Gestational Diabetes

Is not for me!!
YAY!!
I was nervous because since it's still unknown what causes it...how do I know i'm doing what I need to in order to avoid it? I do have a family background of diabetes, not with any immediate family but still..what if that family history finally caught up with me?
Well no more worries! Got my finger pricked an hour after drinking what tasted like a way too sugary carbonated orange soda{really wasn't as bad as I was anticipating}, and was well below the limit =)
HOORAY!
It's crazy to feel her move in two sometimes three different spots at once. She is so active! I sit there at night and just watch my belly spasm and move like it has a mind of it's own!
Here is a video of my belly button spasming plus little movements and near the end you'll see the left side of my belly kick out. It's not the best video quality nor does it catch her most active kicks. But it's the best I have at the moment.
And they're only getting bigger and better =)


Okay, I haven't mentioned this yet but as the school semester started back in January and other things took place, we felt it was best right now for me to take this semester off and due to medicaid issues/ procedures and only having one car...I am currently not working either. So I have lots of time to get ready for baby, exercise, catch up on my scriptures, be a house wife, etc. It's been a nice break. I'm planning on going back to school in the Fall to finish my pre-reqs for the respiratory therapy program.

So i've been reading a ton of baby books lately. Just getting a feel for all the different opinions out there...because there are a ton!! It gets a little overwhelming if I think about it too much. I have to remind myself that there's really not a right or wrong way to raise a baby but still...there are so many theories and styles stating they're the best! It just feels good to learn what's out there and maybe one day i'll realize that one fits perfectly with me..but so far I just don't know! Why can't there just be one that is best!!
Here are the books i've been reading:

I got this book for free from my Doc and it was okay. It's pretty basic info about pregnancy and stuff I felt like I already knew. Still great, but not the best out there in my opinion.
 This book is one i'll recommend to anyone and everyone! I love it! It's written by mommy docs and they share their own stories as you read along as well as their patients stories etc. Also have life size pictures and a whole list of medications, antacids, pain relievers etc. that are pregnancy safe/how pregnancy safe they are. Great book.

This is a massive book. Has a TON of good info in it. So far I feel it really pushes attachment parenting.

I've liked this book so far, lots of good advice, opinions, techniques, stories, etc. Definitely will give it a chance.

Also one i've liked so far. Still keeping an open mind about whether I agree full heartedly with everything it's saying and teaching. This book totally mocks attachment parenting. In my opinion.

A must see for anyone prego or planning on having more kids. There's a book and DVD and i've seen the DVD. Rent it from your nearest library. You won't regret it! We showed it to some friends and they were very thankful =)

As always, I am very open to any advice anyone has for me!


Tonight Tyler and I got to listen to Jason Alexander at UVU. His real name is actually Jason Greenspan. Did not know that! 
He was here for a three day acting workshop with the UVU theater/arts program. So his last day here he talked to the open public about his life and acting etc. 
SOO cool!!


Okay horrible picture. But there he is. He has a fabulous hair piece that makes him look years younger! I barely recognized him without that shining bald head of his!
Phenomenal public speaker. And hilarious of course.
Okay okay I must share this. For those of you who have seen it, he went into details about his first big movie which was Pretty Woman. OH my goodness who knew that this movie was supposed to be a HUGE flop!!
He said most of the movie was full of ad-libbing and bloopers because the director just kind of winged it!
Like that famous scene where Julia Roberts is in the huge bubble bath and Richard Gere tells her he wants her to be his prostitute/date for a whole week? And she laughs and slips her head under the water? Well she actually had blown the line for like the 100th time and was doing that out of embarrassment/frustration!
Maybe that's why the movie was so good?
He also said the script was super dark and it wasn't supposed to be a romantic comedy. Who knew??
There were also hilarious things he shared about Seinfeld and such. I had no idea it had such a rough start! It wasn't until the 3rd season that it finally became the hit we know it as today!

There is a boy in our ward who has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and really needs everyone's help! He needs multiple surgeries including one for scoliosis and his parents needs all the help they can get! There are lots of fundraiser's for him and such too. Here is his website:Help Jeromiah.


Our really good friends Mark and Mickelle had their baby!! She found out she was pregnant while in TN with me! I still find it crazy to believe they have a baby now!
 He is so cute! They named him Daxton =)

Tyler even loved holding him and he never gets that way with babies! I think it's because we are good friends with them but also because he will be holding one of his own in just a few months! He said he got lots more excited and more confident after we visited them. Yay! =)

P.S. It's Tyler's birthday THIS Friday the 2nd of March. He'll be 23. What a big boy =)


I'm starting to forget what pics i've shared yet...oh well! Hope this isn't a repeat! Click on it to make it bigger.



Comments

  1. There should be as many books as there are babies. You will be able to write your own book because only you will know what is going to work for your baby. All these other books are merely suggestions. :)
    Same thing goes for each pregnancy. Just do what feels right and listen to the doc. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the belly video! I miss it so much! soon you'll be seeing bulges rolling around sticking out like crazy! and the diabetes drink, yeah really not that bad, ( I actually kind of like it) maybe some people have a different nastier one?? I know how you feel with all the baby info! overwhelming! i had to stop reading it was too stressful! but I did like baby whisper, simple and logical. have so much fun, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an awesome blog! Thanks for sharing (loved the video!) I haven't read all the books you've listed, but after having two kids who didn't sleep through the night, I wish I would have read "Baby Wise" books 1 & 2 sooner. (There is some good stuff in there! You should seriously consider trying it even if it's not "attachment parenting." And also read "Toddler Wise.")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post! Dang girl-you've got some great knowledge under your belt already! You'll find that anyone and everyone will give you their different opinions about how YOUR child should be raised. Kind of annoying but sometimes helpful. Just pray about what YOU guys think is best and works for your baby and don't let anyone tell you you're doing it wrong because chances are you will do an AMAZING job! Way to do your research!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts