Happy 1st Birthday Halli Ann!
I am having mixed feelings about Halli's 1st birthday having come and gone!
I had been planning Halli's birthday party for months and thinking it would never actually get here.
I'm in shock a little.
The party went better than I could've hoped for especially because all day leading up to it Halli was a little stinker. It was like as soon as her little body turned one she became so needy and clingy! We couldn't put her down AT ALL. Tyler ended up taking her for a car ride just so she could finally take a good nap! Miraculously though as soon as the party started she was a doll! She was passed around from person to person with zero worries! What a little angel =) Such a change from her baby blessing almost a year ago.
I have never done so much baking at one time of my life! Never! I don't bake cakes hardly at all let alone small circle ones that need to be perfectly round and pretty! So I was nervous. Thankfully Tyler was a huge help and took over a lot!
I wish wish wish I had gotten a pic of Tyler doing the rosettes on the cake{but he was in his G's}. We watched this video from 52 Kitchen Adventures blog. It isn't too tricky and only took him about 30 mins. It was fun being able to tell everyone that Tyler decorated the cake. His mom thought we had ordered and bought the cake!
finished product:
We used the same technique for these babies. Turned out so good!
We were able to use the clubhouse at our apartment which is super nice and convenient.
This wasn't the final food set up but we had chicken salad sandwiches, fruit and dip, veggies and dip, potato chips, cupcakes, cookies, and mints.
cucumber water with chevron/polka dot straws =) It was good lookin, refreshing, delicious and cheap!
Mandy and Andrew, my tallest friends =)
Doug and Larissa + their little girl Alexa{who is just a few months older than Halli} + another little girlie on the way! They live two floors above us and are great neighbors and even better friends!
Tyler's brother + his wife Sarah who are expecting a baby after 7 years of trying!! And then Tyler's mama =)
.jpg)
My mom and Dad with one of my nieces.
my lil bro, grandpa and mother =)
stuffed camel from Tunisia // frame from Hobby Lobby
My grandparents with their great granddaughters =)
Halli got so spoiled!
Don't know what's going on with Halli in this pic haha but it cracks me up.
Halli and her oldest girl cousins =)
Halli and her Great-Grandpa
"DESTRUCTION!!"
Halli and Dax playing so nicely together.
this new toy from mommy and daddy was a hit =)
Halli looks so grown up to me in this pic. It's her face that is looking less and less like my little squishy baby faced girl!
Daddy can get her to smile without fail every time.
Amazing Photos by
Avi Stoddard. Taken @ The Riverwoods. Cake by Victoria Edwards.


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)



.jpg)

.jpg)


.jpg)
















.jpg)








You are the cutest mama!!!! I am super impressed with all the details of her party - ah! Looks like it turned out perfectly!! And some serious kudos go out to you guys for making that gorgeous cake! YUM!! #whenareyougoingtoopenacakebusiness ;)
ReplyDeleteLOVE your hair!!! Has it been that dark for a while now? Either way, it is so cute!!
I love that sweet last paragraph you wrote. DITTO to everything you said! Such a happy, sometimes hard, but rewarding calling to be a mama. Halli is a gorgeous bebe!! I can't believe it's already a YEAR later (huh?!?). Wow.
Such a cute family - I adore those last pictures!!!
ok. you went ALL OUT! that was the cutest little girl party i've ever seen! Only appropriate for that cute little bug of yours. Tylers cake was pro. I'm way impressed. Oh- and I cannot get over those pictures you got done as well. holy crap. Adorable family.
ReplyDeleteTo precious for words. Brightened my whole day!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom and Grandma
Oh.My. CUTENESS! The pictures you had taken, the party, Halli. WOW. ADORABLE! I love all the party details! I'm doing Parker's 3rd bday party this weekend (he turns 3 tomorrow! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!) and I'm SO nervous! I've been working on it forever and I'm nervous I'm forgetting something...I look at pictures from parties like yours and say WOW! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI love our little Goose =)
ReplyDeletecan Tyler make my wedding cake? that thing was beautiful! cutest pics ever of your little gal. love the succession of O-N-E one. such a cute idea!
ReplyDelete