oh just ya know..livin' the life.
I love surprises!!
I was part of a really fun surprise this past week.
Cody, one of the sales guys out here is engaged to be married August 5th.
and his fiance, Anna, flew out to surprise him!
Complete utter surprise!
SO me and Alex drove out to the Nashville airport Thursday morning to pick her up.
We met up with Tyler and he led us to where Cody was knocking and we dropped her off down the street where he was.
So he saw her walking towards him from a distance.
It was presh!
I was relieved to not have to keep it a secret anymore!
Tyler creepin' in the background haha.
Cuties!!
We loved having Anna stay with us in our extra bedroom. Finally we could put that bedroom to use!
We had to make sure Anna saw downtown Nashville! So that's where we went out to dinner Saturday night.
But Alex and I went earlier to get some shoppin' done =)
In front of Margaritaville where we put reservations in for us all to eat!
Also in front of Margaritaville were these doggies!
Those are real dreadlocks on those pups!
Yes their owner is exploiting them but it was so cute! I've never seen dreadlocks on a dog before. There was quite the crowd. I had to wait my turn to take a pic! Haha.
Just a few pics of downtown Nashville I took
I love it there!
The restaurant was so much fun! It smelled like chlorine water because they had waterfalls and giant palm tress and stuff.
The coolest part was they had this winding piano staircase!
When you walked on the steps it actually made the noise of striking a single piano key!
When I was first walking up it, I heard the noise through the speakers and started looking around thinking:
Who is letting their child pound on the piano??
Ha I felt pretty dumb.
❤
So we walked around Nashville for a little while until we decided to show Anna The Parthenon.
Walking to our car we went through this alley way
Pureeedy.
We caught fireflies, well actually I caught the fireflies and we watched them glow in my hand.
Tyler did flips and jumps and whatever else off the steps.
For those of you who don't know this, I married a monkey man. This video will show you one of the most basic things he can do. It's my goal to eventually video all of his many flips, twists and jumps so he can prove that he was once able to do them when he gets too old.
Hopefully not when he finally breaks a bone(he's never broken a bone) and no longer can.....shiver..
Tyler learned how to do a backflip when he was 8 on the tramp..then how to on the ground..then how to off a wall..and so on. He says our kids are going to grow up on a tramp too. And be just like him. I can already feel myself starting to worry!
I have been having so much fun out here learning how to cook and craft! I've been learning a bunch of different crafts to do for gifts and stuff.
I love this one. Mine is on the right, Alex's on the left.
After these pics were taken we decided it needed something in the vase.
So we bought decorative white rock sand and poured it in the vase.
We made the flowers out of card stock paper.
You draw a squiggly on the paper, cut it out and then roll it in on itself. It becomes this pretty little rose!
We also made these coasters!
All you need is tile, mod podge and napkins!
These are the napkins we bought at the party store on sale for dirt cheap.
You make sure you have stipped the layers and only have one layer of the napkin to mod podge onto the tile.
Then mod podge the tile, put the napkin onto the tile, and mod podge the napkin onto it!
You also need to buy little felt sticky pads to put on the corners.
Talk about easy!
Well that's all folks.
P.S. I have recently got myself a google+ account and experienced the sweetness of it the other day when me and four of my family members were able to video chat, at the same time!
Yes it was awesome.
You're also able to watch youtube videos together.
If you'd like an invite, lemme know!
I can't see it becoming the new Facebook though...
I love Facebook too much.
Except that video feature is pretttty fancy.
P.S.S. We saw an amazingly wonderful movie the other day called The Majestic. With Jim Carrey. Came out in like 2001. It was lovely and I recommend it to everyone! Comparable to The Truman Show. The best part is it's available for instant streaming on Netflix. OoOh yeah.



Love the post!And I definitely want an invite to google+. I'm so glad you recommended the Majestic to everyone. Chris will love it :)
ReplyDeleteSounds so fun! I wish so bad I could've been there to see cody's face when he saw anna!!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you're having so much fun out there! I'm glad that you're getting into your crafty side :) Oh Tyler and his flips...that is pretty sweet though you gotta admit haha! And I love love love that surprise! You were so cute to help it run smoothly! Yay for such a fun summer!
ReplyDelete