Warning: This is going to be a very random post..
So I totally forgot that Tyler took some fun pics on his iPhone of our adventure to downtown Nashville two Saturdays ago.
This my friends....is the weirdest thing i've ever seen!! We were driving along, and then all of a sudden we passed this mobile bar! Or whatever you'd call it!
So they're pedaling to keep the thing moving!
But they're drinking at the same time! Haha talk about working off your drink!
This is where the Taylor Swift concert was and the swarm of people coming out after it.
Here are some pool pics we took on Sunday. The guys hadn't been to the pool yet since they work all day every day except for Sunday. And Sunday was such a beautiful day! We just couldn't resist.
me and kell
Haha. Mark, Tyler and Cody.
This summer has been a great time for me to improve my cooking skills! Actually, it's more like add cooking to one of my skills. I've gotten lots of help and recipes from Mickelle =) One of them I just have to share with you, is her granola recipe. Tyler says it's the best granola he's ever had. And I would have to agree! Plus, I made it! =D
Tyler already had a bowl or two of it by the time I got around to taking a photo!
It's so easy!! And as you can see, it makes a ton!
Here is the recipe for those to are interested =)
heat together slightly(just so it's warm. not like bubbly hot or anything):
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup pure maple syrup(or 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 regular syrup)
2 Tbs vanilla
Mix in a big bowl:
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups coconut
1 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup sesame seeds(I left these out since I couldn't find them. Still tasted wonderful!)
1 cup sunflower seeds(already pitted obviously.)
1 cup cranberries(or raisins. But since cranberries are so good for you and your urinary tract I don't see why you wouldn't choose them!)
1 cup chopped almonds(I just bought a bag of them already slivered)
7-8 cups old fashioned oats.
mix together with the heated syrup.
spread onto cookie sheets and bake at 150 degrees for 8 hours. (I did like 6 1/2 and it was fine. It's just to dry out the oats to your desired liking.)
So after you take it out of the oven you use the tin foil to crunch and separate the granola into little bits by lifting it up on the edges and curling it over itself if that makes sense.
Not only does it make lots of healthy delicious granola, but you have enough ingredients left over to make another batch later on!
Another recipe I want to share is one I found on a cooking blog!! Love those! I have a button on the side of my blog that will take you to the site. I made this red and white baked pasta the other night when I was having some of the guys Tyler sells with over for dinner.
Delish!!
And soo easy. Pasta is my favorite because I can actually make it and it's scrumptious.
The last thing i'd like to share is my latest craft =)
Okay so there is this lady in my ward out here who makes washer necklaces!!
I made the black and white one.
So me and the girls out here asked if she'd show us how! Basically you cut out your choice of scrapbook paper, glue it to the washers and string your ribbon through! Okay so really it's not that easy. But I wish it was! She had scrapbook cutters that cut the paper the exact size of the washers. And special spray adhesive for the paper. And not to mention a glue called 'triple thick' that you basically paint into the washer once the paper has been glued. It gives it a glossy look once it's dried..and don't get me started on how long it took me so figure out the ribbon...haha. It's still not perfect and the right amount of tightness like it's supposed to be.. But they're so fun! Maybe someday i'll acquire the tools to make more..
P.S. have you heard this song yet?? Because it's pretty freakin' amazing...and no that is not johnny depp singing.
Oh my gosh I LOVE REAL MOM KITCHEN!! That's basically where I get all my recipes! :) So easy and soooo yummy!!!
ReplyDeleteThat granola looks so yummy. And cute necklace. And what the bike bar? ;)
ReplyDeleteokay I LOVE that song!!! and I'm so jealous that you have a pool!! I wish we did :(
ReplyDelete