Awkward Moment??? I think YES!
Hello peeps....I'm going to share with you all probably one of the top 10 most awkward moments of MY LIFE that happened Monday night! Oh and not just awkward but pretty embarrassing too...But since i'm not one to get embarrassed easily due to a lifetime of many embarrassing moments, this was more...awkward. In fact if you're reading this consider yourself lucky. Cause i'm not posting this for the general facebook public to read. Only my blogging buddies.
K so Monday night Tyler and I went to the Jazz game with his Pest Control company =) SOo much fun! Here is our picture which sadly didn't turn out too well.
K so Monday night Tyler and I went to the Jazz game with his Pest Control company =) SOo much fun! Here is our picture which sadly didn't turn out too well.
GO JAZZ! oh wait...GO JAZZ!!
During half time we met up with my Brother Orson and Angie who had extra tickets for us to go to their exclusive sponsor room. My bro works for Siegfried and Jensen and therefore has season tickets and access through them to the sponsor room! =) Unfortunately no picture was taken with them. Anyways we were offered free food and free beer/soda drinks! Of course we didn't partake of the free beer DUH. But I did enjoy endless soda drinks of my good old friend Diet Coke whom I only associate with on special occasions like this one(this part of the story is crucial!) So I partook of the soda and munchies and we went back to our seats and watched the rest of the game. Which was awesome! Despite our loss and the massive amounts of Celtic bandwagoners!! You couldn't tell when the Jazz or the Celtics made a basket, the crowd was just as loud for either one! A-NNoy-Ing! So the game ended, we exited and made our way through the shoulder to shoulder crowd and out into the open. Unfortunately it was about then that I realized how urgently I needed to pee!! But I told myself i'd be fine. Well a half hour later by the time we finally got out of The Gateway parking structure we parked in, I was begging Tyler to stop at a gas station so that I could relieve myself. HA! Gas station? In downtown Salt Lake? That had public bathrooms open past ten O' clock on a week day? Please. There were none! All the restaurants were closed...fast food was drive through only(LAME!) I even unbuttoned the top of my jeans in hopes of relieving some discomfort. Finally after like 20 minutes of maneuvering and U-turning around the twisted streets of downtown, I spotted what looked like a small restaurant with the name Mo's and OPEN in it. OPEN! PERFECT! So I told Tyler to floor it there and I hopped out and into the doors of....what was not a small restaurant but a bar! With a stand up stage for open mic night. At the exact moment I walked in the guy on the stage made some joke about how the Jazz were probably losing right now. Then some guy who saw me walk in started chanting "GO JAZZ! GO JAZZ!" fist pump and everything as i passed him. UGH! so I started walking faster straight towards the back where I saw the bathroom sign and didn't think twice about pulling open the closed door of the one room ladies restroom. Low and behold it was occupied with a gothic looking, not so skinny chick sitting there on the toilet with all her glory hangin' out!! BAHH!! She scream, "i thought i locked it!" I choked a "SORRY!" and shut the door. Which was clearly broken. So onto the men's bathroom i went which was at the end of the dead end hallway further in the back of the dingy place. I was about to enter the bathroom when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see an obviously wasted 30 something year old guy staggering behind me, looking me up and down in a drunken haze. I told him he could go in before me but all he did was stand there, leaning against the wall staring at me saying "Heyy..." OHH crap. So I made some joke about my Korver Jazz jersey, cause he seemed to be staring at it, when he said barely audible "Uhh there's somethin' wrong with your zipper..." I looked down and there was my undone zipper, allllll the way down and my pants practically bearing my front side! Thank goodness for Mormon underwear ;) So I looked at him and said "ya know I REALLLLY have to go pee!!" and I practically ran into the bathroom and frantically locked the door(which i made sure worked) behind me. I could've died!! Fastest pee i've ever made. I sped out of there ignoring the drunken guy, asking as I passed who had won the game. I was a little frazzled when I got back into the car. But I have to laugh looking back on it now =) I'm just suuuper lucky if you ask me that I wasn't raped or something. YIKES!!
Holy Cow Annie! Talk about embarrassing. I'm so sorry. I'm glad you can laugh at it now! What did Tyler say about it? Was he laughing?
ReplyDeleteHaha yes he did but he also felt bad that he didn't go in with me. If he knew it was a bar like that he would've!! =) We were just worried about parking cause in downtown you never know where you can park so that's a big reason he stayed in the car.
ReplyDeleteLesson learned. Pee before you get in the car. (The Delta Center has many, many bathrooms.)
ReplyDeleteHaven't tried the pinwheels yet. Next trip.
Bahahahaha Annie! Hilarious! Love it!!!!!!!!:)
ReplyDeletethat Tyler is a lucky guy! you're always providing him with laughs! ahahahahaha good one. thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteman i went to this game too! stinkin bandwagoners.... but honestly my trip home was VERY boring compared to yours. Thats so funny! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteOhh, Annie! I live downtown! Next time you're desperate, like, CALL ME or something! You don't have to go into bars! hahahaha. I'm so sorry. That sucks. I don't like drunk guys.
ReplyDeleteBut I totally thought you were going to tell us that the guy at the open mic was narrating your story as it happened or something. It coulda been worse! Also look at it this way: #1 You'll never see those people again, #2: If you do, they won't even remember you! Thanks, alcohol.
hahaha.