10 months.
double digits already??
I don't even know where to start.
Let's start with Halli's actual 10 month birthday. On the ninth of each month, I always take pics of her in her cute onesie and post an Insta. But something unexpected happened that changed my plans. Halli and I got home from the store to my carbon monoxide alarm going off beeping loudly and repeating "warning: carbon monoxide." I thought ugh so annoying, how do i turn this blasted thing off. Then I realized that carbon monoxide is a silent deadly killer and I should probably take this seriously. So I did the responsible thing and left my apt {with Halli in tow} to call maintenance. Unfortunately we ended up waiting almost two hours to get it all checked out and taken care of. {Thanks DougandLarissa for putting up with us staying at your place during dinner!} Ended up just being an over sensitive alarm because no carbon monoxide was detected. Annoying? Yes. But i'd rather have an oversensitive alarm than one that won't work on the day it actually needs to. AAAnyways that pushed the photo shoot to the next day..and this blog post was pushed to the next week. Oops!
Halli has become a ball of energy. I am trying to savor all the last moment of her sitting contently on my lap. They are becoming rare these days.
Her third tooth is cutting through on the roof of her mouth. She is noticeably more fussy during the day but that is perfectly fine with me as long as she sleeps through the night. Which she has done since the appearance of the third tooth. knock on wood. fingers crossed.
She loves anything i'm eating now. I bought these delish Newton fruit thins and she LOVES them. It's actually how I got her to crawl for the first time.
YES CRAWL! She has been SO close for the last like month it feels like. She gets on all fours, wobbles back and forth then her hands reach forward but her legs stay put which lands her flat on her belly. Then she looks like a fish out of water until she can get her legs underneath her again. Back to square 1. Well the other morning{April 8th} I was laying on the couch while Halli was playing and she saw me pull out those Newton cookies. She immediately started whining for one and I held it out to her but it was far enough away that she'd need to crawl to get it. And she did! Wait what? Just like that? YEP! She was holding out on us. She needs short distance goals though. If we ask her to crawl across the room to us she whines and wants to be picked up. I'm sure in no time she will be a speedster and i'll have my hands full. I've already had to change up some decorations and hide cords etc.
It seems in the last week she has blossomed into a big girl baby{does that even make sense?}! We've been trying to get her to wave for a while and FINALLY I was leaving the other day and waved at her and she waved back! Like deliberate waved her hand and then smiled all big like "yep look at me! I can wave!" And she has been doing it since! Crazy girl. It's so fun to just watch things click and see her learn about the world around her. She even started clapping the other day! It's all happening so fast it needs to slow down!
She also has started giving us kisses! One day I randomly put my cheek next to her face and asked her to "give mommy kisses." And to my surprise she leaned in and slobbered all over my cheek! It was the sweetest thing! And now she does it on a daily basis. I guess all my kissing her all the time has paid off!
We captured her kissing Daddy =)
If for some reason this video doesn't work, CLICK HERE.
She surprises me every day. I turn around and she is standing up going through drawers!The kitchen is her favorite. Which is fine by me! I have plenty to do in the kitchen. Always.
It's nice to be able to give her a bottle while she is in her carseat. But it's bittersweet. She is just growing up so fast!
Waiting for her bath =) So cute.
Little nakey babies are the best.
Haha I thought it'd be funny to pixalize this.
Now that she's standing she pulls her self up everywhere including the bath tub while taking a bath! She'll grab the edge and pull herself up out of the warm water! Crazy girl.
She has found a friend in the tub overflow thingie!
I'm so mad this is blurry. I know I know why don't I get a real camera instead of always using my phone?? Well really who has an actual camera with them all the time. Not I.Halli is obsessed with Baby Einstein: Baby's First Signs. But it has to be the Baby's First Signs one. She loves it. She will sit there mesmerized. It's nice at times I need a break from playing entertainer.
P.s. Tyler also secretly enjoys it ;) Hehe!
Halli's Pedi says now is a good time to start weaning off the bottle and getting her used to sippy cups. Hmm really? Seems a little extreme but I tried it anyways. She didn't like it too much.
Taking pics to keep daddy entertained at work.
She loves to chase mommy while on Daddy's shoulders.
I have been wanting to get a video monitor for Halli since she was born. But they are $$ pricey. Well I mentioned it to my dad and he happened to have an old video cam thing. It worked great as long as the camera and monitor were in close range to each other. We just placed the camera on her crib looking down on her sleeping. We loved it. We learned that she rarely sleeps on her back. Always her stomach.
Well a week or so after we'd been using it, Halli learned to climb up all by herself to where the camera was and threw it on the ground! I walked in after i'd heard the crash of something and there she was! Standing tall, holding on to her crib smiling proudly. She has never stood up on the side of her crib all by herself. I've placed her there in the perfect position to do it many times and she can pull herself up. But going from a sleeping position in the middle of the crib to standing on the side had never been done. But she did it! And then we were stumped on where to place the monitor =( The crib railings were off limits now that she can stand up and knock/grab things off.
You'd think after seeing this i'd think to move that cute lamp? Unfortunately no. That lamp has since suffered a fall but thankfully survived and is still working with only a little dent in the shade.
Halli Ann tidbits:
-She loves going outside. She gets quiet and calm and just takes it all in.
-Smiles when the wind blows in her face.
-Smiles when we blow in her face.
-She prefers to feed herself. She'll grab the spoon and use her little pointer finger to get the food into her mouth from the spoon. It's cute and a little frustrating for me because this eventually happens:
I just don't have the energy for bath time after every meal!
-Loves chasing us or being chased and scared. Her giggling is the best sound in the world =)
-Has started clapping back when we clap with her. I love it!
-Can wear 3 month shoes.
-Still wears some 3 month onesies and pants.
-Takes two naps a day.
-Has three teefers. Two on bottom and one on top.
-Smiles at strangers and loves socializing with other babies.
-While taking a bath, she likes to deliberately dip her face down into the water! And then comes up sputtering, gasping for air! I let her do it once so she could learn her lesson but the fact that she keeps trying to do it is beyond me! Silly girl.
-Cries at almost every diaper change. It is discouraging and makes me only want to change her diaper once a day. But obviously I can't do that. She just hates laying flat on her back. UNLESS she is playing with a toy/object to keep her interest. I have to get creative though in objects I come up with during diaper changing time.
-Still wears headbands and clips like a champ!




















Halli is is growing up so quick, and becoming sweeter and sweeter. i love this stage because i feel their personalities really shine through! Amelia yells through diaper changes too- we've learned to always grab 2 new diapers, one to change her into, and one for her to play with. out of all things... go figure! so proud of Halli and all her recent milestones! good luck babyproofing your home! :)
ReplyDeleteShe is getting so big and one busy missy:) I love this age because they begin to show their personality, a taste of the future.. ps I love your crib. I decided to paint mine darker:):)
ReplyDeleteShe is the cutest!!! I bet she & Jaden would love each other, cause Jaden also loves socializing and usually cries during diaper changing time, haha :) I love that picture of her in the stroller - so adorable!! And seriously - naksie babies are THE MOST DARLING THING EVER!
ReplyDeleteWOW! You're such a stellar Mom! You keep such good track of everything! Hali is ADORABLE and I think you're an amazing mommy!
ReplyDelete