5 years since engagement!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
F I V E   Y E A R S  A G O
there was a lot going on.


I had moved home for the summer to work as a CNA and focus on saving money and planning a wedding. Wait a sec- saving money and planning a wedding? Those two things shouldn't be in the same sentence. Let me start over.

I had moved home for the summer to work as a CNA and focus on planning a wedding while trying not to go broke! I'll be honest, Tyler and I were living paycheck to paycheck. I had no savings. I'll regretfully admit that. And Tyler having JUST returned from his mission a month prior, spent what savings he had on a BYU Spanish class that would prepare him to take the 16 credit exam that would help benefit him with credits towards his degree. It's a miracle I even got engaged when I did. Since most couples would maybe wait a little longer 'till they had an actual savings account. Not us! But I wouldn't change a thing because scraping and saving money together as newlyweds in a 400 sq. foot studio apartment was such a special, bonding experience that I will never forget! Oh yea and you're probably wondering how Tyler afforded to buy me a diamond while living paycheck to paycheck. Well most jewelers do loans but getting a loan requires having worked a stable job for 6 months and neither of us had that since I had just started my CNA position and Tyler well-you know.
Enter my Dad. He offered to loan us the money and we would just pay him back gradually. Thanks Daddio!! {{ring is paid off in case you were wondering. After 5 years you'd hope so right!?}

Technically when I moved home I wasn't engaged yet but that didn't stop me from having a date set in the temple AND a dress already purchased. Oh you didn't know that? Yea I reserved the date in the temple AND bought my dress all before Tyler even got home. The summer before he got home I bought my dress haha!! My sister was in town that summer and she wouldn't be next summer until August so if I wanted to go dress shopping with my sister and Mom it had to be that summer. Here are the pics from that outing. I can't believe though that I didn't get any with my Mom and sister actually IN THEM. I just have them in the mirrors and what not. Oh well!!
My cute mom figuring out how to take pics on her phone.



]

So there's my pregnant sister in the mirror. Only proof I have of her being there!
I actually sent this picture to Tyler on his mission without an explanation for what I was doing. hehehe. I was signing the papers for my dress ✍




So I knew the engagement would be happening any day since Tyler knew what ring I wanted.
 That day happened to be Friday May 14th! You can read the whole full detailed story here.

He proposed on the top floor of The Joseph Smith Memorial Building which is where The Roof Restaurant is located. He proposed there because it had sentimental meaning to us. Oh you want to see pics?? Okay okay I guess i'll oblige...

After Tyler proposed I always thought we'd come back one of these years and 5 year anniversary is perfect! Well technically we haven't gone back yet because we didn't eat at The Roof but sorry we didn't feel like paying $50 bucks a person! Plus we had kids with us. So The Garden Restaurant right across from it was perfect!

✿✿✿✿✿✿
Halli was in heaven when we walked in. She squealed "were outside!!!" so cute =)
The girls were SO GOOD! We were so pleased I can't even tell you. And they brought us balloons! They probably thought it was our wedding anniversary but that's okay ;)

We had so much fun! One of the coolest parts was that from the time we left our house to the moment we parked in the parking garage it took only 15 mins!!! It felt like a jiffy compared to whenever we'd drive anywhere from Provo.

Here is a collage of pics from when he proposed the night of May 14th 2010


So because i'm a nerd I made a video.
the song is Overload by Life Of Dillon.

Here are the pics that you saw in the video for your viewing pleasure.











They tied balloons to a Happy Anniversary sign on our table =) I told the hostess at the front that we had gotten engaged 5 years ago today and she told our server so i'm assuming they knew it wasn't our wedding anniversary but heck either way I don't care!  


















I love this pic of Halli! She is so excited to see the temple! =)








We had SO much fun. I know I already said that but I am just really glad we did this. Even if we are nerds for celebrating an engagement anniversary, it's still a moment to be celebrated after 5 years in my books. Since posting a pic of this a few days ago, Tyler has been told by 2 of his guy friends "happy #5 man." So he gives me a hard time about making everyone think we celebrated our wedding anniversary. 
well what can I say. Sorry not sorry!!!

Thanks for reading my friends❤✌☺ 

p.s. I feel that I need to let you in on a little secret. I had the idea to do this the day before the anniversary of our engagement so I texted Tyler my idea and he was excited because he'd looked up The Garden menu online and it said it was smothered burrito night. Then when he was driving home he called me and realized I meant that we go on our actual anniversary and not that night. He was bummed cause he wanted their smothered burrito haha. SO we decided to go that night but I told him we're telling everyone it's our actual anniversary of our engagement haha. But I am SOO glad we went on the 13th since it was perfect weather aka the warm before the storm. Because the next day on the 14th it was cold and raining! Thank you Tyler and his love for mexican food!  








Comments

  1. Bah!! I love this whole thing! The sweetness, and your little secret too!!! You two are adorable and hilarious and perfect! Happy five years engaged!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts