Cock Of The Walk

So last night was Saturday. 
And if Tyler and all his sales buds our here in this office meet their weekly office goal...then when Saturday comes around..we get to go out to dinner on the company's dime! WOo! It's the best. Plus, on Saturdays they stop selling at about 5:30 which means they get home by about 6. Then we usually make the reservation for 7 at whatever restaurant has been chosen. We like to mix it up and choose restaurants that will give us that southern Tennessee experience =)
And this one was definitely an experience!!



 oh baby!
 You can tell Tyler has spent a lot of time under the sun!
We tried to fit all four of us...but it didn't really work out. Look at how cute Mark and Mickelle look haha. Pretty much just paint a heart around their heads. Awe. Perfect.
So this place was legit pioneer country style. They serve you complimentary cornbread brought out to you and set on the table in an iron skillet!
Then they give you pie tin lookin' things for plates! And short metal mugs to drink out of if you ordered soda or water! I wish now that I would've gotten a picture. Because it was super interesting! So i grabbed one of their website! haha
Their servings really aren't that big unless you order like family size platter or something. But that's what the plates and everything look like!
Their menu was one long sheet of laminated paper with mostly fried or broiled catfish, chicken or steak. Ty ordered some steak and I ordered breaded catfish! Figured i'd never tried it before, so why not! It was pretty good too!
It was a fun atmosphere complete with wooden walls and floors EVERYWHERE. I felt like I was in a barn. A nice barn. But a barn non the less. And they had metal lanterns hanging from the ceiling which didn't really give off much light. It also wasn't the most air conditioned either. Which made it really feel like we were in the pioneer days! Not such a good thing though! Haha. 
Anyways overall a fun place, but most likely not one i'd visit again! 
Kell and I left craving fresh salad and fruit haha. We felt so bleh! Too much fried food and oil!

Anyways onto other news..
I have been loving my new glitter toes! This pic does no justice for how perdy they are =)
Out here in Hendersonville Tennessee there are some fun crafty mormon moms! The 1st counselor in my relief society here showed me and the wifey's how to make those washer necklaces I talked about in my last post....and she also does glitter toes! I baby sat her three adorable kiddies last Thursday so she offered to do my toes for me. Love them! I've never had them before. I would love to buy the stuff to do them myself like she did...someday =)

Did any of you know, that out here in 'humidville' if you leave packages open, they actually get moist/soggy?? Not dry?? Kind of annoying actually haha. Soggy oreos..MMmm..NOT!

Okay so I have another video to share. This is hilarious. A must see. For everyone.

P.S. I watched a cute flick this last week! 'The Switch' with jason bateman and jennifer aniston! I'm itchin' to see it again!

Comments

  1. nice to see what you guys are up to... when do you get back? IF you get back? :) let's have you move right on into the huntington? yes? yes?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts