Baby girl #2

The week before the appointment I asked my girlfriend if she would take some gender reveal pics...but I couldn't decide what I wanted to do. I kinda wanted to keep it simple since we'd taken a cute one already to announce the pregnancy. Pinterest gave me the idea of having just Halli with a balloon since it would be her getting the little sibling. We had to take a pic with each color =) They turned out amazing as always when Ash takes photos.




We went to Fetal Fotos on Friday Jan 24th. I was 14 weeks 5 days. I was up at 5 am that morning with my mind racing of all the possibilities! Mostly I was just so excited to see the baby again. 


 Seeing that sweet little wiggling, moving, healthy baby was indescribable. I don't like to say this but it was more special this time around than with Halli at this time(in that same spot) over two years ago. We love Halli SO much now but with your first, things are just still so new and a little strange. Now that i've been through the whole cycle of pregnancy to birth and mommy hood I have a bigger more tender heart it seems. I know how much i'm going to love this little one. I know what it's like to hold them in my arms for the first time. I think another reason I was a little emotional this time is because of what happened two and a half months ago. It just all feels like a miracle and I feel so lucky every day!

 The moment we saw those little legs spread eagle we knew instantly it was a girl!
 We were thrilled!
Halli will love a little sissy =) and a huge plus is that all the girl clothes are in the same season! Absolutely doesn't mean I won't still buy some(understatement) new things for her ;)





We got plenty of gender shots to make sure there wasn't anything hiding...if ya know what I mean!
 I was spoiled with Halli's name. I LOVE it. Possibly more than I love my own name. I'd had her name picked out since jr. high.
This time around...it's really a weird and uncomfortable feeling to not have a single name in mind!!! But finding out  it's a girl has helped a lot in the search. We have a list now and actually have found a name we really like which didn't catch my interest at all before. Weird how that happens! But I will not be sharing until she makes her arrival. I probably won't even know for sure myself until I see her anyways.
We got a video of the ultrasound. It's long but it's magical to me every time I see it.
ps it will take a few seconds to start.



 Right after the ultrasound, we had dinner with my family and revealed the gender with cupcakes. I poked a hole in the top and filled the inside with blue or pink frosting, then frosted the top over with white. I had to make double the cupcakes-5 blue 5 pink for them cause I had to make them ahead of time. Everyone had a cupcake and took a bite at the same time. It was so fun. 
Most everyone guessed boy because I wasn't as sick this time around. Plus, on my side there isn't a single grandson yet for my parents. 

It was a little torturous having to wait 'till Sunday night to announce it to Tyler's side of the fam.
I wanted to share my news with the world! 
We told them about the same way we told my family-with cupcakes. It was a surprise to everyone except Tyler's mom that we were announcing the gender. So that made it fun and difficult at the same time. All anyone knew was that we had brought the dessert. Everyone was super excited but a lot guessed boy. It was also Tyler's mom's birthday celebration so that made it even better!

A picture of me that night. You can see a bit of a belly but this next picture with my shirt lifted...

BAM! This time around my body is not shy to letting it all out! =)

Halli is used to being the center of attention and eats it up! I hope it's not too hard on her when the new baby comes!


Comments

  1. I'm so thrilled for you guys! I love how you announced it! Jealous you got to go to fetal photos! My old OB's office does gender ultrasounds at 14 weeks for $50 and Darrin says no :(. He said, "That's like paying $50 for expedited shipping when we know we're going to get the package anyways. We never pay for expedited shipping!" HAHA! I couldn't really argue with that besides it's killin' me :). You seriously will love having two siblings next to each other the same sex! What great parents you are! Also, in response to your comment about my 12 week belly, haha, I really think that picture makes me look way bigger than I am. A few days ago I thew a bridal shower and all my friends told me I didn't look pregnant-but just that maybe I was a bit bloated from eating too much lunch. haha. I think I look more pregnant that they said I did but really I think that 12 week picture on my blog makes me look way big. haha. So happy we're prego together again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, you are such a wonderful mom! What a miracle this little girl turned out to be. So excited for the sibling love! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts