T H R E E Y E A R S Y O U N G
No joke I have had this mostly written for over a month and just have not gotten around to posting it..what is wrong with me.
Oh our sweet Halli is 3!!!!! I can't believe it. I feel like she will forever be 2. We threw her a wonderful party!! I can say that now after it is all said and done. But up until then I was questioning myself and my sanity. This was our first birthday party since having 2 kids and man it was noticeably more stressful!!! We tried to keep it stress free, low key, but that's just not my style I guess! I love to get my creative juices flowing and go over board! And then Tyler reels me back in to reality. Let's just say I am glad I saved my receipts for all the decor I bought cause I ended up taking a lot back. And it's a good thing too because I could barely decorate with what I did keep!! It didn't help my stress levels that we waited till the last minute to put together Halli's tricycle!!! Thanks to my Dad and sis in law Shylah they put it together while Tyler and I ran around trying to get things set up while keeping an eye on our sillies. Thank the heavens above for my brilliant idea to blow up the swimming pool we bought and fill them with balls my parents already had to create a ball pit. Although Hayden didn't like being set down there while we ran around. She screamed for me and so I had her at my hip during the set up. Basically I loved the party and was glad/sad when it was over. It is so fun to be surrounded by friends and family and once things started going the way I envisioned them I can relax and enjoy myself!
Well I could go on. Basically she is a joy and we love all her little quirks. Obviously I don't love that when we go anywhere she will gather everything at eye level in her arms and flip out when she can't leave the store with it 😩 but I do love that she will give me the tightest hug and say "i love you" if she sees that I am sad or unhappy. We love you Halli Ann!! Thank you for gracing us with your arrival and making our lives better 3 years ago today!!!!
p.s. Tyler and I are headed to VEGAS this Thursday for four days to celebrate 5 years of marriage!!!! To say we're excited isn't cutting it. We cannot wait to get away to the place we honeymooned 5 years ago!!!!
Well I am definitely familiar with the term "threenager." I don't like to imagine what miss Halli has in store for us when she's an actual teenager. 😙 A little{{okay a lot}} about Halli:
26 lbs and just about 35.5 in. Aka a shorty. Although she is small she has a BIG personality!
-Loves bugs and all animals no matter if they're creepy or crawly!!
-She owns a fishy and she named it all by herself. This was when we got back from the pet store. It since has a more spacious living environment haha.
-drops the cutest lines!! like when it's hot out she says "the sun is looking at us! It's hot!!"
-talks back to me all day long.
me: "Halli why are you so loud?"
Halli: "Because I want to hear you go SHHHHH." bahahaha!! What a brat.
-her fave song is "I really like you" by Carly Rae. She will sing it and ask me to play it. All day long.
-We got Hayden a baby swing and of course Halli demands to be pushed in it.
-"mothers" Hayden like crazy and it drives me and Hayden nuts!
-Her happy place is on a trampoline.
-if I offer her water she will say "can I have milk instead?"
-her complete sentences, abcs, shapes, colors and grammar both impress me and freak me out! She's so little that you wouldn't expect that to come out of her mouth!
-Loves puddles.
-when she gets in trouble she will say "are you happy again?" or tell me randomly to "be happy!" if i'm frowning or concentrating on something haha. It is a sweet little reminder to just be happy!
-she loves to be sang to at bedtime and I have no idea where this came from but she loves to be sang "Puff the magic Halli lived by the sea" and so on. It cracks us up!
-she hates scary masks.
-is not yet potty trained. Don't ask. We'll get there on her own time. And ours haha.
-As of 3 days before her third birthday we are now a binky free family!!!
-loves dancing to Tyler's EDM music with him and when the beat is building up she says "Here it comes!" And then goes crazy when the beat drops.
-is already a thrill seeker like Daddy. He throws her, flips her, spins her all over the place because he wants her to be an acrobat like him. Here are two videos of he doing one of her favorite things: playing on Daddy's legs!
-is my social butterfly! When there are kids playing around her no matter who they are she will say to me "can I go play with my friends? Can I play with them mommy? Please?" or my favorite
-nursery is her favorite thing and she calls everyone there her best friend. She will scream and cry if we ever have to leave early.
-Adored her Uncle Orson! If he's ever here when she wakes up either in the morning or a nap she runs to him over me every time. It's pretty cute how much she loves him.
-gives hugs to little kids she just meets.
-She's got some killer dance moves!
-Loves feeding Hayden.
-Will watch Mr. Peabody and Sherman over and over and quote it all day long. As well as Big Hero 6, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Peppa Pig, Pocoyo, i'm sure there are more. She loves browsing her Kids netflix and clicks on whatever strikes her fancy. The other day though I heard the "Goosebumps" opening song and I was like "Oh no no no no no!"
-Loves bugs and all animals no matter if they're creepy or crawly!!
-She owns a fishy and she named it all by herself. This was when we got back from the pet store. It since has a more spacious living environment haha.
-drops the cutest lines!! like when it's hot out she says "the sun is looking at us! It's hot!!"
-talks back to me all day long.
me: "Halli why are you so loud?"
Halli: "Because I want to hear you go SHHHHH." bahahaha!! What a brat.
-her fave song is "I really like you" by Carly Rae. She will sing it and ask me to play it. All day long.
-We got Hayden a baby swing and of course Halli demands to be pushed in it.
-"mothers" Hayden like crazy and it drives me and Hayden nuts!
-Her happy place is on a trampoline.
-if I offer her water she will say "can I have milk instead?"
-her complete sentences, abcs, shapes, colors and grammar both impress me and freak me out! She's so little that you wouldn't expect that to come out of her mouth!
-Loves puddles.
-when she gets in trouble she will say "are you happy again?" or tell me randomly to "be happy!" if i'm frowning or concentrating on something haha. It is a sweet little reminder to just be happy!
-she loves to be sang to at bedtime and I have no idea where this came from but she loves to be sang "Puff the magic Halli lived by the sea" and so on. It cracks us up!
-she hates scary masks.
-is not yet potty trained. Don't ask. We'll get there on her own time. And ours haha.
-As of 3 days before her third birthday we are now a binky free family!!!
-loves dancing to Tyler's EDM music with him and when the beat is building up she says "Here it comes!" And then goes crazy when the beat drops.
-is already a thrill seeker like Daddy. He throws her, flips her, spins her all over the place because he wants her to be an acrobat like him. Here are two videos of he doing one of her favorite things: playing on Daddy's legs!
-is my social butterfly! When there are kids playing around her no matter who they are she will say to me "can I go play with my friends? Can I play with them mommy? Please?" or my favorite
-nursery is her favorite thing and she calls everyone there her best friend. She will scream and cry if we ever have to leave early.
-Adored her Uncle Orson! If he's ever here when she wakes up either in the morning or a nap she runs to him over me every time. It's pretty cute how much she loves him.
-gives hugs to little kids she just meets.
-She's got some killer dance moves!
-Loves feeding Hayden.
-Will watch Mr. Peabody and Sherman over and over and quote it all day long. As well as Big Hero 6, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Peppa Pig, Pocoyo, i'm sure there are more. She loves browsing her Kids netflix and clicks on whatever strikes her fancy. The other day though I heard the "Goosebumps" opening song and I was like "Oh no no no no no!"
Well I could go on. Basically she is a joy and we love all her little quirks. Obviously I don't love that when we go anywhere she will gather everything at eye level in her arms and flip out when she can't leave the store with it 😩 but I do love that she will give me the tightest hug and say "i love you" if she sees that I am sad or unhappy. We love you Halli Ann!! Thank you for gracing us with your arrival and making our lives better 3 years ago today!!!!
At her party we had hot dogs and polish hot dogs with J dawg sauce! And also the other traditional condiments. But it was fun to introduce people to 'J Dawgs' who were unfamiliar. My brother took control of the grill which was so nice. We are not experienced grillers quite yet and had a lot of other things going on. Here is a slideshow of pictures that I posted to Instagram.
I'm going to include some random videos depicting Halli and her cute personality.
*Warning* make sure your volume is not up all the way!
favorite game
starting chores young!
cutest sissies during bathtime
Halli's birthday bike! We can steer for her from the push handle..so awesome!
twinkle twinkle is her favorite and she sings both verses!
Daddy always knows just how to turn Halli into a thrill seeker.
having a yard during the summer is so much fun! =D
Now I know why swim diapers are so important...
Having fun with cousins!(tyler's sisters kids)
This broke my heart to see her out there alone but was also kind of funny. Don't worry I went out there shortly after and thankfully her cousins (my sister and her girls) came to live with us for a week and a half of constant play time!
she loves her cousins.
My LITTLE brother has so many reptiles and Halli loves them!
And i'm out!
Thanks for reading about my sweet but crazy Halli!
p.s. Tyler and I are headed to VEGAS this Thursday for four days to celebrate 5 years of marriage!!!! To say we're excited isn't cutting it. We cannot wait to get away to the place we honeymooned 5 years ago!!!!


Comments
Post a Comment