introducing the newest member of the fam.
Exciting news! We have a new baby!
We have wanted a new car since well...haha ever since we bought our Neon! When we got engaged, neither of us owned a car. So this beauty was all we were able to afford at the time:
We bought this very used, manual(except for transmission was automatic but everything else was manual.) 2004 Dodge Neon with almost 90,000 miles on it. So we shouldn't have been surprised when not even 6 months in, she crapped out and needed $900+ dollars worth of work! It was something that was unforeseeable aka an electrical problem. Ugh! Some stupid PCM chip that controlled the fuel injection blah blah blah it sucked. Took us months to get fixed and all figured out. Which is why I think we wanted to buy new.
As soon as we payed off our Neon, we started saving for a new one. Tyler had been doing lots of research, asking questions, investigating which cars we would be interested in/could afford. I was beyond excited when we were looking. In order to go to the dealer with Tyler though I had to promise to keep my mouth shut because I am probably the easiest person to read/sell. I hate the whole salesman thing. UGH. I wish it was just black and white. Plain and simple. But it's not. It's complicated and I wonder if that's why people stay away from dealers? I don't know. Our experience was great though given it was our very first one.
We knew we wanted this car going into the dealership which was dangerous{according to my salesman husband} because it made you an easy sell. But we had been looking at Hyundai's for a while and couldn't get our minds off of them. They are really good looking cars and you get a lot of bang for your buck! 38 mpg on the highway will save us lots of money traveling to and from Murray 1-2 times a week!
basically what i'm trying to say is...this new car is a huge deal for us!! We have never owned/driven nice cars. It's weird to own a car we're actually proud of! And also kind of scary. My first time driving it I felt slightly uncomfortable. It's just so nice and brand spankin' new! I practically gave myself whiplash pushing the brakes for the first time. Such a difference from our Neon we've been driving the last almost three years.
Anyways, I just had to post about this because it's just so exciting for us =) Haven't decided whether we'll try and sell our Neon or just keep it. Not gunna lie, it would be so nice to have two cars. But not if it costs us more money than it's worth with insurance and everything.
P.S. Halli will be 10 months in two days!!
Isn't she soo pretty??
2013 Hyundai Elantra
2013 Hyundai Elantra
We have wanted a new car since well...haha ever since we bought our Neon! When we got engaged, neither of us owned a car. So this beauty was all we were able to afford at the time:
Yes this pic is from our wedding. It's the only one I can find of our car.
As soon as we payed off our Neon, we started saving for a new one. Tyler had been doing lots of research, asking questions, investigating which cars we would be interested in/could afford. I was beyond excited when we were looking. In order to go to the dealer with Tyler though I had to promise to keep my mouth shut because I am probably the easiest person to read/sell. I hate the whole salesman thing. UGH. I wish it was just black and white. Plain and simple. But it's not. It's complicated and I wonder if that's why people stay away from dealers? I don't know. Our experience was great though given it was our very first one.
We knew we wanted this car going into the dealership which was dangerous{according to my salesman husband} because it made you an easy sell. But we had been looking at Hyundai's for a while and couldn't get our minds off of them. They are really good looking cars and you get a lot of bang for your buck! 38 mpg on the highway will save us lots of money traveling to and from Murray 1-2 times a week!
basically what i'm trying to say is...this new car is a huge deal for us!! We have never owned/driven nice cars. It's weird to own a car we're actually proud of! And also kind of scary. My first time driving it I felt slightly uncomfortable. It's just so nice and brand spankin' new! I practically gave myself whiplash pushing the brakes for the first time. Such a difference from our Neon we've been driving the last almost three years.
Tyler test driving it.
the night we brought her home.
first family picture =)
We have plans to get it tinted =)
P.S. Halli will be 10 months in two days!!










Love the new ride! She looks like a beauty :) (Ps...I'm glad you gave our dear friends, the Murdock's, some business!)
ReplyDeletethat car is gorgeous! so happy for you guys! love that you took a "family picture" with it! bahaha!
ReplyDeletePersonally, I thought the broken trunk held shut with the driver holding a rope was a winner... ;) Congrats for a car with no worries!!It's beautiful.
ReplyDelete