DISNEYLAND!!!!!
Our family vacation to Disneyland was such a blast! Our good friends Mark and Mickelle approached us 3 weeks before the trip and pitched us the deal that they had found through Getawaytoday.com. It didn't take much convincing for us to join them! =D They have a little boy named Daxton who is Halli's age.
They love each other.
I hadn't been to Disneyland since I was like 8 years old! Tyler had also only been twice in his life too but the last time was in 2010 with his brothers. So he had seen California Adventure but I hadn't! I was so stoked to finally see Cars Land and all the jazz.
Oh and did I mention that Halli and Hayden were FREEEE? To Disneyland that is.
Ready for picture overload??? Of course you are. That's why you're here ;)
We got a room that connected to Mark and Mickelle's room with a door. It was sweet! We read Disney bedtime stories and after the kids went down stayed up late every night chatting and cracking up reading New Girl's Nick Miller quotes =D Here is the link for those fellow New Girl watchers ;)
First day in Disney!!!!


They love each other.
I hadn't been to Disneyland since I was like 8 years old! Tyler had also only been twice in his life too but the last time was in 2010 with his brothers. So he had seen California Adventure but I hadn't! I was so stoked to finally see Cars Land and all the jazz.
Oh and did I mention that Halli and Hayden were FREEEE? To Disneyland that is.
Ready for picture overload??? Of course you are. That's why you're here ;)
Driving to the airport! I love Halli peeking from behind.
It looks like i'm driving but i'm not. It's just the way the phone mirrors it.
As we were walking from our car to the airport shuttle. Her Minnie jacket has the cutest ears on the hood! And thank you parents for getting Halli that adorable owl back pack that doubles as a leash! ;)
We were quite the scene pulling our luggage while pushing a double stroller. here we are on the shuttle to the airport.
Halli and her best bud Daxton.
Mark and Mickelle who made this trip happen!
Cuties holding hands. Love this photo!
Halli loved pointing out all the characters on Dax's shirt
"It's mickey! Donald duck! Poo-to!"
Happy that the flight is over!
The girls actually did really well! It was flying home that was a hot mess. They were both so tired and were therefore fussy the whole time. And they both managed to spill our complimentary beverage all over themselves at the same time! What? How does that happen! Good thing I had brought a change of clothes for them.
anyways..
We rented a car which was so nice! And we stated at Clarion Hotel. We recommend it to everyone and recommend booking it through Getawaytoday.com. They took real good care of us!
palm trees on palm trees on palm trees!
sidenote:
Tyler had been suffering from a cold for the last week before the trip and fate chose our first night in Cali to hit the rest of us with it. Hayden was up ALL night with a fever, runny nose and tiny little cough and I had a sore throat. Halli also had a cough, runny nose and slept fitfully waking up several times. I ended up having to make a 2 am CVS run to buy infant tylenol, a nose bulb, nasal spray, thermometer etc. I was fighting to stay positive that this would only last one night and that our whole trip wasn't doomed. Unfortunately Hayden still had a fever in Disneyland our first day there and looked miserable =( So the fact that I had not gotten more than 3 hours of sleep and was worrying about Hayden hindered my first day at Disney experience =( Thank goodness her fever broke later that night and all was well the rest of the trip!! =D
So I put together a slide show for your viewing pleasure. It has pics and videos! Some of the pics are ones that are below but who cares!
First day in Disney!!!!
On the bus on our way! She was so excited! Pointing at every bus driving by that had a Disney character on it and exclaiming "There's Minnie! There's Mickey!"
Unfortunately because of the hellish night we had, we didn't get to Disney right when it opened so we missed all the characters out and about to greet everyone. But Halli still was pointing to everything that we passed and wanted to ride everything that she could see.
A big let down...the magical kingdom all covered up for construction....
A cute daddy daughter selfie
We put a hospital mask on Hayden while she was in the stroller the first day. We didn't want her catching anything while having a fever.
This photo cracks me up cause both the kids aren't looking.
Keeping the kiddos entertained while waiting for the parade to start.
Tired toddler problems..
Hayden pretty much looked exhausted like this all day poor thing.
But she still managed to smile amidst her fever =(
Hayden's hat..haha
They kept them on long enough for a photo!
Halli loved the parade and was waving to the characters saying "hi Mickey!" It was so cute to see.
one thing I didn't get a picture of but that we loved was the Finding Nemo ride. Tyler and I(and Halli of course) loved it. One of our favorite rides actually haha. Halli was waving at the submarine window saying "Hi Dory! Hi Nemo!" It was a really well done ride. And I was able to nurse Hayden discreetly in the dark ;) score!
Toon Town!
I remember few things from my two trips to Disneyland as a child. One of the big ones was Minnie Mouse's house and that growing cake! Halli had to touch and climb everything.
This was me when Hayden was sleeping or it was a ride that she couldn't ride on. Tyler and I would switch off occasionally but I enjoyed sitting and reading my book =)
Churros all day!! =D
This is what it's like in the off season! I don't want to see what it's like in the on season...
We decided to call it a night around 730-8 because of Hayden's fever and feelings of exhaustion! But as we were leaving Disneyland we saw all the characters out! So we definitely had to stop and meet them/get a signature. We got Halli a Disneyland postcard to get all their signatures on(Which I didn't even know was a thing that they did until we decided to go on this trip and my sister informed me of all that I needed to be prepared for. Thanks sis!) She loved handing it to them and she held it close the whole rest of the night!
Halli was a little nervous with Goofy.
