House living


introduction☟ 
Let's state the obvious for a moment: This is my blog
And I think it's safe to assume and I can be honest, candid and just say what I want on here. Tyler hates to seem like he's bragging or say stuff that sounds like "oh look how lucky we are" or "oh we have the best situation just look at our situation" and I totally agree-to a point. But since this is my blog I am going to talk about how lucky I feel and grateful we are for this opportunity to be living in this home thanks to my brother who is pretty gosh darn great. I'm also going to talk about some hardships since living in this home which in no way reflects my gratefulness =)
                                             
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
After living in apartments for almost 8 years, moving to a home was an adjustment. It's been almost 2 months now since we moved in but for the first 3 weeks I still felt like at any moment we were going to be driving back to our Provo apartment and that all this had been a vacation of sorts. The first 5-6 days after the move were the hardest. I would by lying if I said that there wasn't a single moment where I wondered why we moved from our comfort zone of Provo. I just have a hard hard time with change. Change itself isn't what is so hard it's the struggles and challenges that change brings. Struggles like Hayden not sleeping well {at all} during the night anymore, struggles like learning a whole new routine in a whole new place. Struggles like not knowing anyone and feeling a bit isolated. It also didn't help that we lacked some basic necessities I had been used to. For 5 days I felt like I was "roughing it." No heat{issues with Questar Gas}, no internet, no cable/tv, and no washer and dryer{issues with different hook ups etc}. That stuff just comes with a move though so I should've expected it but expected or not, it still took a toll on my psyche. That first Monday when Tyler went back to work was brutal. We had unpacked as much as we could on Sunday but Monday was still a war zone. Trying to figure out a new home, a new routine with my two girls while living between boxes was something I don't want to ever have to do again for a long while. I hadn't realized how dependent we had grown on internet! It was probably good for us to unplug and teach Halli{and let's be honest- ourselves} how to eat breakfast without watching a show/surfing Facebook.
the sight made me want to pull out my hair. Just looking at it still gives me anxiety.

Tyler is one of them weirdies that thrives on change. Sometimes he moves around furniture or rearranges apps on his phone just to spice things up a bit. So this to him was an adventure and he was doing just fine. He kept looking at me funny when I said "I just gotta stay positive." I kept it {mostly} together until Tuesday night when my feelings demanded to be dealt with. My girlfriend back at our Provo apartments who lived 2 floors above me said: "The lights are on in your apartment right now! It must be maintenance. I keep wishing I could come say HI! Miss you!" Then when putting the girls down it was a nightmare and Hayden was again freaking out in her crib and I just broke down. "I miss our old routine! I miss our apartment!" It was my moment to let it all out and Tyler was so sweet to listen and hold me. He helped remind me why we moved and that things would get better. After Tuesday night things did get lots better and by Thursday when we had heat, internet and a working washer and dryer I was feeling like I could do this. 
I can now say that this house feels like our home! It is weird to look at my last blog post and see other furniture in those pics. Like, what is that weird furniture doing in our house?
We had a house warming bbq party thrown by my brother's realtors and it was a blast! I still hadn't been able to fully decorate the walls, had the frames etc like i'd wanted but it is what it is!
My brother has only slept here one time haha! But he has been the best landlord! Fixes things right away, does yard work/weeds/plants flowers, has come over every Thursday night to move our garbages to the front because it's garbage day on Fridays and also let's us deduct anything we buy for the house from rent.
Here are some pics! We painted Hayden's room but will get around to Halli's one of these weekends.
I'm going to post photos like you're walking through the house from the front door.
Move in day...aka the day from Hell. Jk i'm being over dramatic. But really though....

{enter extremely exhasuted emoji here}
Oh the never ending energy of a 2 year old. That's our room btw.

Halli chose her own room and declared it her "Tinkerbell room." Those are tinkerbells around the ceiling.
The paint is neon yellow so...bye bye tinkerbell!! Haha surprisingly Halli is okay with painting it probably because she saw us painting Hayden's room.
Where you enter after coming up those stairs




The kitchen will someday get a face lift but for now it's not THAT bad.


I really like the sky lights  We lived in a 1st floor middle unit so having those skylights makes our previous apartment feel like a vampire dungeon! Downside however to the skylights are that it heats up the main floor area like crazy. ℉ 








guest bathroom in the hallway











our master bathroom. The previous owners left that black storage closet, so nice!


the closet
Our room has a big window but it is still a bit of a mess under it. We really need a dresser there!

Now Hayden's room! It's not perfect, there are still projects and things to buy for it but for now it will do =)

Here's the before photo of the color of the room

I hadn't unpacked all the headband clips so it looks so bare...


And recently this rocking chair in the corner!

Tyler took this pic after he assembled it in the second bedroom downstairs. Then he moved it into Hayden's room in the morning. We are in love!!! I cannot tell you how nice it is to get Hayden out of her crib and just feed her right then and there. Heaven 



Halli's room is not how I want it to be but I decorated what I could to make it decent until we paint.



now the basement one of our favorite parts about this home! 
That's the garage door and we love having split entry!
I forgot to get a picture of the garage but it fits two cars and tons of storage! I absolutely love having a garage. I have spray painted and done many crafts since moving here!

At the bottom of the stairs is our storage and no it's not organized yet.
It goes back under the stairs coming into the house.


Can I just say how much I love this basement! It's an oasis! It has dimmable lights for watching a movie and is just such a wonderfully open space to play, watch movies, host game nights or whatever!



That door to the left is my brother's storage under the stairs.



my brothers two rooms and his bathroom

Here are some pics of the yard i took during the BBQ



Halli is obsessed with her "backyard" and "playground"

Here is a pic from our first night in the house when she first saw her playground for the very first time.









I thought it would be a good idea to throw a baby shower for my best friend/college roommate Brooke a month after we moved in. (insert laughing with tears emoji)
The same week I was supposed to throw the shower Halli came down with a nasty stomach flu bug.
It ended being okay but I may have a few new gray hairs!







Teeny tiny Charlee(pronounced like the name Charlie) 6 lb little thing! Her middle name is Julia after Brooke's older sister who was hit and killed by a car at the age of 2  
And this is Brooke's amazing mommy who has endured so much in her life and is an example to all of forgiveness and selflessness! 
Mandy is preggers with Brooke! Still waiting on Mandy's little girl to get here!

Since i'm talking about babies I figured i'd post a pic from back when we were all babies! Met these girls 7 years ago in college and it's been love ever since!
Gotta include Linners too!


Yep i'm the shortest out of most of my friends.

And here are some more random pictures from the past 2 months of living in the house!

Halli's favorite play spot. She would wait there for Tyler to get home and also waves bye to anyone leaving our house.

We love love love playing in the basement. So spacious. Hayden can crawl around to her hearts content eating everything she comes in contact with...haha. It's a great basement. 

My brother's piano that he loves playing. In this picture they were about to play and sing"Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"


Enjoying our grill in the backyard! That cinnamon sugar coated pineapple was divine!

I love her sweet face so much!

She loves her room and putting window clinging things up.

Easter was so fun in our new home!
Halli is still playing with her plastic eggs and constantly puts things in them, carrying them around in her basket. She loves talking about how the Easter Bunny gave them to her. It's pretty cute.

So there is a kids mode on my samsung s5 phone and it's pretty much the best thing ever. Halli loves to take pics with it and there is a setting where it adds funny things to faces automatically.
Exhibit A:
We were driving and she says "smile mommy" so I did as I was told.
Then Halli said "you've got eyes on your eyes!"
we were pretty confused until we saw the pic. HAHA!

Exhibit B:

So she's been pretty into taking pics here are some others she's taken:
 Cute Halli


I love this munchkin but she is a bit crazy!!! I swear she was born solely with the purpose to eat things off the floor!! She also loves smiling, standing, and crawling over and out of everything! Don't worry I use the restraint system every time since that high chair incident.
These sisters are the cutest thing. 
Of course there are times when Hayden doesn't appreciate the smothering..

Halli's new thing is feeding Hayden. It's pretty cute and Hayden always opens up her mouth when she does it!

Hayden is slowly started to sleep better and it's so cute how she cuddles her lovey

This is what I wake up to every morning
SO cute

Halli got a fish! She named him after Peppa Pig of course: Georgey Pig


Tyler snoozing on the job! Hahaha
One of the perks to having a backyard!! 


Halli at her new table! (Thank you Aunt Vicki!) She eats, plays, watches shows on her "little table." ps this pic was taken after the above pic playing on the grass-notice the grass stains ;) I guess that's the cons of a backyard.

I'm so glad when Daddy comes home!
Playing puzzles while I cook dinner.
Halli's smile cracks me up

Halli cracks me up...I told her she needed to keep her eye on the ball in order to hit it...so she did exactly what I told her to do hahaha!!


Halli loves watching Peppa Pig and the show has a revolving theme every episode of jumping in muddy puddles. So as if a toddler isn't already interested in jumping in puddles, this show makes her 100x more excited and obsessed with them! So we got her some rain boots and all i've been hearing everyday ever since is: "mommy can I jump in muddy puwdoos with my wain boots?"
and if there aren't any puddles, she asks if we can make some! HAHA!

more Peppa Pig obsession!
Halli's Aunt Maddy gave her Peppa Pig figurines! How sweet of her is that! It's Halli's "Peppa Pig family."


A huge bonus and big reason why we made the move to Murray was to be closer to Tyler's mama! She is going through chemo and it was so fun to be able to take her out of the house for a picnic in Murray park!

I really don't like taking these girls shopping by myself. But one morning I got brave(and in need of food) and decided to head to Costco for a little adventure. Look at these two cutie pies! Hayden's first time in a cart like that and also they're first time sitting together in a cart. It was presh! Except Hayden didn't crack a smile the entire time :/ I think the view made her nervous!


My brother took this pic cause he said we looked cute. This is my life. And that is how I look nearly every day. Pj's/leggings/comfy shirt, no make up, oily hair, pulled back in a pony tail, taking care of my girls the best that I can! It's a good thing they don't care how I look.

Thanks for reading my friends❤✌☺ 

END NOTES:
Did you enjoy my "special symbols"? Once upon a time Tyler my web developer hubby had me {try} to learn some HTML and while I am not a wiz at it by any means I figured out how to add in these "special symbols". It's so easy you can do it too! You copy these HTML special symbols onto the HTML portion of your blog. So ya know when you're writing a post? In the upper left hand corner under the orange "B" for blogger you will notice it says compose and then HTML right next to it. When you click on HTML you will see a jumble of characters and become instantly confused and nervous!! But do not fear! Simply search the text for the words where you want to include the symbol and just paste! Voila!
♡♡♡

Comments

  1. Annie, I just love you!! Moving sounds terrifying with children!!! I don't do well with change either, and I had a hard enough time doing it without babies. But, you can do hard things!!! Also, now that you're only 20 minutes away, can we please play!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is adorable. Your family is adorable. So much adorableness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your house!!! So glad you posted. I love seeing all your family updates.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts