12 months.
It would feel wrong to not write a post about Halli's 12th month of life. I've kept up with every other month! This is the big finish! I just went back and read Halli's birth story and it's crazy to remember that emotional time after Halli was born. I hope and pray that things will be different with my next baby. Please no post partum depression. I can't handle that + a new baby + a toddler. I wish I could go back and tell my hormonal self that everything will be okay and will get back to normal. Better than normal! I like to think that with my next baby, I will remember that things do get better and babies eventually sleep through the night haha. (P.S. all this second baby talk doesn't mean what you want it to mean haha. It's eventually going to happen but not yet.)
Halli's 12 month stats:
Length: 27 in. 4%
Weight: 16 lbs. 12 oz. 9%
Head: 46 cm 80%
Halli found love at church with Howie =)
Halli shocked me one morning by cleaning up my bathroom floor and putting everything in a bowl! That was a first and now she loves grouping things together =) It is so cute.
Halli has a lot of boyfriends. This is Dax and he taught her to climb strairs! He would climb first, then wait at the top and reach his cute little hand out to her! It was adorable and I wish I would've gotten a pic!



There is now a splashpad at the park down the street from
us. So we took Halli to see how she'd like it. She liked it.
Just not with all the people and bigger kids running around.
Or maybe that's just mommy. Either way =)


First watermelon.
This is how she likes to ride in carts now. It's so cute and everyone smiles at her as we pass by.
Halli's head isn't HUGE but it is in comparison to her little frame. And every now and then she rests her head on the nearest object/floor to give herself a break from holding it up haha. Cracks us up.
Halli's 12 month stats:
Length: 27 in. 4%
Weight: 16 lbs. 12 oz. 9%
Head: 46 cm 80%
Halli with her pediatrician AND my OB/GYN who delivered her =)
In case you didn't know,
Halli has a heart shaped birth mark.
It might fade over time though.
But it's been there since birth!
Halli found love at church with Howie =)
Halli's rare moments of sitting still in church.
Halli shocked me one morning by cleaning up my bathroom floor and putting everything in a bowl! That was a first and now she loves grouping things together =) It is so cute.
Halli has a lot of boyfriends. This is Dax and he taught her to climb strairs! He would climb first, then wait at the top and reach his cute little hand out to her! It was adorable and I wish I would've gotten a pic!

Halli's first time swimming =)

us. So we took Halli to see how she'd like it. She liked it.
Just not with all the people and bigger kids running around.
Or maybe that's just mommy. Either way =)
I absolutely love after swim cuddle time =)


First watermelon.
Halli's first time visiting Tyler's Dad's grave.
This is how she likes to ride in carts now. It's so cute and everyone smiles at her as we pass by.
Halli's head isn't HUGE but it is in comparison to her little frame. And every now and then she rests her head on the nearest object/floor to give herself a break from holding it up haha. Cracks us up.
She loves doggies...
and peanut butter! She is definitely our daughter.
Likes putting spoons/objects in her mouth and keeping them there while she plays.
Visiting my grandparents on Memorial Day.
blow out time! Thanks to my dear sister for capturing such moments.
happy father's day!
I half bought/half made Tyler a candy bar bouquet with some of his fave candy bars + a L.o.L card =) Then I bought one of those magic print Hallmark cards. Halli hated the forcefullness I needed to push on her hand in order to make it work though.
Tyler does so much for us. I am so thankful for him!
a message from Halli:
zsax2
My dad with his two youngest grand children =)
Daddy and Halli My Grandpa and Halli
Love my little family.
Then while Grandpa was holding his two youngest great grandbabies this happened.
Halli was attacked!
OH it was so funny.
Don't worry. This looks painful and traumatizing but Halli was fine. She just rubbed her eyes for a good minute and was right back to smiling.
Halli Ann tid bits:
-she loves showering with us which is a big time saver. Although she is quite the water hog. Thankfully she plays nicely when we sit her down on the tub floor with all her toys. The best thing about this is she goes down for a nap every time after a shower without fail!
-her knees are permanently black because she crawls everywhere. She loves crawling and won't even let us walk with her while holding her hands. The most steps she has taken while we hold her hands is probably like 5 if that. I really shouldn't complain because once she starts walking it's going to get crazy but...i'm kind of sick of not being able to play outside(other than on grass) because I don't want her crawling all over the cement and scraping up her knees! Also this is totally vain but I have some really cute summer jumper dresses that would be so cute on her if she could walk!! Crawling in dresses/jumpers frustrates her.
-hates anything forceful like wiping her nose, wiping her hands, face, diaper changes etc.
-has almost 5 teeth now! Her fifth tooth made it's appearance the other day. Which explains why she has been so needy lately and drooley.
-loves Gerber Graduates turkey sticks =) And so do I! Loved 'em as a baby and still do!
-pretty much loves anything mommy or daddy are eating.
-there are fewer things that make me more frustrated than a tired whiney baby who refuses to go down for a nap.
I feel like this is Halli's first summer. Technically it isn't buuut last summer she could barely keep her own head up. This summer so far has been so much fun!




























I love this post Annie! Darling and hilarious pictures! Halli is definitely starting to look more and more like you! :) I can't wait to see the cute summer jumper dresses on Halli! (ps. Amelia started bear crawling a lot before she started walking, I think wearing dresses/skirts helped that a lot! who knows though, right?) I'm glad this summer is going great for you guys, hopefully we can get our girls together again soon!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I really think we think the same sometimes! I love this post!!! I was fooled for a sec into wondering if you were announcing the 2nd bebe! ;) I AM SO WITH YOU on hoping that the postpartum is WAY better next time (whenever THAT is... not quite ready for the sleepless nights & tolls of pregnancy/postpartum yet ;)) It's so funny how it really does play with your emotions and you think that you're never going to sleep again... or that you'll be cleaning up spit ups & blowouts for the rest of your life.. yeah, hopefully all those dramatic thoughts will not appear next time around!
ReplyDeleteThat is the cutest birthmark!!!
I love all of her boyfriends, haha. So cute how the one would reach for her hand to help her up the stairs!
I agree - totally love the after-swim cuddle time!
PEANUT BUTTER! We're in love with that stuff over here, too.
"there are fewer things that make me more frustrated than a tired whiney baby who refuses to go down for a nap." -- completely agree!!! It's exhausting..!
Love your cute family!!! I wish we lived by each other & could hang out all the time! :)
So darling! Love that little girl! What neat parents!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom