I've gotten a ton of advice so far and I love and appreciate all of it!
But please don't be offended if i don't take yours! I still want to hear it though!
=)

If you haven't seen this video clip yet....you must! It's great!



Comments

  1. I have wanted to do the paper mache thing. Now I MUST. Oh my gosh they look so cute. And your Easter stuff is SOOOOOO cute. Your house looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie! You are so crafty I am jealous! I need time to to be crafty some days. Teach me! Next time you have a craft day like that you call me girl and we can go together to hobby lobby, I hear its a crafters haven. :) p.s.- your belly is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, You are the cutest prego person, EVER! I miss you. WE should totally get together sometime when you are not too busy. I love your house, I love your pictures, and I love your blog haha Sorry about some of your recent troubles. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I responded to your facebook for everything else, but here are my baby gear things! I think every baby is different, but for me these have been lifesavers.
    1. Baby bouncer with a toy bar that lit up. It was my best friend and Wyatt would sit in it for 20 minutes at a time...long enough for me to hop in the shower and it was small enough that I could put it right in the bathroom or wherever.
    2. Baby swing. They can get a little pricey, but we would have just died without ours.
    3. BURP CLOTHS & PACIFIERS, as well as a comfortable chair for nighttime feedings, whether that's a rocking chair or an armchair or your couch!
    My maybes would be the moby wrap, wipes warmer, all those playmat/gym things. They are handy and definitely useful, I know Wyatt appreciated when we finally got a wipes warmer for his little bum! The mats I know he enjoyed but he could play just as easily on a blanket with some other toys, which by the way, babies do NOT need a lot of toys! They'll play with a box that it came in before they play with toys. Those are superfluous, but my one "no" baby item is crib bumpers. I can send you a report the AAP put out about them. It's a touchy subject, and I know lots of people use them, but to me the risk is just not worth it and we've never used them. Your baby can't bump their head hard enough to do any damage and the alternative is so dangerous. I'm not trying to be melodramatic-it's just something I feel really strongly about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your belly is super cute! I hope everything turns out okay with your baby cervix haha. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, LOVE your bump! I miss feeling all the cool movements! Also, that is so funny you mentioned that quote from Elder Holland, it was my favorite and I have talked to other people about it and they all said it was the favorite too! it was just so for me and something you dont hear much. AND wow baby advice.... Didn't think I'd need a bathtub, get one. My back would kill me holding her and they grow out of the sink quick. BURP cloths, mostly for your boobs, they'll be leaking crazy when your first trying to breast feed. Aden and Anais swaddle blankets, BEST especially for summer, they're thin and soft and at target, bumbo is my life saver, if you don't already have these, I'd wait because some babies don't need/like them, swing, boppy, bottles, baby bjorn(carrier), pacifiers, newborn bibs. Navy wasn't a spitter upper, some pacifiers work, others not. She NEVER took a bottle and now I have a ton. sorry thats a ton, but CALL ME if you want to chat about anything else, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh and I agree with the no bumper thing too...ok now Ive thought of more stuff. I love those swaddle blankets, but I kinda wish I also had some of those velcro ones they just look easier to wrap. Also love our pak and play, still use it for navys crib. wipes warmer, and bottles warmers I think are a waste.. oh and diaper genies still smell, and you have to keep buying new bags for them, nail clippers are a must! footed pants when its cold, socks are a pain. my rule is just wait on everything that has to come out of your pocket, wait till there's really a need. one other thing, I didn't like the wipes that came in a "crunchy" bag cause they make too much noise at night when your changing their diaper, :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how the lung shots are-ouch! Not fun. I'm glad you're still free from bedrest. Wahoo! Enjoy it while you're off. But when they put you on it, stick to it! Not that you wouldn't, but my little guy just spend 3 days in the NICU and it was terrible. And the other little babies in there just BROKE MY HEART!!! Do everything possible to keep your baby outta there! Obviously you know that but it just really hit me with ours in the NICU. SO SO sad! You're looking AMAZING by the way! Almost there-getting closer and closer :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts