First Fourth Of July in Tennessee!

Fourth of July in Tennessee was a fun change! =) 
I find myself getting all caught up in complaints about how it's different being out here. Away from friends, family, traditions, reunions etc etc etc. But hey! Different is good! When am I ever going to experience Tennessee on the 4th of July in this time of my life ever again? So why not enjoy it! No matter how different it is =) Home isn't going anywhere and i've had up till now, 21 wonderful 4th of July's with my family. Hooray for a different experience!


4th of July weekend was soo needed. It was heavenly. We went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse as an office because the guys got their dinner goal, watched movies like Source Code and So I Married An Ax Murderer(Tyler had never seen So I Married An Ax Murderer so we watched that with everyone after dinner :), had game nights till the wee hours of the night, we watched some awesome fireworks and lit some of our own that we bought which were way cool. They allow fireworks here that you launch up into the sky. I was a little scared to try them but i'm glad we did. We went swimming with Mark and Mickelle, & Chris and Alex. Then had a BBQ with the office and played volleyball. Which I haven't done in AGES! Needless to say, my left forearm was sore for days and I developed a rash like bruise haha. I need to work on my form! Then we lit off more fireworks! =) I didn't want the festivities to end!

here we are lighting our own fireworks.


Cody, doing what he does best. Texting his fiance Anna back at home.
hehehe
They're getting married August 5th! Woo!

I didn't get any good pics of the big ones we let off in the sky but this one went pretty dang high! I couldn't even get it all in one pic! Super cool.


Oooo
Aahh

I love fireworks!


Volleyball.
Tyler's serve. He's pretty much a rock star at any sport or game he plays...

Chillin.

So onto other news...
I have had yet another dreaded experience with the bugs out here!
It's gotten to the point now that when I see a spider I don't even bother killing it.
But most of the spiders making webs in our corners aren't huge and threatening.
But the other night...
Tyler and I had just finished watching a movie(The Invention Of Lying if you must know) and like usual fell asleep on the couch. Well when I woke up, I did my usual dragging(literally) Tyler off the couch and forcing him into bed. Well right as I turned out the lamp next to our bed, I noticed an unusual dark spot lingering in the upper corner of our room.
I was hesitant to turn the lamp back on to see what it was. 
To my relief it wasn't a big hairy brown recluse. 
But it was still a very large bug that was going to keep me up all night because I wasn't brave enough to kill it. 
So I sat on the bed with all the lights on, and decided not to go to sleep.
Well about five minutes later I decided this was ridiculous and tried waking Tyler up to tell him there was a big  scary bug on the ceiling corner that was threatening us while we slept and needed to be removed to the outdoors or killed.
All he did was moan and fall back asleep. Obviously not deeming it worthy of getting up...So i decided to take action.
I got my....camera. 
Haha I was going to take a picture of the thing to show to Tyler so that he'd believe me when I said "huge threatening bug."

 This is what the bug looked like from where I was standing.
The bright flash made it skitter which made me scream haha.
 Here another pic of the ugly thing! By this time, I could tell that it was a centipede and really needed to be killed.

So I zoomed in on the pic, and woke Tyler up with this camera image in his face.
 Tyler sat straight up in seconds! Haha! Now he believed me.
So we got a chair and one of Tyler's big shoes. Killing it was not easy. Since it was in the crease of the wall, Tyler's first shot only made the thing fall to the ground. That's when I started swatting at it frantically with my flip flop. Haha Then Tyler split it in two with his shoe.
 I was very relieved =)
And so ready to get away from these bugs! Haha.

In one month from today. We'll be home! Woohoo!
  One last thing i'd like to share.
This hilarious photo!
Thanks to Pinterest, Tyler and I got quite the laugh out of it =)

Comments

  1. ok first of all i would have slapped my husband across the face if i saw that big of a nasty creepy crawler! ewww!
    the fireworks look awesome and good news is now it is legal in Utah to have areal fireworks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGGGHHH Those things are called house centipedes and we have them here too!!! SOOO gross. So so gross. They give me the willies. So sorry you had to deal with it! But the 4th of July is the best. Way to have a good attitude! And at least home is only a month away! I can't wait to get back either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Cody picture! So Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie,
    Be grateful that you are not living in Tahiti, a most beautiful island, except for many creepy crawling creatures which are extremely poisonous such as the centipede. Our neighbors, the Merrills, Dallas and Karen, were visiting there on church assignment when their youngest child, David, was bitten on the neck from a poisonous centipede. They had to seek immediate medical attention or it would of been fatal. Good strategy on getting Tyler's attention, though. Love you. Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Q,

    You are definitely your mother's daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my heck... I feel terrible, because I was laughing pretty hard reading your centipede fiasco. But you told it so perfectly. I hate bugs. The day we brought Xander home there was a mini centipede chillin on our bed.. I was definitely pissed about it. And then a few days later I was feeding him really early in the morning and I was drifting to sleep while he was nursing, I caught myself and looked down and there was a stupidly huge spider crawling all over Xander's face. I screamed, swatted it off his face, it landed on the bed, and I hit Zac on the back and made him kill it. I was sooooo mad. That same day I spotted an even bigger spider trying to crawl up Xander's Bassinet, I took action, and tried to kill it. I smashed it and a bunch of baby spiders scattered EVERYWHERE.. Took me ten minutes to kill all of them.. I then sprayed for bugs, I haven't seen nearly as many since. But eww, if I saw a centipede that big I wouldn't have even tried killing it myself. Ewwww..
    You're fourth of July sounded awesome!! Oh did you know they made Ariel fireworks legal in Utah too?! We did then with Aidan. That was fun! :) Miss you mucho. I hope this month goes by fast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts