26 week update and such

Some of you faithful readers or longtime friends may recall a pesky short cervix problem I had during my pregnancy Halli. It was so annoying. I was not put on strict bed rest thankfully but pretty much every other restriction there is you can think of, I was on. But I made it to 39 weeks and even had to be induced because I was so dilated without consistent contractions. Docs say there's no way to tell if I would've made it that far anyways or if I made it that far because of all that I was doing. More accurately, what I WASN'T doing. no sex no exercise no lifting Pretty much no doing anything that wasn't absolutely necessary to get through my day.  I don't think I could go through that again with a toddler who won't even let me walk anywhere in the house without her in my arms. If she asks for something that I have to go get, she will not let me go get it without carrying her. Otherwise a full meltdown ensues. Good thing she's barely weighs 20 lbs but still. Nothing over 10 lbs was docs orders last time.
ANYWAYS to get to the point of this post, i've been having regular ultrasounds every couple weeks since 20 wks to measure my cervix. It's been 3.5 beautiful cm up until today.
Today i'm 26 wks 3 days and it measures 2.5 cm.
Not terrible considering at 27 weeks I was measuring 1.7 cm with Halli. I'll take 2.5 over that. But I was still put on "pelvic rest" and given vaginal progesterone.
I still have plenty to be thankful for and it could definitely be worse. So i'll take what I can get! I have another ultrasound in two weeks to see how i'm doing...i'm hoping and praying that it's not shorter. Tyler has a work convention in Atlanta that spouses are also invited to in May.
Um yes please!
I will be so bummed if I am not able to go with him because of this :(

Now for some fun ultrasound pics! The tech was sweet enough to  do some 3D images! =) I had a weird dejavu moment during this ultrasound session. We were trying to get baby H to change positions and I started saying "come on little Halli-" oops. Not Halli. And it kept happening throughout the rest of the ultrasound in my head.
The growth looking things on her head is the placenta.






2D side profile =)



I've popped in the last two weeks I think. 

I've been trying to teach Halli as much as I can about my belly. I tell her there's a baby in there and that it's her baby sissy. Then sometimes she'll point to Tyler's belly or her own belly and say "baby."

I also taught her to give baby sissy kisses. I caught a cute vid of it =)





What else have we been up to? Well, lots. Here are some random pics!

passed my glucose test on April Fools Day.

Halli and I were stricken with bronchitis for what seemed like forever! 
Poor thing had a fever and was so unhappy. 
So far Tyler has not gotten sick knock on wood!

 Halli refused to eat in her high chair until we figured out that she just wanted to eat with us at the table.

 We finally got grass in our apartments courtyard! It is actually artificial grass aka turf but you would never know! It is glorious! It's been under construction for over a year trying to figure out leakage problems. Yay for it being over! We are out there every day. It's especially nice that it's right outside our apartment door. Since the grass got put in Halli has learned to say "outside" but usually settles for "side." and she is obsessed with blowing bubbles. She loves them and is really good at blowing them. It's so cute to hear her say bubbles but also annoying because of how often she wants to blow them.
We even had dinner out there the other night. Mmm B.L.T.s =)

A cute pic of Halli watching her favorite show "tub tubs." Teletubbies have taught her how to say "big hugs" or just "hugs" "toast" and "buh-bye." and "uh-oh." She loves them and can say all their names. It's especially cute to hear her say "la-la" and "poe."

 Thanksgiving Point pics after we had just devoured delicious Art City Donuts.


 Went night swimming in a 90 degree pool with our high school friends complete with hot tub and personal water slide! Would love to do it again many times! 

 Halli loves her stroller and if we leave it out she will climb into it all by herself ready for a "walk."

 We live across from the new temple construction going on. So we decided to check out the progress. I love seeing Moroni up there!



Halli loves counting her toes =) She put the blanket over her head by herself. She's a weirdie. 

Got into my first accident with Halli. It was pretty scary so I am thankful it wasn't worse than a fender bender. I'm also thankful that I was in in our neon and not our barely a year old Hyundai. I was turning right but didn't have my own lane so if the car behind me wasn't turning as well they needed to slow down. Well the lady behind me didn't notice in time to brake unfortunately. I was almost fully turned when she hit me so the damage wasn't terrible. She was really nice and apologetic especially seeing that I was pregnant with a toddler in the back seat haha. We filed a claim with her insurance to get it fixed because we're going to try to sell and it devalued it quite a bit with the damage. 
This accident was a week and a half ago and our car is already fixed and looks brand new! We are lucky that an honest person hit us and was willing to cooperate.  


Well i'm sure I could talk more about ourselves but i'm just gunna leave it at that! =) 

HAPPY EASTER THIS SUNDAY! =)




Comments

  1. the video of Halli kissing your belly and saying "sissy" MELTS. MY. HEART.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts