Our last 3 months
So I blogged about Hayden and Halli's last 3 months I think I need to blog about mine and Tyler's last 3 months..
A LOT has happened in the last 3ish months. Like Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years. I will do my best to recap!
Thanksgiving was at Tyler's family at noon and my family at 4. So I got this gem of Hayden and Halli but as for our family pic....oh well!
my cute gramps!
Unfortunately and very surprisingly, Tyler's mom got diagnosed with breast cancer the beginning of December. We've recently found out that it is stage 3 but thankfully has not spread beyond the lymph nodes(that they also removed). She is recovering from a mastectomy and preparing for many rounds of chemotherapy and radiation therapy. It was a shocker that's for sure but given the circumstances she is doing really well. Because Tyler's dad passed from Leukemia, cancer is not anything new to her. It is just a shame that she should have to endure this after all that she's been through! {She also lost her first born when he was 2 weeks old. His name was Troy and Tyler's sister named her first born after him.}
Love you Mom! We'll get through this!
This year we sent out two types of Christmas cards since Costco only came in sets of 50.
Here is one of the cards front and back.
Oh Christmas was so good! I love having kids during Christmas and it was really hard not to spoil Halli and Hayden!! It was so fun to have my Dad play Santa for our ward Christmas party. Tyler is Sunday school president and his auxiliary was in charge of it this year for the second time so that was an adventure!
Let's take a second and talk about how my Dad makes the best Santa! He calls himself a work shop Santa =) I love it!!
It didn't phase Halli that her grandpa was dressed up as Santa. She went right up and hugged him and calls him her:
Santa Grandpa.
How cute is that!?
Aren't they the cutest??
We didn't make it to Temple Square this year+ but we had a temple square look alike in our own backyard! Downtown Provo baby. Lots of fun lights and Christmas trees.
We also went to a drive through light show in Spanish Fork that was Halli's absolute favorite! We let her sit on our laps as our car crawled through and her face was plastered to the window. Then at the end of the light show while she was still sitting on my lap she said: Now what?
Hahaha. she kills me!
We replied with: Now it's time to get back in our car seat!
She didn't like that so much ;)
On Christmas Eve my Mom's side of the family always does a big dinner with roast and a seafood fondu! Since I can remember, it's where i've spent my Christmas Eve every year. This year instead of doing a big gift exchange, we brought back a tradition and did a nativity!
Hayden made the perfect Jesus.
Hayden was such an angel! She just laid there looking around.
So sweet.
It definitely was one of my favorite Christmas Eve's in a while. I loved doing something that brought the spirit of Christmas so strongly.
So sweet.
It definitely was one of my favorite Christmas Eve's in a while. I loved doing something that brought the spirit of Christmas so strongly.
Cute Halli moment: When we were getting ready for bed Christmas Eve, Halli helped my Mom put cookies out for Santa but Halli was confused that my Dad wasn't eating them. She said: "Grandpa eat them?" Haha...in future years we will just tell her that Grandpa is Santa's helper.
We slept over at my parents Christmas Eve because i'm slightly embarrassed to say this but i've never NOT had a Christmas morning at my parents house. It wouldn't feel like Christmas if I was anywhere else!
I know someday Tyler and I are going to need to make our own memories with our kids in our own home but for now I am perfectly content sleeping over and waking up in the house that I grew up in.
Plus getting a delicious, elaborate breakfast made for you is a big bonus =D
The living room that I have had every single one of my Christmas mornings in.
Crazy no?!
Opening her "Jack." It was so cute. She was looking at my sister who was with us via Skype. She's the one who gave it to Halli. Best present ever!
After Christmas morn at my parents, we went over to Tyler's house for lunch. Halli loved playing with Her cousins and Hayden loved Tyler's sister ^^
Santa Baby
Pushing Jack around
Halli was so tired by the end of the night poor thing. But look how cute Hayden is!
We didn't get a family Christmas picture for a few reasons but mainly because Halli was so tired she fell asleep before we even got her in bed! Aaand we may or may not have stayed in our Christmas Eve pj's all day! {yea we do that whole open new Christmas Eve pj's thing}
New Years Eve sushi!
This New years was the lowest key yet and it was a-okay with us! With 2 kids, {one that doesn't even take a bottle} there's not much you can do outside the home. So Tyler and I got sushi where my little brother works while my Mom watched Halli. Then we went home, put Halli down, watched a movie and then the ball drop.
New Years Day my parents took us out to Cheesecake Factory! It was the best. Thank you parents!
Well 2014 you were good to us!
Best moment?
This moment. hands down.
Here are also some great moments of 2014:
- Finding out we were adding more PINK to the family =)
- Tyler turning a quarter of a century! And surprising him with his tinted out car!
- Visiting Tyler's sister and family in the city that Tyler was born in: Houston.
- Seeing Tyler graduate!! Such a cool experience to finally see all his years of hard work pay off.
- Halli turning 2!
- Welcoming Hayden into this world! On 7-11 @ 11:11 what are the odds?
- My sister actually getting to be here for once and visiting me in the hospital! =)
- Halli meeting Hayden! =)
- Me turning a quarter of a century!
- Hayden's baby blessing in my blessing dress.
- Spending a September weekend in Midway at a cabin with all our high school friends.
- Watching Tyler tread and swim through mud.
- Visiting the state fair as a family for the first time.
- Finding out that Tyler's oldest brother proposed and is getting married on Valentine's day!
- Taking Halli to Frightmares Lagoon for the first time.
- Halloween with Halli and her love of skeletons and pumpkins.
- Christmas with Halli and her love of Christmas lights and Santa Claus.
- Lots of other little moments of tiny laughter and smiles =)
Here's a video that Google+ put together of my 2014.
Bring it on 2015!
sidenote:
I forgot to mention this in my Disneyland post but I want to share this cute little Halli comment. We played a lot of simon says on the trip to keep the kids entertained in the lines for the ride. When we were on the plane, we asked Halli what her favorite part about the trip was and she responded: Simon Says!
So looks like we flew all the way to California to play simon says! Ha!




















.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)



.jpg)


Loved reading all of it! Halli cracks me up. I loved seeing you do the nativity. I love that idea. We loved seeing you!!
ReplyDelete