5 months.


Halli is 5 months and doesn't seem a day over 2 months to me!!
Okay that's not completely true..she is showing us every day just how much she is learning and growing. But I still can't believe how much she is growing up! I weighed her and she is 12 lbs almost exactly. Still slightly on the verge of 11 lbs 15 oz.


5 month photoshoot



She is getting close to being able to sit up unsupported. Maybe within the next couple months.



I am now weaning off the breast pumpI'm done feeling guilty about it and sad that breast feeding just didn't work out. You just gotta role with the punches. I did the best I could and that is what matters =) Just move on with life and most importantly be happy. I have to do what will make me a happy mother and wife. Pumping was stressing me out and it took me a while to finally make the decision to stop. Honestly, for some reason the thought of weaning made me feel sad. Why? I don't know...almost like, It would make it all the more real that Halli was growing up. And I felt like it would make me less of a mom. PISH POSH! Nonsense, i know but it's how I felt. I just never thought{before Halli was born} that I would be one of those mom's that added to that declining percentage in the U.S. of mom's still breastfeeding at 6 months.
But I want to enjoy Halli and my days taking care of her and this is how I can best do it. Hopefully I don't get a clogged duct throughout this weaning process. I've been lucky to have never gotten one. Knock on wood! 
UPDATE: When I started writing this post I was on day 2 I think of official weaning. But i've been unofficially subconsciously weaning for a little while now cause I just have been getting sicker and sicker of pumping. Well it's day 7 of weaning and I feel almost back to normal. It's 8 pm, I haven't pumped all day and I am not in pain!Yay! 

The solids are going great! But here are some interesting findings...the later I feed Halli her solids most the time the worse she sleeps! When I was feeding her solids right before bed after her 4 month appt she was sleeping horribly! And I blamed it on the shots she got. But then a friend gave me the tip to feed her before 5 and it's been pretty consistent! If I feed her in the earlier part of the day she sleeps better than if I feed her in the later part. Go figure! The decision for now is i've decided to buy her baby food instead of make it. I mostly feed her rice/oatmeal cereal at this age anyways. Then the other week at Walmart, we saw a baby food stage 1 jar of peas and decided to see how she did with them. She ate them better than she's ever eaten her rice cereal! She even opened her mouth in anticipation for them! Here is a video of how well she eats now!


Now that she is on solids and formula, her diapers have become significantlyworse! Almost unbearable. I'm the one who has to change most of them since i'm with her during the day. So sometimes on a really bad diaper, i'll record how nasty it is and send pics/videos to Tyler ;) I've read that babies are supposed to slow down on the bowel movements...nope not Halli! She usually has at least one sometimes two diaper fillers a day! I guess it's a good thing..but i think i'm ready for some inconsistency.

Here are some super cute pics from throughout the month.





Her first Sunday outfit of the month of October =)


 Halli look at the camera not Daddy!
 She likes to chill with her legs up
Trying to feed herself
She has a new thing she does: sucking on her bottom lip. So cute!


Playing with Mr. Teddy
 Her first swing ride. If there was a baby one I would've put her in it but there wasn't. She looks pretty indifferent to what's going on but she was making cute happy noises.
 her first teething toy. I don't think she's teething yet but she sure likes to suck on everything she can grab. Including my fingers which is cute but I don't like it unlessi've just barely washed my hands. Side note: yes she's wearing a Halloween onesie. But orange and pumpkins can still be worn for Thanksgiving right??
Her first encounter with grass. So cute =) Get ready for the cutest video I got of Halli laughing with my girlfriend Cami =) It was totally unexpected and we both were shocked! I immediately whipped out my phone and caught as much as I could!
Here she is rolling over.
Halli Ann tidbits: --she wakes up in the morning cooing and blabbering and my favorite, SMILING AT HER MOMMY =) --she won't go to bed for the night before 10-11 pm. If I try to put her down for good before then, she'll think it's a nap and wake up to eat and play after an hour or two. But that's okay cause Tyler and I are night owls and once she goes to sleep around midnight she'll sleep 6-7 straight hours{usually}. YAY! But she's still in her swing...maybe we'll try the crib again tonight. It just depends on if we want to get any sleep or not. --loves it when we play with her ear. I found this out when I was trying to get some built up earwax out. I was using my pinky to get it out and noticed her head drooping in a daze. Then as soon as I took my pinky out she was back to normal. Then i'd try cleaning out her ear again she'd space out. So funny. --LOOVES being naked. And getting her diaper changed. I used to hate having to dress her cause I felt like I was torturing her. Now she loves it! And lately it's the only time she'll laugh for us!  --she has become such a good jumper in her "jenny jump up" we love putting her in it and hearing her squeal =) BUT she has to see us or she starts to whine. Then when we come into the room and give her some attention she is all smiles! Once again, a door frame in the kitchen would be so fabulous.  --She rolled over for the first time Oct. 14th. Tyler missed it and didn't believe me when I said she did it all on her own. Cause sometimes I help her.. --Super close to rolling from her back to her stomach but not quite there yet. --Has found her voice. She can yell quite loud(i'm sure we haven't seen anything yet) now and it's not cause she's upset, she just likes hearing her little voice =) She does it usually in her jumper =) --Knows her bottle and gets so excited when she sees it. She'll kicks her legs and open her mouth big making impatient noises until we put the bottle in her mouth. Sometimes Tyler will tease her and bring the bottle close to her mouth and then take it away. She gets pretty mad when he does that haha.  Halli has a new little cousin. Unexpectedly born 8 weeks(2 months) early but doing pretty good! Was supposed to be a Christmas baby but instead became a Thanksgiving baby! Yep, my sister had her baby and things are going well considering the circumstances! 4 lbs 14 oz! Small but for a 32 week birth it's great.




We recently got a new TV at a price that we would only find again after waiting in line for hours on black friday(which was what we were planning to do but now we'll just search for a stand). So we got it =) Here is a pic I took while doing a post pregnancy work out(I took this pic to send to Tyler. Everyone knows if you work out and not tell anybody it didn't really happen right??)

We love it ESPECIALLY because it has HDMI hookups for laptops/computers. So we watch all our shows on it =) HEAVEN! One thing Tyler and I love doing together is watching shows. Our top shows are(don't judge):  Merlin The Walking Dead Revenge Once Upon A Time(Okay this one is just me.) Dr. Oz(this one too) The Ellen Show and these ones we love watching re-runs of: Seinfeld Friends King Of Queens Fresh Prince Of Bel Aire The Walking Dead is hands down the goriest show I have ever seen on TV. Which is why I watch through my fingers and close my eyes at the bad parts. Bleh! But the story...it's so catching! You just can't stop watching! Even if the show gives you nightmares and makes you at times feel really depressed. Haha. Seriously, I have had Two memorable dreams about zombies since watching The Walking Dead. Last night I had to wake Tyler up and snuggle...I hate zombies!

P.S. We saw Snow white and The Huntsman last weekend from Redbox. So good! We loved it!!

Comments

  1. "Everyone knows if you work out and not tell anybody it didn't really happen right" that part is awesome. love this whole post! Halli is growing up so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Just love her so much! love -Mom and Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know X has 1-3 (usually he'll have more than one only when he's teething) bowl movements a day. And holy crap they're nasty especially with him eating table foods now. Haha but if you ever decide to make Halli's baby food let me know, I have a fabulous website I used when I made all of X's baby food. I usually made really big batches and froze most of it - unless it was like bananas or avocados because those were easy to just mash up when it was time to eat. The best part about freezing it - which I did in icecube trays - was just putting a few in a small tupperware the night before and tossing it in the fridge. by the time it was meal time it wasn't frozen any more! It really wasn't super time consuming, and I definitely felt like we saved a ton of money. Let me know if you ever want to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh my goodness, she is just the cutest little thing!!! I love her big beautiful eyes! And that comment about maybe trying the crib [depending on if you want to get any sleep] made me laugh. SAME BOAT!!!! :) Can't believe she's already 5 months old!!! I feel like time after-the-baby's-born has just FLOWN by, as opposed to all those months leading up to it! Crazy. Is that Charlotte's baby??? And don't you love working out at home?! Ah! It's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just way way way adorable! What a cutie! So fun with milestones including solid food. yay! You look amazing fyi. Also about the breastfeeding. I had to stop breastfeeding Parker at 8 months and felt the same way. Almost like I was the worst Mom on the planet. And then I did it and everything was great! haha. I worried waaaayyy too much like we all do. But making it 5 months is AWESOME! Way to go! You're a wonderful mama!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts