Thanksgiving weekend
Well, it's official! We have some news.....we're expecting!!! 4 weeks and counting now. I can hardly believe it..we debated posting it publicly this soon...but I can't help it! I never thought we would be expecting again so soon! But we are! We are expecting Santa in just 4 weeks!
Hahahahehehehe I just realized that a year ago today...November 27th, 2011 I wrote a "Thankful" blog post and in that post I announced that I was pregnant =) I am a cheeseball and love to remember dates and anniversaries of things =) I have seen that little joke up above going around and couldn't resist.
Our Thanksgiving was wonderful. We spent it with my family this year at my grandparents house. It was just my immediate family and my grandparents which was really fun. I loved it.
I feel like the only one who hasn't gotten their Christmas decor up yet. Just call me Scrooge =( I think it's because we don't know where to put our Christmas tree this year since we're still trying to work out our tv situation((the new tv we got won't recognize that our cable is connected to it, so long story short they're sending us a new one but until then we want to be able to watch tv in our living room so we're keeping our old one around 'till we get the replacement...which means we have two tv's taking up lots of space))...and last time I got my decorations out while putting away Halloween a few bins fell over and then everything came toppling down. There isn't much storage space in these apartments so creativeness is key. We use our second shower for storage. And the curtain hides it all =) But it's not the most organized. Hopefully I will get Christmas up soon! Christmas by far takes the most time to decorate for and put away. And takes up lots of valuable space. I told Tyler that when we get a house, we need a lot of storage space! Because I love decorations and need a place to store them!
p.s. How do you like this new blog layout? I needed a change...and decided to just try it out for a while. I want your input though if you have any you'd like to share. Up at the top left you can change how you view it..but I think this style is the easiest to read and navigate.
p.s.s. Three weeks from today..we will be in Mexico! On our cruise!! I am getting more and more excited along with getting more and more nervous to leave Halli for a week! But she will be in good hands with her grandmas =) Still going to miss her though!
Hahahahehehehe I just realized that a year ago today...November 27th, 2011 I wrote a "Thankful" blog post and in that post I announced that I was pregnant =) I am a cheeseball and love to remember dates and anniversaries of things =) I have seen that little joke up above going around and couldn't resist.
Our Thanksgiving was wonderful. We spent it with my family this year at my grandparents house. It was just my immediate family and my grandparents which was really fun. I loved it.
Halli's first Thanksgiving =) Next year she'll be able to enjoy the turkey.
At the dinner table we all went around saying what we were thankful for. Tyler said that he's thankful for his job, for me and for Halli =) I am thankful for Tyler and his willingness to work so hard for us which allows me to be able to stay home with Halli =) And of course i'm so thankful for our little goose! (halli's nickname)
my immediate family plus my gma&gpa H minus my lil' bro.
Andersen Fam =)
With two little nieces we always have to do a silly one =)
Halli and her cousins who just adore her.
They can always make her laugh and smile.
love those pumpkin socks! Halli's whole outfit it was pretty much all found by my sweet sister who is always looking out for good deals!
Love the after Thanksgiving dinner nap.
This year I had little desire to go late night black friday shopping. When you have a baby, sleep is precious. Your sleep and her sleep.
We did however go shopping the next day around dinner time.
I love shopping(understatement) and am a recovered shopoholic. So it would make sense that one of my favorite things to do is go to the mall with Tyler =) Especially when he is in a shopping mood. I love finding clothes for him and hearing those sweet words that are music to my ears:
"babe I want you to get something too" =)
Thankfully the mall wasn't super busy but I knew the stores would be too crowded to maneuver a stroller through. Hence the baby bjorn Halli is snuggled into below.
At University Mall {where the Nordstroms used to be} there is the cutest "christmas festival" with a bunch of little set up boutique shops. We found this owl beanie which was so cute! But it was a little big for her. I had to pull it up a little or it was covering her eyes.
But we did get a cute dress and shoes for for Halli, some shirts for Tyler and a shirt and cute tights for me =) Oh and let's not forget Tyler got Halo 4 which is his early Christmas present.
We enjoyed one of these baby's at the new Cinnabon at University Mall....730 calories of pure creamy sweet sugary heavenly bliss!
On Saturday my family, and the rest of the population, decided to check out downtown since they had just put up the Christmas lights.
Before we got her dressed we were trying on her Christmas hat =)
This was Halli's outfit for the night out. I'm glad I snapped a pic before we left because the whole time she was bundled up in her carseat in the stroller. Her onesie says "Daddy's lil' Deer"
Loved City Creek!
Got some Rocky Mountain hot cocoa =)
Nordstrom's mannequins were freaking me out.
Onto other news...there has been construction going on in our apartment complex for what seems like forever(2 1/2 months). It's finally coming to a close because the last thing they need to do is coat the walkways with waterproof paint stuff. Unfortunately that meant we couldn't walk on it while until it was dry. Ended up taking two days. Well Tyler had to leave for school and work during this time..so since we live on the first floor, Tyler used the window! =) Thankfully he only had to do this two times..leaving and coming home because our apartment complex got creative and set up this..
The sign says "argh matey, walk the plank or suffer the consequences." haha! Awesome.
I feel like the only one who hasn't gotten their Christmas decor up yet. Just call me Scrooge =( I think it's because we don't know where to put our Christmas tree this year since we're still trying to work out our tv situation((the new tv we got won't recognize that our cable is connected to it, so long story short they're sending us a new one but until then we want to be able to watch tv in our living room so we're keeping our old one around 'till we get the replacement...which means we have two tv's taking up lots of space))...and last time I got my decorations out while putting away Halloween a few bins fell over and then everything came toppling down. There isn't much storage space in these apartments so creativeness is key. We use our second shower for storage. And the curtain hides it all =) But it's not the most organized. Hopefully I will get Christmas up soon! Christmas by far takes the most time to decorate for and put away. And takes up lots of valuable space. I told Tyler that when we get a house, we need a lot of storage space! Because I love decorations and need a place to store them!
p.s. How do you like this new blog layout? I needed a change...and decided to just try it out for a while. I want your input though if you have any you'd like to share. Up at the top left you can change how you view it..but I think this style is the easiest to read and navigate.
p.s.s. Three weeks from today..we will be in Mexico! On our cruise!! I am getting more and more excited along with getting more and more nervous to leave Halli for a week! But she will be in good hands with her grandmas =) Still going to miss her though!














.jpeg)




This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI've seen that dang "we're expecting" prank so many times now and I fell for it!! I was in shock and then realized how gullible I was being pretty fast haha. I'm really liking your new layout, though. It's fun for a change. Hope you're bringing that adorable Halli tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteYou had me going for about 2 seconds, then I thought they would have told me before. Cute trick and darling pictures of course. Halli is so beautiful like her sweet Mommy.
ReplyDeleteLove you, Mom and Grandma
Okay, you are SO CUTE! First off, thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog! I LOVE YOUR BLOG TOO! :)
ReplyDeleteSecondly -- TOTALLY FOOLED ME!!!!! I gasped and my heart just went out to you -- in whatever way you wanted it to go out to you ;) I have had recent fears of being pregnant again already & am like, "Nooo! NOT YET!" haha. But to each their own ;) Whew! Anyway. Good trick.
Halli's little Thanksgiving bib is A-DORABLE! And that owl beanie + Christmas hat! Her expression in that top Christmas hat one just about MELTS ME! I love her big eyes!!!!
Those cinnamon rolls look delicious.
You and Tyler are the CUTEST COUPLE!
And CRUISE in a few weeks!?!?!?! EEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! SO EXCITING!!!!!! :) :) :)