new apartment, new hair, new blog post! =) finally

Sadly it has been over a month since my last blog post.
Life has been nothing short of crazy and busy and absolutely nuts!
 Can't believe September has already come and gone! But I am in love with October so I am happy it is here. I just get sad when it's over..
So I always make the best of it! I decorated for Halloween well before October got here.
Love my Halloween decorations! 
I get to decorate such a beautiful apartment! 
Tyler and I moved in almost two weeks ago now. 
It was such a blessing to be able to make it into these beauties! We love it!


it has taken me forever to get pics up because I want everything to be perfect! 

But really..that's just not gunna happen if you ever want to see pics of our place.
Mmkay?

We are using a lot(nearly all) of hand-me-down furniture which has been so nice! Otherwise we would be going without..
that is until BLACK FRIDAY =)
It will be a big day for us this year. Really it's a big day for me every year(refer to this post) but this time Tyler actually agrees! =D

So until then..we will make do with what we have!
Okay okay here are pics...

I'm going to start with the pics of what things looked like right after we moved in...
The Huntington courtyard at night. Did I mention it's a gated community with underground parking?
oh yes. we're moving up in life =)


Oh yikes..how did we ever do it.. 


And now enter present day.. 

First time Ty and I have had cable in a long time...we're lovin' it!
It also might be the death of us if we're not careful! 
Constant CSI reruns..Friends reruns..Seinfeld..help!





  
LOVE the kitchen!  

Enter the hallway


 Our bedroom is first on the left.

I still have curtains I want to hang up
 We're seriously thinkin' our bedroom might possibly be close to the size of our first apartment...
I really would be curious to know what the sq. footage is.


 =)

This is Tyler's man cave.
And my crafty room.
He loves it in here.

But heck so do I! This is what it looks like when he's at work and I get time to enjoy it all to myself.

Speaking of Tyler being at work..he got a job this last week as a Web Developer with a company called Henry Schein!!! He loves it so much.
And I love it so much because he's so happy =)

I also recently got a job with a company called Eaton Alliance Autism Assistance. My correct title is Direct Care Staff. I pretty much take care of autistic children, teens and adults/couples. 
It's been great so far.

I think everyone can agree that conference was amazing. But of course, it always is. 

We couldn't believe it when President Monson said The Tabernacle is going to be Provo's next temple!!!!!!!!! So exciting!
We can see The Tabernacle outside of our window!
Funny fact everyone always gives us a hard time about..we were living in our studio apt when The Tabernacle caught fire in the middle of the night, and we slept completely through the whole entire thing. Tyler even got up early that morning for work at 7 and still didn't even realize what was going on. OOps! We're pretty deep sleepers I guess.


The only question I have is where are people going to park? I'm sure they've got that figured out though.
Can't wait!!
So i'm aware this pic is totally ghetto but it's the best i've got. I made the arrow with the retouching skills of iPhoto. 
Yes it is the epitome of lazy...don't judge.

During the Sunday Conference break, Tyler and I drove up to our spot in Neff's Canyon to read our scriptures. We were already pretty much up there because of my Grandparents traditional Conference breakfast =)
Aside from the mosquitos eating us alive, it was beautiful!






 
 Tyler taught me about the story of Ammon. 
I am not the best with my B.O.M. stories so he helps teach me and encourage me to learn! 

It was here that we got a phone call from Tyler's Mom informing us that Grandma had just passed away. She had been suffering from scerosis of the liver and was in so much pain. We were happy for her but so sad for Grandpa who is still here without her. She will be missed greatly. What a wonderful wife, mother, grandmother, and friend she was!! Love and miss you Grandma Farnsworth!


So I am sure that most of you have seen pics of my new hair chop =) It was so much fun to do!

Nearly two weeks later and i'm still loving it!

I've wanted to cut my hair for a while actually ever since we got married. I told Tyler about it and he encouraged me to do it and said he'd love it. In fact, whenever I mentioned chopping my hair to anyone they said "do it!!! you've had long hair all your life!" It's true. I have.
But I decided to hold out a while longer.
Well as soon as Tyler told me we could afford to get my hair colored again, I just decided I was going to do it! 
And I didn't tell a single soul!! =)
My hairdresser Brooke asked me 3 times before cutting off my ponytail if I was sure I wanted to do it.
Brooke has been in my home ward in Murray since I can remember and was one of my YW leaders for a good while. She just couldn't believe I was finally cutting my hair off!
About 13 inches cut right off!
Haha I was in shock just a tiny bit after she cut off my ponytail and I looked at my hair in the mirror. But after she colored and styled it I was in love!!

Tyler's reaction was perfect! I showed up at school that night to pick him up from class and he couldn't believe it! We made quite the scene =)

And yes I did donate it to Locks Of Love. 
I wasn't going to because they require the shortest layer to be 10 inches and mine is a little under but I figured they can use most of it! =)
The only hard part has been learning how to round brush it and style it.


On Saturday the 24th I had a craft day with my girlie friends! It was so much fun =) 
I made this candy corn tree..
and this candy corn wreath! Both ideas I got from Pinterest.
Hot glue guns are not my friends. I got many burns! But it was worth it. They turned out so cute! 
Here it is on my door

We held the craft day the same day as the end of summer banquet for Tyler's summer sales job.
 Most of the Tennessee Office.
It was all really well done. We all got free shirts that are actually really nice(in fact if you look at the top of this post of the pics of Tyler, he wearing the shirt. It's grey). And they had all the wives of the sales reps stand up and thanked us for being so supportive. Then gave us a $10 gift card to ColdStone! Sweet! 
So that's where we all went afterwards =) 

P.S. if any of you are wondering, we had a great experience and Tyler did really well doing summer sales in Tennessee.
(i miss TN nearly every day! I don't miss the sales part at all..but I sure do miss the state and the people.) It was definitely something we had to experience and try out once. But not twice haha. We found out that Tyler has a hard time with anxiety but we lasted up until the very end which is a huge deal for us! I am so proud of Tyler for sticking it out. We had no idea how stressful it'd be! But like I said, we had to try it out once!

 Seriously though, I would love to go back to Tennessee! If Tyler ends up getting a job there when we graduate, I would be thrilled! The people there are amazing! 
Not a huge fan of the weather or bugs..but i'd still definitely be willing to go back! 


Look at the giant zucchini my mother grew in her garden! She has a beautiful garden and I would one day love to grow my own fruits and veggies! She's made chocolate zucchini cake, Zucchini spaghetti and stuffed zucchini which have all been amazing!


WOW
I am sorry this post has been soo long. But It's been soo long since I updated it!!
For those of you who made it this far in my post, you will be rewarded! =) Haha

You have to check out the video on this site!
This guy climbs mountain sides without any rope!!!!! He's crazy! But soo cool. 

You also must see this video. Oh you will not regret nor forget it. SO funny.
Thank you Megan for showing this to me!


and lastly, if you go to UVU or have tried parking at UVU you will enjoy this next one!


Hooray for Halloween!! =D 



creepy!
this photo is from my parents house =) My mom's cute decorating! Love it! This is the "planter box" my parents call it and the stairs wrap around it. 


Happy October!

Comments

  1. I love your new place! And your new hair! So much fun :) We want to see y'all soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That German guy is adorably cute, especially his rage for daddy long legs! And your short hair is SO cute! I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I can't wait to see the new apt in person! It's been weird to not see you everyday sense we've been back. We need to at least make it a monthly thing, though more than that would be preferable! You're hair, apartment, and crafts are so cute! You lucky girl you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a fun post! I love you two, we should definitely get together sometime! We wanted to get in those apts but they were full when we went by, but we love ours too...blogpost to come soon :) But I'm sure we'll see you on Saturday, thank you for your sweet words about Grandma. You're too cute!! Loves

    ReplyDelete
  5. hopefully it was worth the wait. im glad you guys finally got in. it's nice to have residents i knew beforehand so i know you'll be good... and if you're not i can just whip you into shape! haha jk... i know i won't have any problems. anyway... love all the pictures and updates and the wreath. love love loveeeeeeee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally jealous of your new apartment and all the room!!! It looks so fun! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts