5 year anniversary!!!!!!
So Today is actually our anniversary =D But when your anni is on a Wednesday it's hard to really do anything for it...and since last weekend was the only time my parents could LIVE at our house for 4 days it was pretty much a no brainer. So we celebrated in Las Vegas and partied it up all weekend long! We never told anyone it was our anniversary just that we were CELEBRATING our 5 year anniversary. Tricky eh??
The most common thing we heard when people found out we'd been married 5 years was:
what?! You don't look old enough to be married for that long!
Then we'd say:
Yea and we also have 2 kids at home...
Then they'd really be surprised and one woman said after we told her we were from Utah with 2 kids: you must be mormons!?
hahaha and we said: Yep!!
Where do I start on posting about this fabulous anniversary trip to Las Vegas?? We got to Vegas Thursday the 6th and left Sunday the 9th. I can't believe it's come and gone because I feel like I've been planning and waiting for it for months! For our honeymoon we stayed at the (no longer existing) Planet Hollywood Westgate Towers and it was AMAZING. We scored big on finding the rates that we did (thanks to my older Vegas savvy brother). It had it's own kitchen, a separate bedroom, living room, two tvs, huge bathroom with big tub, shower, etc. Problem is, it set the bar pretty high for all other Vegas trips haha. Huge bummer that it was bought out and is now "Hilton Grand Vacations" and almost double the price we payed 5 years ago. We were tempted to just bite the bullet and pay it just cause we loved the hotel room/location so much plus it'd only be fitting to go back to where we actually stayed 5 years ago.. but if we saved a little on the room then we could go see a show, movies, spend more on food etc. I think you know which option we went with and i'm glad we did! Did the Monte Carlo have a giant tub, separate bedroom and living room or even a mini fridge?? NO but we were in a prime time spot and had extra money to spend elsewhere =) It is more fitting to have the nicer room for the honeymoon anyways because well lets just say you see more of it ;)
The most common thing we heard when people found out we'd been married 5 years was:
what?! You don't look old enough to be married for that long!
Then we'd say:
Yea and we also have 2 kids at home...
Then they'd really be surprised and one woman said after we told her we were from Utah with 2 kids: you must be mormons!?
hahaha and we said: Yep!!
Where do I start on posting about this fabulous anniversary trip to Las Vegas?? We got to Vegas Thursday the 6th and left Sunday the 9th. I can't believe it's come and gone because I feel like I've been planning and waiting for it for months! For our honeymoon we stayed at the (no longer existing) Planet Hollywood Westgate Towers and it was AMAZING. We scored big on finding the rates that we did (thanks to my older Vegas savvy brother). It had it's own kitchen, a separate bedroom, living room, two tvs, huge bathroom with big tub, shower, etc. Problem is, it set the bar pretty high for all other Vegas trips haha. Huge bummer that it was bought out and is now "Hilton Grand Vacations" and almost double the price we payed 5 years ago. We were tempted to just bite the bullet and pay it just cause we loved the hotel room/location so much plus it'd only be fitting to go back to where we actually stayed 5 years ago.. but if we saved a little on the room then we could go see a show, movies, spend more on food etc. I think you know which option we went with and i'm glad we did! Did the Monte Carlo have a giant tub, separate bedroom and living room or even a mini fridge?? NO but we were in a prime time spot and had extra money to spend elsewhere =) It is more fitting to have the nicer room for the honeymoon anyways because well lets just say you see more of it ;)
Ah can I just say this was the perfect getaway?

We stayed with Russell and Ellen Irion our friends from high school Saturday night. We did a session in the Las Vegas temple, then went out to eat and saw Ant Man! In recliner seats! In 3d! I'm telling you, go see Ant Man. You will not be disappointed! If you like Avengers, Iron man or any other well done Marvel film, you will LOVE it!!

I'm just gunna post the photos below but basically we did everything we could in 4 days...
We saw Blue Man Group Mission:Impossible - Rogue Nation
& ANT MAN(in 3D and recliner sears!! And it was surprisingly a really good movie!)
We laid out at the pool for hours and ordered virgin pina coladas/coke only to be brought regular spiked ones haha! We sent them back of course but it made for an interesting first sip! baha! We ate at The Cheesecake Factory and many other places. Walked around and reminisced about 5 years ago and how new we were at being married ;)
We did a session at the Las Vegas temple with our high school friends who just moved to sin city a few months ago =)
Stayed up way too late and slept in! HEAVEN!!!
and we saw a horrible accident =( More below.
Unfortunately Saturday morning I woke up with a plugged duct...OUCH!!!
I had slowly been weaning Hayden for the past 2 weeks but the last day of nursing was only a few days before we left so maybe that was not so great planning on my part. Hayden did just fine with a sippy and whole milk but my body responded with rebellion. Thankfully it was cleared up by Sunday when we drove home but still-not fair!!! I promptly bought Sudafed(to dry up my ducts) and ibuprofen to dull the pain and thankfully it worked!!!
BTW: on some of these photos you're going to see a caption. That's from Snapchat and the only reason the caption is on there is because I forgot to save the photo before I added the caption and
"snapped" it. If you want to see these photos first hand ON Snapchat...go download it and add me! username: annieandersen
"snapped" it. If you want to see these photos first hand ON Snapchat...go download it and add me! username: annieandersen

Blue Man time!!! =D Right after this pic they handed out neon yellow paper tape stuff that you had to use to create something like a sweat band, headband, whatever! Tyler got creative and made a tie =)
Blue Man Group was SO fun! I can't even describe to you what it's like or what it's about but take my word for it and go see if next time you get the chance!!!!!
I didn't get a pic of our creations until we got back to our room.
We stayed with Russell and Ellen Irion our friends from high school Saturday night. We did a session in the Las Vegas temple, then went out to eat and saw Ant Man! In recliner seats! In 3d! I'm telling you, go see Ant Man. You will not be disappointed! If you like Avengers, Iron man or any other well done Marvel film, you will LOVE it!!
Ellen's eye's couldn't handle the sun- sorry Ell!!

We played Dominion and talked until 2 am!!!! =D We love these guys and miss them!!!
Fun fact: Russell's grandpa is Russell M. Nelson!!!! =D It's fun hearing him talk about "Grandfather" and knowing he's taking about the president of the quorum of the twelve apostles!! No big deal...
Meanwhile these were the pics my Dad sent to me 😁
Driving home...was a bit of a bummer but I was excited to see my babies!!
Scary thing happened on our way home....
We were getting off the freeway to get gas and I was sitting in the car when I heard a cacophony of sirens right behind me!!! I got out of the car wondering if I was in the middle of a hold up. I saw people running to the freeway and yelling. That's when Tyler came out of the gas station and I said let's go see what this is all about. So I turned right out of the gas station instead of Left which would have led me to the freeway entrance. Boy am I glad we didn't get onto that freeway entrance or we would have been stuck!!!! Right after we turned right we saw this:
This isn't a long video cause it's a Snapchat. But you can click on the link up above to see more pics and details.
So thankfully we were able to drive on an alternate route and not be stuck in that traffic but this is what we saw and we ended up finding out that traffic was backed up for HOURS and HOURS. People were running out of gas and overheating!!!
So that was sad. In the details it sounds like the most pointless crash of all time with the driver abruptly turning into the ditch like they were trying to make a U-turn(or fell asleep and overcorrected) and just crashed into the semi. The passenger of the car was killed instantly =(
Driving is scary!!! You never know when it's your last time getting into a car...AH!! Yikes!!!
Anyways, when we finally got home we were able to see our girls right before bedtime! =D They were happy and also sad to see grandma and grandpa go home.
We brought Halli home some stuff including this giant lollipop!! She was extremely excited and so so sweet.
Oh yea since it is our actual 5 year anniversary here are some never before seen videos for your viewing pleasure. I would make a special video, picture, slideshow from our wedding with super cute music but...
Jk sometimes I do but not this time.
Our shared look of awe that we are finally married!!!! =D
If you wanna see more click here to hop on over to my post about our wedding and honeymoon.















































Oh my goodness Tyler being shy about the garter was the best!!!!! Congratulations on your five years! Funny thing, my parents were at the same pool party celebrating their anniversary! Small world
ReplyDelete