Ain't nothin' like the summer
I would like to write about what a fun time we had this last weekend.
Our friends out here Chris and Alex invited us to go dancing with them on Saturday night!
Except it's not the kind of dancing you'd think!
This was swing dancing in a park to music from the 40's and 50's! With a live band and everything!
It was beautiful. Fireflies dancing in the trees all around us,
families sitting around in chairs and on blankets,
couples of all ages dancing under a pavilion lit with colored lanterns and lights.
Tyler and I soon discovered that we definitely had some learning to do when it came to ballroom dancing.
Thankfully Alex was an experienced dancer and taught us a thing or two.
Here we are learning the basics before we entered the big leagues.
By big leagues i mean the pavilion with couples everywhere you look, showing off their skills.
Skills that we have not yet mastered!
Next time we'll go earlier when they have lessons.
It was still lots of fun though. They hold it every Saturday night with a different live band each weekend.
Lessons start at 7 and dancing goes on until 10.
This weekend we'll shoot for 7..we could learn a thing or two.
Thankfully the boys don't work a full day on Saturday. They usually get home at around 6 on Saturdays.
Which is heavenly.
Which is heavenly.
The dancing was in Centennial Park in Nashville and located in this park is The Parthenon. If you'd like to know more about what it is, click on the link. Because I don't feel like explaining it. Haha
That is a reception going on. Odd place for a reception if you ask me.
Pretty cool building! =) You have to pay to go in it. But I doubt it's anything worth seeing. I mean what could be cooler than what you already see on the outside?
Exactly.
Exactly.
On Monday me and some of the girls here had a fun girls day excursion. Mickelle's sister Abbie was here all week so we took her out to show her around.
We went to see the temple. Here is a pic of the temple with it's grounds actually groomed and completed.
Then we went to a gigantic mall called Green Hills Mall. Umm pretty much amazing. The place has a Tiffany's & Co. Yea we spent some time in there drooling over what we would one day probably never own. But a girl can dream...
We also checked out Justin Bieber's new perfume Someday.
Way cute bottle! Not such a great scent though. But then again it is targeted at teenie boppers.
Something super fruity that i'd smelled already at Bath and Body Works.
A mix of Black Amethyst and something else..I can't put my finger on it.
Way to go Justin Bieber for getting a perfume out there though.
He will make lots of mooola.
Then all of a sudden, while were looking at earrings, Alex announces that she has been thinking about getting her ears pierced for quite some time but hasn't mustered the strength to yet.
Umm what??
We had no idea she had never pierced her ears!
Needless to say we pretty much forced her straight to Claire's to do the deed.
That right there is nervous excitement. I would be nervous too. My mom made me wait till I was 12 to get mine pierced. But I don't remember much about what it felt like. I got both ears done at the same time and all I remember was it being quick and the pain was small enough to not be remembered.
Alex is the first in her generation to get them pierced. So proud of her!
There were little girls standing around watching with wide eyes haha.
There I am being a support haha.
Ouchiee!! It looked painful.
The piercing gun looked agonizingly slow. I remember it being a lot faster.
There we are. With Alex and her new ears.
She picked diamonds for her piercing studs. Back when I got mine pierced I had to choose a boring gold stud! No variety.
Okay that's all for now.
And for those who have been wondering or would like to know..Tyler and I are planning to be back in Utah by August 9th for some very fun events going on ;)
Two of my girlfriends are getting married(yay the only weddings we'll be able to attend all summer) and it's our anniversary August 12th! Plus a little vacation with friends before school starts..UGH don't remind me please.
Love this love this love this.
Look how easy i've made if for you to watch.
Perfect song for our summer :) But now I'm craving a camp fire and s'mores!
ReplyDeleteYay! So glad I got to be there. Have a fun rest of the summer!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are always doing something fun! I love it. And we miss you a lot. So I am glad you put the date you'll be back. Then you can show us your dance moves ;)
ReplyDelete