Mickey was so cute to Hayden. He was making little squeaky/kissy noises at her while she was grabbing his nose. Although I suspect the person inside was a woman because of how much attention they were giving to Hayden.
Our first meeting with Pluto. Halli was a little hesitant. Our second one went much better =)
He's signing her post card ^^ Looks like he's playing peek a boo though haha.
Showing Daxton her signatures =) He had the same card.
Halli's first bath with a boy!
Day Two was spent in Disneyland California Adventure!!
D.C.A. is soo cool! I had never been and I was so excited!! There is so much to do!
And Cars Land is incredible! I love that movie.
As you can see, Halli was so excited again. She kept saying "I riding on a bus by myself!" Haha. She insisted on being by herself on her own seat.
Halli's favorite Car's character is Mater. So she was real excited about this! This is also the only picture we have of everyone-minus Hayden-together. 
This pic would be so cute if Halli actually looked like she was enjoying herself! Haha
Love this gal!
These cuties loved A Bugs Land.
Daxton's laugh is the cutest thing ever!
Poor Halli was exhausted! She never does this.
One of the best things ever about D.C.A....The Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory!!! Tyler and I ordered this twice during our trip...I wish we had one close by!
Then when she woke up we decided it'd be a good idea to get a family pic haha.
The parade was so much fun! Bubbles were everywhere and Halli was waving to everyone!
Then we rode the Mickey Mouse Ferris Wheel! I don't know if you can tell but there are little moving pods on the inside of the wheel that move back and forth as the ferris wheel moves. We went on those =D
Mickelle was kind of freaking out since she's afraid of heights.
The kids loved it! Halli loves sitting by herself silly girl.
Tyler was waiting with Hayden cause she was sleeping.
I took a video during one of the loops that I put in the slideshow.
A favorite moment: Tyler teaching Halli about making wishes.
"I wish for candy!"
Walking to Disneyland from D.C.A. to get a good seat for the firework show!
On Sunday
We visited Tyler's mission in North Edwards California!!! We went to the same ward he served in and after sacrament there was a line of people wanting to talk to him =)
I only got one pic and it's of Halli passed out a church haha:
I failed to take anymore pics but I finally got to meet some of the families that took him in while he served in this area. We also had dinner with one of them. The coolest family!!! They loved Tyler and had him over for many dinners when he served in that area.
day 3 in Disneyland/D.C.A.
aka last day
This pretty much sums up our last day at Disney:
Happiest place on earth...is it really though? Haha
Halli and Daxton had it rough. They were exhausted from 5 days straight with no naps! Just cat naps in cars or on shoulders. What a rough life! But in between tantrum throwing we did get some rides in!
We usually got to the park at different times than mark and mickelle, that's why we are alone in this pic. Ideally we should have gotten a group pic at this spot but with kids it's hard to think of everything.
Halli's faces crack me up
Riding the little train. Hayden is eating her foot.
cute sidenote:
Tyler holds Hayden and Halli in both his arms quite often like that ^^ and whenever he does he says: "I got my girls!"
So one day I was holding them like that and Halli said:
"you got your gools"
I knew what she meant and it melted my heart!
The second time meeting Pluto Halli went right up and hugged him! I was so glad she did cause I think it's the cutest when kids hug them. She also kissed his nose!
Afterwards while we were walking away she said
"I love poo-to!!"
Everything is cuter when she says it =)
I took a selfie on nearly every ride we got to ride on just the two of us =) This was Tyler's first time on Thunder Mountain!
One of Halli and Dax's favorites: Dumbo!!!
Cars Land...We loved Cars Land! It was incredible what they were able to do! We really did feel like we were in Radiator Springs!
Here's a video that Google+ made out of Tyler's videos:
We took turns with Mark and Mickelle going on the adult rides. We would get fast passes and then grab a stroller pass so it was like having two fast passes. Made it lots easier since it lets you skip half the line!
Cars Land is especially cool at night!
By the end of the night both kiddos had had enough! Like serious meltdowns for no reason.
But we had fast pass tickets to see Fantasmic so we stuck it out and thankfully the kids settled down when Mickelle whipped out some glow sticks!
I'm so glad we stayed because Fantasmic was probably one of the best things about the trip. I mean it's hard to pick a favorite but Halli still talks about "Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald on a boat!"
Here's a video Mark got of Halli's favorite part:
okay so frustratingly I am unable to add the video to this post...
Last day in California!
We checked out of our hotel at 11 and went to Downtown Disney.
Which was amazing!
The biggest Disney store you've ever seen!
We let Halli pick out some things and got some souvenirs =)
This is what Halli wanted:
The cars from Cars. Haha. She loves them! She lines them up, plays with them in the bath, puts them in her little owl back pack, you name it!
SO so so thankful we were able to take a family trip to Disneyland!!!! It was so worth every penny and the memories are priceless!!
Halli has been wanting to watch non stop youtube videos of the Disneyland parades and Fantasmic show that other users have uploaded.
Now we're dealing with PDTD which stands for Post Disney Trip Depression. Haha jk jk...but really ;) it's a real thing.
Until next time, Disneyland!!!







































.jpg)











imgur.com" />





























I'm so glad you guys had such a great trip! Now let's plan a CMC Disney trip! :)
ReplyDeleteNext time make it a disneyworld trip and we'll show you a good time :):)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I love this SO much!! We made so many good memories and I'm so glad you guys were here with us!! ❤️
ReplyDeleteIt IS a real thing. I cant believe you rode the swingy ferris wheel! it scares me. Fantasmic is amazing, did you happen to see World of Color? It's even better!
ReplyDelete