C'est la vie

Such is life.
I knew that I was destined to get sick sometime during this lovely winter season. Being pregnant and all, your immune system is shot. For good reason too. But getting sick on a day that i've been looking forward to and planning for weeks??
Umm totally uncalled for body!!
 C'est la vie though right?
 I felt it come on Monday evening as I was shopping for Vday dinner and I should've just accepted the inevitable fact that I was going to be sick. But I was going to surprise Tyler and make Cafe Rio burrito dinner the next day I couldn't get sick! Complete with his favorite homemade tortillas, pico de gallo, black beans, sweet pork, guacamole and green enchilada sauce all made by moi. Also have the table complete with candles, fake flower petals(we've had since our wedding), the works when he got home from school. Sounds like a lot of work yes but I was willing to do it for my sweet hubs on Vday. 
WELL.
It's the thought that counts right? Cause you can bet your bottom dollar that I was not feelin' up to all that cooking and prep the next day. Not getting a lick of sleep when I went to bed that night didn't help either. I went to sleep with a swollen sore throat and fuzzy head but still with a positive mind set. I slept for maybe two hours and woke up in the middle of the night MISERABLE. 
Then I couldn't get back to sleep thinking about how this was going to effect our Vday yada yada yada. =(
Tyler was SO sweet about it though when I told him in the morning. He was more than happy with ordering Cafe Rio instead of me making it and loved that I had wanted to surprise him. But preferred me not being super stressed out and sick over making it all haha.
 I am guilty. Cooking stresses me out pretty easily! 
So he helped me return all the food/ingredients I had bought for it. It actually was kind of expensive! Maybe it was just the recipe I had found online{it was the only one I could fine that called for Dr. Pepper which is a must}. It called for a 5-6 lb pork roast. Uhh mucho dinero! I didn't realize that for two people, that is probably too much. It's worth the money to make it for your whole family sure, but two peeps? Not worth it. In my opinion.
So we saved money and time and just ordered good ole' Cafe Rio to go.
I don't think Tyler and I will ever be able to live away from a Cafe Rio for too long.


Notice the TheraFlu. Got me through the day =)
Tyler surprised me with the sweet rose when I picked him up from school =)
Then when he got in the car, he had me look in his backpack for "something" that he might've forgotten in class and that's how he surprised me with the Peanut Butter Sweets recipe book. We are peanut butter crazies and are going to make a recipe a week from the book =) They are way simple recipes that look delish! He also wrote in the front page of the book. Love it!

Tyler got some new Nike basketball shoes that counted as part of his Vday =) I also printed out the lyrics to the "Wedding Singer" song and framed it.{stole the idea from a friend. Thanks Larissa! =}
In high school, Tyler would burn me CD's to listen to and that song was one of them. We've always loved that song and movie. If you are in the dark about what song i'm talking about, that is simply unacceptable and you must click here NOW. And then watch the movie =)

Okay I also bought him a cheapo waterproof watch to hang in the shower.
He always takes too long of showers in the morn and wishes he had a clock in there to help him remember that he has somewhere to be haha.

We then went to see The Vow which WE loved. Yes WE. I am so thankful that Tyler can enjoy a good chick flick. But ya know, it really wasn't as hardcore a chick flick as you would think. It was so cute and a perfect flick for Vday. Plus, it's based off a true story! So cool.
It was a sold out show! Which meant we had to sit on the second row on the very end since we got there as the previews started..yayy....our necks we're a little sore haha.


Onto other news,
Tyler and I have decided it might be time to upgrade our lives and finally get a new mattress.
We have been sleeping on a hand me down full mattress that has been in my family for yearsss-
which we have been very thankful for don't get me wrong! 
But it is getting a little cramped. We love to snuggle, but we also love to sleep. 
Haha.
So. Any advice on buying a new mattress?? Anyone getting rid of theirs?


Here are some pics of recent happenings =)

 Tyler had a bachelor party to attend the other night for an old high school friend in Murray, so I had a little girlie time with Sam{besties since the 3rd grade babeh!}.
To.die.for.
We ate almost both those bowls and I am proud to say that I kept it down! Despite feeling sick the whole car ride home to Provo. Oops! Seriously though my body lets me eat soo much now days! Especially in the sugar/sweets department. I had two and a half krispy kremes the other day at our nephews 1st bday party...and I could've eaten more! 
I am ashamed!

I am lovin' how prego this photo makes me look! Woohoo! 
Here is another photo taken of me a few days before this one.
But it was still over a week ago. I know I need a more recent one.
I had FINALLY tried styling my hair like this inspirational photo and tutorial I saw on Pinterest that helped me decide to cut it back in September.


It took me a good little while to do and I think I definitely could improve on the technique. But it lasted for days and I really liked it. 
Now i'm at that awkward short hair stage..to cut or not to cut? I definitely like it short. For now =)
But when do you finally decide you need a trim?


me&my mama
I luff her.

Tyler and I just finished watching an episode of The River on Hulu.
We recommend it.
It is enjoyable and well done. It's fun to have something to watch together =)

Well, aside from the current bug I am getting over, I am feeling pretty good. Can't complain =)
Halli Ann is becoming quite the acrobat and it's fun to watch my belly move.
Tyler loves to feel her too. Sometimes he'll lay his head on my belly and let her "kick him in the face."
Haha. 
I can also feel where she is sometimes when pushing in places on my tummy. On rare occasions I have felt a little protrusion up by my belly button =)
I have my 24 week appointment next week and i'll be tested for gestational diabetes.
Not looking forward to this dreaded glucose drink I have heard so much about!
I'll post a more recent pic of my belly soon. It really is taking it's time in the size department.

P.S. Guess who has two best friend weddings to attend in June{and is the maid of honor in one of them}?? 
ME!! 
I'll either be a beached whale or a new mommy! =)
Hopefully not in labor...I want to attend both weddings. Fingers crossed!

P.S.S.

Haha love it! Although I feel like this could also be days of the week instead of just one day in Utah. Either one is true!

Comments

  1. We need to have a cafe rio double date. We'll cook! Miss you! You look darling =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we sure do! Are you sure you want to take on the daunting task of cooking Cafe Rio? Haha that'd be super fun! We could bring the gallo! Oh such good memories from Tennessee..lets definitely play soon! We're free most weekends! Like next weekend!

      Delete
  2. Check out furniture warehouse for a mattress! They are going out of business. Me and brad got us a super nice comfy pillow-top queen mattress for like $500! And that was a few months ago, so I bet prices have even dropped more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo really? Where is this furniture warehouse you speak of? So excited for you to tie the knot! =)

      Delete
  3. I want Cafe Rio so bad! LOVE your bump it's adorable, I know how you feel, IT's FUN to actually look pregnant! I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so so cute! Try the rc willey outlet in provo on freedom.. they have awesome deals on really nice mattresses. That's where we got ours and we LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Belly is SO cute Annie!!! Getting cuter every week. You're so thoughtful to want to make dinner for vday. Deffinately the thought that counts! So sorry you got sick. Being prego and sick is SO not fun! Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie you are SO cute! I need to give you the recipe! A 2 lb pork will last you several meals. Or, you should just come over and have some of ours, because we always have some lately ;) I love your belly pics! Tyler, you are an awesome husband. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts