Gaylord Opryland
Let me start out with...
It's my birthday tomorrow! =D
I will be turning the ripe ole' age of 22!
To celebrate, we're driving 2 hours to Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana with
this lovely couple:
We're OH so excited!
Now onto where that photo was taken.
This past week we visited a place called
Amazing!!!
It's a resort built like it's in the outdoors! But everything is under one big skylight!
I have about a million pics of this place.
This is what I saw as we turned the corner after entering through the hotel part.
My mouth fell right open!
Fountain show to music =) Oh yes it was lovely.
Cute little boutique shops and restaurants! That of course are targeted at the people who stay at the resort..$$.
But we did splurge and get a deep peanut butter chocolate ice cream shake at Haagen Dazs....amazing! $6 bucks well spent!
First time i've ever seen a Best Buy vending machine!
I wish!!! =)
So i just realized that that is not an iPhone but an iPod touch! For 400 bones? I don't think so!
So i just realized that that is not an iPhone but an iPod touch! For 400 bones? I don't think so!
Don't you love when you unexpectedly take a great pic?
Another great one. But i'm a sucker for long pics.
My attempted sexy face...Tyler's actual sexy face..Ow Ow! Can he strike a pose or what!
Enchanted!
Actual fish! We threw wishful pennies into this pond =)
I have so many pics from this place and since i've been wanting to document our Tennessee adventure on Facebook, to save time i'm going to upload the rest onto the Facebook. We loved it so much, we went back the next evening with Chris and Alex!
On that same day we visited Opryland, we also had a fun surprise visit from our good friend from Jr. high and high school! She did many plays with me and Ty in jr. high and high school and then dated and married one of Tyler's best buds!
Linsey Whitam Trujillo!
They currently reside in North Carolina but Lins was in Nashville for a deaf conference! =) She's fluent in ASL and is going to school for it.
Can't wait to hang out with them more when we have a reunion in Utah!
Fret no more!
I have found your source for...
mini babies?! .59 cents!
Haha seriously?? After we left Famous Dave's we went to this giant toy store and found these gems!
Haha Lins bought one for each of us.
Tyler put his on his keychain. Awesome =)
Alex and I have been teaching these adorable kiddies how to swim!
Actually Alex did most the teaching. I just followed her lead.
Devree, Me, Delanie, Alex and Daxton. Daxton took a fall right before they came over to swim that day.
We will miss these sweet kids and their mom Danelle!
I have recently discovered something genius.
see these curls?? They were produced using a sock!
I myself did not come up with this brilliant method of course. I came across this video thanks to Pinterest.
It looks kind of creepy. But this lady is awesome and she has other videos explaining in more depth how to get the hair around the sock bun and stuff.
I think every woman needs to know of this technique for easy hair curling! I have to spray the curles to death with hairspray to get them to stay all day. But it just depends on your hair type, the environment you're in and how wet you get your hair before you put the sock in.
Okay dockay I need to wrap it up. I have math to do, an apartment to clean and a shower to take! =)
My next post will be spectacular! Since it will consist of Holiday World birthday awesomeness.
☺
P.S. the other day I was cleaning up after my husband and as I was picking up his shorts, a cricket jumped out at me!!! A cricket! In my bathroom! I have since seen many crickets and I don't understand how they get into our apt. We have sticky pads in our corners for creepy crawlers and we've caught some juicy crickets and other things.
we leave for Utah in 12 more days!
Although I will miss you Tennessee!! And all the amazing people i've met here!
Can't wait for those Utah summer nights I grew up with =)
Can't wait for those Utah summer nights I grew up with =)
P.S.S. This song rocks!
I've probably spent well over $300 on music in my lifetime. But what's life without music??
I've probably spent well over $300 on music in my lifetime. But what's life without music??












Oh my goodness!! I'm definitely going to try the sock bun curling trick! That is so cool!
ReplyDeleteWe've been doing so much fun stuff lately. Hard to fit it all in one post, but you did it beautifully! It's fun to remember all of it :) Creepy babies!
ReplyDeleteBlahhh I wish my hair was longer. I want to try that sock bun.. I've seen it posted before on Facebook, and one of my hubby's best friends sister in law does her little girls curls that way too. (one too many burns with a curling iron? I suppose so) Ahhh Hurry hair grow faster.
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog it's so dang cute! :)