Happy Half Birthday Halli Ann

Halli is 6 months. No way.
She doesn't look 6 months to me!

At her 6 months pedi appt her stats were as follows:
Weight: 13 lbs 1 oz 4%
Length: 24 in 6%
Head: 42 cm 72%

Nothing really surprising here. She is still small but not malnourished or failing to thrive. Her head has jumped up in the percentiles though! Last time it was 33% but this time it's a whopping 72%! *Well, that's a huge noggin! That's a virtual planetoid! Has it's own weather system!* NAME THE MOVIE!
I think my niece may have been right though when she said "Halli has an alien head." Haha no jk she doesn't have an alien head...and really it doesn't look or seem really big. It's just weird for us to have something be in the upper percentiles. Her length has gone off the growth curve though and that worries my doctor/Halli's pedi if it continues to do so. The percentile is getting smaller and smaller with each visit. Grow Halli grow!!


picture highlights:
Not too happy about the 4 shots she got in her legs =(


Tyler expressing some fatherly love =)

 Halli graced us with a dinner time blow out the other night. yucky..

 peekaboo!!

We took a nap together for the first time in a long while. It was precious sand I soaked up every minute =)

Another video of her gigglies =)
If you can't view this vid click here.

 We checked out Festival Of The Trees with some friends{same friends we're going on the cruise with} =) 

 this whole tree set up was pretty sweet.

 Haha trying on some knitted hats.



Christmas time with a baby is so much fun =)
 Got our tree up yay!



We leave on our cruise in less than a week now! Our cruise will leave from California{L.A.} and take us to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta...for a whole week!! I'm sort of freaking out. Halli will be in more than capable hands but i will still miss her dearly. I'll need a full report daily from my mom/Tyler's mom on how she is doing{all in under a minute to avoid ridiculous calling fees}. I am also freaking out because I need to have everything packed/wrapped and ready for Christmas since we get back on the 23rd RIGHT before the big day. Tyler keeps telling me not to stress about it..but I am. I've already started packing because I know that if I do it the day before I'll forget things. Lots of things. This way I can pack throughout the week and HOPEFULLY not forget anything!

It's crazy to me that Halli is 6 months and the time for our cruise is finally here.
We've been planning it since APRIL! Halli was still a little fetus. I couldn't even imagine December where she would be 6 months old. Time flies when you're a parent I tell ya.


Halli Ann tidbits:
-Halli sleeps through the night yay! BUT it's in her swing haha. Her pedi says after Christmas we have to disassemble the swing and commit to the crib. Oh goodie I can't wait. No I am definitely ready to finally have her sleep through the night where she is supposed to be. Her own crib! Just not looking forward to the transition of it all..
-She is able to sit up by herself for about two seconds maybe three? Unless she's balancing in my lap. Then she's gotten pretty dang good at it.
-Has started flailing her arms especially when she is looking at herself in the mirror.
-Stranger danger has started to set in but it's not too bad yet. As long as she can occasionally see us. But sometimes when someone she doesn't know or see too often is trying to make her laugh she'll break out in her sad face =( She has the poutiest bottom lip.
-Has started getting better at eating solids. Yay! She loves squash. Now we get to really bring on the solid foods!
-I usually have to bathe her after she eats her cereal. She is messy but I figure there's nothing I can do about it. As long as she's getting some food into the belly.
-Love her little pterodactyl screeches. Ask me in another month or so and i'm sure that won't be the case..haha.
-Slowly starting to get lots more verbal. Still no ma-ma da-da sounds though.


So excited for Christmas! ❄ ❄

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - sorry, I thought I posted a comment twice, so I deleted it! Here's what I wrote..

    Ohh - THE POUT! Doesn't that just melt you!? Good luck with the crib transition phase -- hopefully it's smooth for all of you!! She is such a cute little thing!

    Love your magical Christmas tree! I agree that Christmas with a baby is more fun.

    And EEEK! CRUISE!!!!!!!! :) :) :) I'd probably start packing early too -- good tactic! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts