Thankful

Who doesn't love the holidays?? From the beginning of October on it is just pure blissss =) I LOVE family and friends and how much closer the Holidays bring everyone. 
This year was my first Thanksgiving with Tyler's family. 
It was beautiful!!

I also love Thanksgiving because I LOVE TO SHOP!
It's so fun to plan what you want to buy..where you're going to go..who's going to wait for what..love it!
This year it nearly broke my heart to not go out shopping with Tyler and our friends at midnight =(
But I say nearly broke my heart because I had a good reason to stay in...
I've been sick for the past two months because my body has been hard at work...
GROWING A BABY!!!!
Yes i'm pregnant!! 
And sooo soo thankful and happy and sick all at once!
I've been waiting for what seems like FOREVER to announce this and I can't wait any longer!
What's better than announcing a pregnancy around Thanksgiving right?
I'm 11 weeks and a half weeks.
Tyler and I wanted to wait until 12 weeks to announce it publicly on blog/Facebook but...I just can't wait any longer!
I have been writing a full fledged post about this since we found out back in October. So here it is:

.....................................

Well right now it is currently October 15th 2011 and the days have been creeping by ever since October 13th. The day my best friend Cami convinced me it was time to take the test. Which test do you ask? THE test. Tyler wanted to wait it out but Cami convinced me why wait another week when you could know for sure and be doing the things necessary for a healthy babyWhat?? Baby? Could I really be pregnant? It was possible...It was that time for my expected time of the month and was experiencing some pregnancy symptoms that also could've(but not likely) been linked to PMS. Fatigue, hormonal mood swings, filling out my shirts a little better ;) To be completely honest, that last one was the major sign that I was with child. I Have never felt extra busty during PMS so feeling bigger AND tender were huge signs. Alright Alright I thought. I'll just go get the cheapest test I can find.
I was a bit nervous to take the tests because every test i'd ever taken before was negative(obviously). Tyler sure expected this one to be negative just because i've psyched myself into being pregnant numerous times before with late PMS symptons disguised as pregnancy ones haha. Then all this freaking out would be for nothing and Tyler would say "I told you so." Plus, I knew i'd be disappointed. I always was for some reason when it was negative. It was like, I was okay either way. Whenever the time came, planned or not planned{not planned in this case}, we were happy to accept it =)

So when i got home, I took the test by myself in the bathroom while Tyler was oblivious in the computer room.
I couldn't tell if that was a cross!! It said in the instructions that if there was just a solid vertical line it's a dud. But I did see a very slight pink horizontal line in the background...and I know from my experience of taking negative pregnancy tests that if there is even a hint of a second line it means your prego. I was freaking out a little bit{understatement}. Good thing I had the dollar store one.
WHAT??
Okay that's totally positive..and
totally totally unexpected!!!!

It was at this point that I ran to grab Tyler. I was shaking, smiling ear to ear and as nervous as ever!!
I ran to the doorway of the computer room, smiling ridiculously and said 
Me: Babe....
Tyler: What babe?{looks at me}...Wait...did you..DID YOU? ARE YOU?
and I took him by the hand and practically ran to the bathroom. 
When he saw the tests he said the classic: What do the double pink lines mean???
ARE YOU PREGNANT??
WE'RE PREGNANT!!

It was a surreal moment

We just stood there hugging each other saying over and over:
"We're pregnant? We're pregnant. Wait really you're really pregnant?" We really didn't expect it to happen so soon. But we felt immediately that it was right and the timing was perfect. Tyler's fabulous job which he loves and having a two bedroom apartment helps A LOT.

The next few hours and days were spent completely dedicated to online searches for the type of food I should be eating, when the baby's due date was, how far along I was etc.
I was a day shy of 5 weeks when we found out on that Thursday evening. Wow 5 weeks i'm barely pregnant I was thinking. There is so much time for there to be problems, miscarriage, etc.
It said my due date was June 16th. But my official due date from my doc is June 15th.
Who cares about due dates anyways though right? Basically the baby is coming in June! =)

I chose a woman doctor named Dr. Heather Harrison. She is a family physician who was recommended to me and will be my baby's pediatrician after birth too. I will meet her for the first time tomorrow and I am beyond excited.

It was soo surreal to think that I was pregnant. Because other than being pretty tired, peeing frequently, and being very busty, I felt perfectly okay.
Just to give you an idea of just how busty...I went up TWO cup sizes in a little over a week!!

The next two weeks were like that except my appetite was way weird. I never felt like eating. Just this blahhh feeling. And I was soo tired. Plus, with all the water I had to drink + a growing uterus pushing on my bladder, I was always peeing!!

At about 7.5 weeks it hit me. Just like everyone had been telling me. Pukey puke puke face. I won't go into details but pretty much...I am praying that things turn around for me as soon as I get out of the first trimester!

A few things that have been my best friends these last few weeks:
-Gingerale
-Preggie Pops(you can find them at Babies R Us. Soo helpful)
-Saltines/ritz crackers and dry toast(it's a love-hate relationship)
-Vitamin B6 and Unisome(helps with nausea and helps me sleep at night)
-Quesadillas w/ sour cream(all I feel like eating on those rare occasions where I actually feel like eating)
-Cheerios cereal with honey on top =)
-Popsicles
And i've found that not drinking a ton while eating helps with nausea. Weird I know but I was told that it helps and as annoying as it is to not drink while you eat, it does.

They say eating small meals every two hours helps, but man. It's hard to even find something you feel like eating let alone every two hours!

My first prego pic. I feel mostly bloated but it's a pic to document the start of my belly growth.

I don't know if i've grown since then, but i'll probably take a 12 week one if I can remember.
I feel like as soon as I got pregnant, my brain went on vacation. Seriously I have a pregnancy brain moment almost every day. I had to make three trips to the post office to mail something because i forgot something each time. Can you believe it?? If I don't write things down I have no chance at remembering. I feel like i've literally lost my mind.

Another funny thing, when i'm on Pinterest sometimes(most times now days) some of the food pins make me feel sick haha. Totally dumb but it's crazy how sensitive you become to literally everything when you're prego.

Here's a video of the Baby's heartbeat! Measuring perfectly to size =)
180 beats per minutes. So fast.


This was at nine weeks and I have my 11-12 week appt. tomorrow so i'm real excited to see what's changed.



so tiny but you can still generally make out what things are =)

So basically..pregnancy has been pretty tough stuff. I mean, I don't know what I expected because i'd seen my sister and friends be struck down with the pains and sickness of early pregnancy. 
But man..I was lying on the bathroom floor the other night with a blanket and preggie pop feeling sorry for myself when I had a thought come to me. 
K don't judge me but haha..
I thought ya know, Bella went through Hell for her baby and was willing to possibly die.
 I can do this! It's not like my baby is killing me, breaking my bones or whatever else.
I know that's extreme and super nerdy. 
But it helped me remember, that it's all soo worth it! 

Can't wait to get some new pics up here!

And yes we already have names picked out for a boy or girl. I'll announce what they are when we learn what the Baby is! =)


We decided it would be fun to take a clever picture to officially announce our pregnancy on Facebook =)








Comments

  1. Do you think Grandpa Tim is up there playing with baby and telling him/her all about Tyler? So happy for you. You will make a great little mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations, girl!!! I hope you start feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, LOVE reading this post! You don't understand how excited I am that you are having a baby! I could talk all day about pregnancy and babies, let me know if you need ANYTHING! And that couch is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!!!! CONGRATS!!! Hope the morning sickness lets up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts