As of late

I figured I'd blog about life lately...


I have read some incredible, completely separate books lately. Let me share them with you.







































Austenland is currently a movie in theaters!

I highly encourage anyone who hasn't read these works of art to pick one up pronto! I am a sucker for stories taking place way back when.
And obviously if you haven't read the Divergent series you are way behind the times! Get on that! Not only is it becoming a movie but the third one comes out this month!

                                               


















Check me out on Goodreads to see the books i've read and recommend.
I love books.
If I could, I would buy every single book i've ever read =) I love owning books! Before I got married I
spent way too much money on them. Loaning them to friends who needed a good read brought me a lot of joy haha. One day...

Life lately has been really busy =( for Tyler that is. He is in his second to last semester before he graduates in information systems!! Which also means that he is taking his last few core classes which are at all times of the day everyday except weekends! So he doesn't come home most nights until close to Halli's bedtime =( BOO. He graduates in April though! We're almost there!

I am learning HTML to keep my mind fresh and it feels good to learn again. I teach myself from a website called Codecademy.com. Tyler convinced me that it would be a really useful thing to know and possibly down the road when i'm good enough I can get a job working from home doing HTML work. That would be ideal. Tyler taught himself HTML/CSS years ago and it has gotten him to where he is now which is quite amazing.

I don't remember if i've ever talked about this on here so in case you're wondering...I had planned to graduate college but i guess my plan wasn't His plan because I became a mommy instead =) I wasn't close by any means to graduating. I was working on getting into Respiratory Therapy school at UVU after switching my major from nursing when we got pregnant. We've talked, thought and then talked some more about if I should go back and sacrifice quite a lot to get a degree that I wouldn't even use and decided it's just not the right time yet. Maybe someday when we are finished having babies I might go back...but for now I am happy being a full time mama to sweet Halli.

I haven't blogged about Halli in forever! She is growing up so fast =( She is now walking! She took steps here and there but it seems one day she decided it was time to ditch life on all fours. This was the first day she walked further than like 5 steps. We were having a bbq at the park and she wanted to enjoy the splash pad. So she did! =) Sept. 7th


I love her more than anything but I am so thankful she is walking now so we can now go outside for her to unleash some energy. It's not like we couldn't go outside before but I would cringe as she crawled across the cement and sidewalk. She would get so dirty!
We finally got her some actual big girl shoes the other day. She is size 3 shoe size. She walks great in them thankfully. She has recently discovered the joys of a slide. Enjoy these videos!




I wish I could constantly be recording and then I would never miss a moment when Halli does something adorable! Here are some dancing moments of hers i've captured. It melts my heart when she moves her cute little body to a song. She loves a good beat!

Halli's 15 month appointment was a little traumatizing and she didn't get a single shot! 
I think she is starting to recognize the dr.s office and associates it with pain =( haha.
her stats: weight 17 lbs 8 oz 6%
length 28 in 1%
head 47 cm 83%
So pretty much she's an orange on a toothpick ;) haha.

Halli loves bringing me books to read and food to eat. This book in particular is her new favorite "Only In Dreams." I rented it from the library and it looks like I might have to add it to our permanent collection.


 I love when she looks through books by herself. So cute.

We have this toy store in Provo that Halli LOVES! She pushes around this cute little cart and puts all the bouncy balls she can find into it.

this is her favorite place to sit. On Daddy's gaming banana chair.
My girlfriend let me borrow their "Baby Signing Time" dvd. Halli's in love. It's a life saver. I turn it on during my most desperate times of the day. Which is usually the last hour or so before Tyler comes home. I will definitely by getting our own copy. It's helped her start signing back to me!
Here she is signing! My SIL Megan was babysitting her and captured this cute video! I never thought i'd see the day where she actually signed back to me. Finally! It feels like i've been signing to her for forever! She will sign "water", "food" "baby" and "more."
Halli eats bubbles...gross.

Halli and I watch Live with Kelly and Michael every morning together, followed by a Dr. Oz rerun, then maybe some news...and then Halli takes her nap. Yep mornings are not my forte. I am an absolute bum in the morning. Tyler and I are night owls. Going to bed at midnight is early for me. I strive to get to bed by midnight if I want to be in bed "on time." That happens mostly when I have things to do in the morning.

Halli stories:
Halli escaped her crib!! I don't know how it happened but it did! Her crib mattress is on a low setting but I guess not low enough! I woke up to her the other morning to her pounding her little hands against the door screaming! =( She was upset but not hurt anywhere. I felt so bad though =( Her crib comes up to her chest when she stands but I guess we need to lower it even more. Yikes! How I wish we could've captured it on camera.

We were eating dinner one night when Halli sneezed behind us in her high chair. So I said "bless you" like I always do and then we hear this little tiny "bwess ooo" behind us! Tyler and I both looked at each other with out mouths open then started busing up trying to get her to say it again. Still has yet to say it again but oh I wish I could've captured it! Like I said earlier..I wish I could 24/7 be recording.


EEEEEKKK It's October!

I love this month!
Here are some pictures of my decorated apartment.






we got a new table! It's not too big but it fits our little family perfectly right now!


WELL THERE YA GO HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS LITTLE UPDATE =)




Comments

  1. Your decorated apartment is SO CUTE!!! I love the candy corn tree - so creative!!

    Halli is soooo cute. Crazy that she escaped her crib!! Glad she's okay - but I'm with ya, that would've been [entertaining?] to see on camera! Haha :) Curious kids.

    My mornings are totally sluggish too -- it's like, I exercise [with youtubes], then we sit around for a bit... sometimes he watches Signing Time, we usually catch at least part of The Price is Right.. then he goes down for a nap! Haha :) I know - it's so hard to go to bed early when it's that beautiful solo/adult time..

    So exciting she's signing!!!! I'm having that same thrill over here! [is it "Signing Time with Alex & Leah" ?? do you get the songs stuck in your head ALL THE TIME like I do?!]

    Jaden has "Only in Dreams" too!!! It's his favorite book! Don't you LOVE it!? So creative!!!

    That's so great you're learning HTML! Wow, way to go! What a handy skill -- I should look into that! :) And I commend you for being a full-time mama -- it's harder than a lot of people think!!

    Exciting that Tyler's almost DONE!!!! yay! Oh, that'll be nice to have him around more :)

    I wish I were more of a reader!!! Next time I'm feeling the urge to read a good book, I'm going to come back to this post & pick one of these you recommend. :)

    You're so cute! I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts