OBSESSIONS...

SO...any of you who know me pretty well....or have known me since childhood...know that I can get obsessed. About things. Sometimes people....sometimes songs..sometimes movies. Mostly movies haha. I've had a lot of obsessions with movies so I thought since it's spring break and all...it'd be fun to list them =)
My first movie obsession that I can remember..THE TITANIC. 
I was in love with Leonardo DiCaprio. He was my new boyfriend. My sister bought me a shirt with that Titanic movie picture on it that's shown above. I wore it to bed every night. I tried to convince my Mom to buy me every Leonardo DiCaprio biography or biography about the Titanic out there. She only consent to one or two though. But I was completely obsessed. I was determined to see every movie and TV show that DiCaprio was in. Mama didn't like that idea so much haha. I was only 8 at the time it came out. I had to convince my mom to even let me see it. So after she and my Dad had seen it, she eventually took me on a girls night out to the theaters. For Christmas that year I got the two VHS Titanic collection haha. Still have it thank you very much!! =) So you wanna go to a real party?

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
My sister introduced me to this movie one day. She did that with a lot of great movies that came out before my time. Thank you Romney! I then became a little obsessed with Matthew Broderick. He looked the best {in my opinion} in this film. It's a classic and I still love it! Hi Jeanie! -SHUT UP!!


The Princess Bride
Obviously a favorite for all ages. This is another one my sister introduced me to. Love it!

Hook
This movie came out when I was only two years old! But my parents bought it when it came out on VHS so to me as a young child..I had no idea how old this movie was! I loved it! I thought Robin Williams' little boy 'Jack' was dreamy..looking him up now though..not so dreamy! Rufio on the other hand..still dreamy! Might've shed a few tears...poor Rufio...if you haven't seen this movie..consider it a sin and repent by watching it now!! Oh there you are Peter!

HOME ALONe
HOME ALONe 2

These movies are classic. I still try and watch at least one of them every Christmas. Macaulay Culkin might've turned into somewhat of a freak, but at this age he was the cutest little boy ever!! And also stole my little girl heart. I had no concept of age of course and thought he still looked exactly like he did in this movie haha. This movie came out while I was still addicted to my binkies! Buzz, your girlfriend, WOOF!

Oh yes. Daniel Radcliffe stole my eleven year old heart. Looking back on it now, I don't know what I saw in this kid. He was so little and a horrible actor in this movie! But alas, I was only eleven. I pre-ordered the Harry Potter soundtrack from Media Play and I remember being the happiest little girl in the world when my Mom told me it was ready to be picked up. Not only did I fall asleep listening to the soundtrack but I learned how to play the Harry Potter theme song on the piano =) Now if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed! Or worse, expelled. - She needs to sort out her priorities!

Scooby Doo!
This movie is awesome. Ya know those movies that just make you feel better just watching it if you're having a bad day..or even if you're having a good day and want to make it better? This was one of those shows for me. I really can't explain it. With a cast like Freddie Prince jr. as Fred, Sarah Michelle Geller as Daphne and Matthew Lillard as Shaggy how can you go wrong! Don't forget Mr. Bean! Good ole' Rowan Atkinson. I laughed and laughed throughout this show. I might not find it all as funny now as i did back then at 12 years old...but I had some good times watchin' parts of this show over and over again with my long time best friend Cami Healy =) Hey, I can look at myself naked!

Peter Pan
Why I became so obsessed with this movie? I do not know. I remember being so enamored with this movie and convincing my girlfriends Celeste Huffaker and Morgan Poole to see it in the theaters with me...and then having them think I was crazy! Haha! Sad I know. Pretty much all my girlfriends at the time made fun of me. But that didn't stop my love for Jeremy Sumpter! This was also an immediate pre-order for the soundtrack. And this song..was the theme song of my life. Along with this song from the motion picture soundtrack. I would fall asleep to them...wake up to them..day dream to them..yea obsess much? I also then read the book Peter Pan and was the happiest teenager when it came out on DVD! I actually have a video of me opening this DVD for my birthday..but it's much to embarrassing to post on here haha. I probably saw every video, picture, interview etc. of Jeremy Sumpter. Oh and his co-star 'Wendy' was my new enemy..Haha! Ya know what's funny....later in high school I found out that my best friend Maddi was also obsessed with this movie when it came out. But we didn't know each other then! Blast! We then ended up watching the movie again with each other =) Haha. This clip, is probably the cheesiest..but back when i saw this...it was my favorite!! =D I do believe in fairies. I DO! I DO!

The Notebook
Of course The Notebook. Every girl should watch, own and have this movie on their top ten best chick flicks! Even every guy!! This one probably takes the cake for my biggest obsession and longest lasting obsession. After this movie, I got all of my girlfriends to fall in love with it by taking them to see it and then booked my pre-order for the soundtrack, bought and read the book by Nicolas Sparks, learned how to play ''Frederic Chopin's Prelude in E minor Opus' on the piano(the same piece that Allie plays on the piano in the movie), became obsessed with music from the 40's, 50's, that whole era. Obsessed! I found myself wishing I had been born in the 20's! Funny thing is, I hadn't even seen a preview for this movie. It was my mom and my Aunt's idea to go see it on a fourth of july family vacation. My life changed after this movie. I was stunned, sitting there in the soft park city theater seats. Tears running down my cheeks. My mom of course was less than thrilled with the movie she just took her thirteen year old daughter to see. Haha. Especially because I couldn't stop talking about it. I was in a dream like state until I saw it again with my best friend Celeste as soon as I got back home. I then proceeded to watch every youtube video, preview, interview, everything and anything that had to do with The Notebook. I literally had this preview memorized.
I still love this movie to this day. I actually watched it a few days ago while cleaning. I was reading about The Notebook on IMBD.com and found this beauty! If any of you shared this same obsession of The Notebook, I know you'll find this very interesting. Man I can spend forever on imdb.com. I don't know if i can pick a favorite quote from this movie...there are so many! Rachel McAdams is so perfectly sensational in this film. I believe that any man who has watched this, has fallen a little bit in love with her. And it's never fully gone away. I still love her in every film I see her in. She's my celebrity female crush. Ryan Gosling was also perfectly charming...and perfectly sexy!....Mhhmm! I love this part! Do you wanna dance with me?
I also recently read The Wedding. A sequel to The Notebook. I enjoyed it of course and recommend it to anyone who loved The Notebook and Nicolas Sparks' writing. 

The Notebook was the last real movie obsession I had. Mostly due to getting older and more involved in other things. Like boys =) Haha but a few movies I have really enjoyed in the past few years have been Oceans Eleven, Cast Away, Mean Girls, King Kong, 13 Going On Thirty, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, ELF, What Happens In Vegas, The Proposal, Date Night, The Last Song, OH and INCEPTION!! and the list could go on and on. 
I'm curious...
What movies were you obsessed with as a child? or teenager? Do we share any common obsessions??

Comments

  1. I LOVE HOOK!! And that Peter Pan I was also obsessed with! :) Haha this is mean I know, but did you ever notice that the Wendy in that movie has Chicklet teeth? I also loathed her. :) Haha I love love love your movie selection! It's like you read my mind! Have you seen Inception? That is now one of my FAVORITE Leo movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you have the Rose doll from Titanic? Oh I STILL have it. It's beautiful really. Cinderella was my obsession as a wee one. Then I enjoyed A Walk to Remember in jr. high. I knew everrrrry line! Oh my Shane West! I stalked him like no 13 year old girl should know how to. Completely obsessed with the guy. I even made my dad order me a Shane West light switch cover! bahaha I can't believe that isn't included in your list! I too loved The Notebook and Mean Girls. And not that long ago I watched Cars like every night. Can't wait for Cars 2!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts