Christmas time is here

I really do forget how much I love this time of the year.
Notice my little collage of Christmases with Tyler above =)
We really didn't take many pics Christmas 2006, same with last Christmas...but not this Christmas!

One of my favorite things to do at the beginning of December, is go to Festival Of The Trees.
My Mom and I used to go all the time when I was younger and I used to sing in the Christmas performances too.
So it's just something that i've grown to love and Tyler is sweet enough to come with me.
We usually always take another couple with us because it's more bearable that way for him to have another guy there to talk to and go wander off with =)
They can only handle so much looking at trees or standing in huge lines looking at amazingly intricate gingerbread houses =)


Some of my favorite gingerbread houses. 
 Amazing!! They painted the gingerbread white!
Madagascar =)
 Charlie Brown Christmas =)
 so cute =)
The Weasley Burrow =) So clever.
 But the scones make it all worth it for him! ;) They're the best i've ever had!


Tyler's work Christmas party was at Market Street Grill in South Jordan.
I had no idea there was one in South Jordan!
It was so fun!
Unfortunately, I don't think fish is something i'm going to be able to eat very much of during this pregnancy. I ordered tilapia and could barely take a few bites. Ah the joys...
One second something sounds perfectly delicious and the next you find yourself barely able to stomach it!
Eveyone had to bring a white elephant and we got this antique looking metal tea pot with horses on a carrousel that spin around when the water is ready. We will have to give this a try but aren't sure if it will work since it didn't come with a lid...hmm...

We attended a couples Christmas party last night(friday) and had so much fun!
Here we are competing in a couples game where you had to put as many ornaments on the rope using your lips as you could in 1 minute! We did not win, but it was fun and this picture is hilarious =)


We decided it would be fun to take a clever picture to officially announce our pregnancy on Facebook =)
We found a good friend(who is also our neighbor=) more than happy to be our photographer for us. 
Thanks Kristen!!

And here is my 13 week belly pic.
It is not perfect but it will have to suffice. You can see my belly growth even though it just looks like I need to hit the gym ;)
Thought I would include my 9 week one so you can see the difference.

I definitely feel bigger and keep fighting the urge to suck it all in! I keep reminding myself that i'm pregnant and should be proud of my poouch! =)

According to babycenter.com, the baby is now the size of a medium shrimp-about 3 inches. Kind of a weird comparison if you ask me haha.
So technically i'm not out of my first trimester yet. I will be once I hit 14 weeks. Crazy! It's hard to believe I am coming up on 14 weeks pregnant soon. And in less than a month we find out what the gender is! 
Life has been a bit easier with anti-nausea medicine. My Doc prescribed me Zofran and Phenegren. Phenegren makes me wonderfully sleepy at night and Zofran wonderfully doesn't! =)
So i take zofran during the day and the other at night. It's helped significantly, but I still have to eat frequent and small meals and am not invincible(against nausea) yet haha. 
I have been struggling with headaches lately which is odd but I hear it's common around this stage.

Oh I can't wait for finals and school to be over and just enjoy the holidays! =)

P.S. I am braver than I gave myself credit for! My little brother decided he wanted a new pet and bought a python! He named it Monty =)

Here I am letting him slither up my arms!





Comments

  1. Yay so glad you got the zofran! It was my best friend during the day :) you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A VERY common side effect from Zofran is headaches so your headaches could be from that! So glad they're working for you though, Phenegran is my favorite, especially after I had surgery because you just want to sleep anyway you know? We give it to (almost) all our patients and everyone zonks out, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had so much fun at the festival!! I may or may not be copying some of your gingerbread house pictures when I get around to that fun night =) Can't wait for Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts