33 weeks

I never know how to respond when someone asks how this pregnancy is going and if it's been harder than my last two etc.
Because here's the thing: 
if I didn't have two kids already, this pregnancy would be a pretty standard, manageable pregnancy.

But being pregnant while raising two close in age, young, energetic and lets not forget emotional children is no joke. Oh and also trying to still sell LuLaRoe. What a joke that was. I almost quit so many times that first trimester and then finally did at 16 weeks. It just got to be way too much to handle and the pros of selling did not outweigh the cons. So therefore, this pregnancy has been my hardest. All the emotions, hormones, depleted energy levels made so much worse because i'm raising or trying to raise two kiddos etc. It's like my life after I became pregnant all of a sudden felt really hard and unmanageable. I have had some dark days and sometimes weeks. I definitely was not myself for a period of time. It's like I could not handle the little things that we are supposed to be able to brush off(and that normally I can). I still feel like a complete mess a lot the time and am pretty terrified of adding another to the mix but we know this is what we want! Lets just say standards for what to expect from my daily life have dropped significantly ha.

Anyways, let's talk about the most recent news. I think most of you reading this know that my cervix is a little unique. It likes to shorten but thankfully has done it's job getting me full term with my last two pregnancies. But it shortens enough that it makes us all nervous and I have to be on restrictions.
I had my ob appointment a couple days ago and with my history she decided to check me. I am 33 weeks today and 2 cm dilated, 60% effaced. If you don't know what that means, it means my cervix(that holds the baby in and is what dilates during labor) is preparing for birth. It doesn't mean i'm in labor but that's the scary part is my cervix dilates without any contractions. It just opens and if it opens on it's own before we want it to well tough. I was not dilated at this point with my last two and actually got to a 6 with both my girls without any labor and it made my ob VERY uncomfortable. She joked that if I laughed or sneezed too hard the baby could fall out haha. So at 38 weeks she "unofficially" induced me. She told me when to come into the hospital claiming to have frequent contractions and then they would admit me and she would break my water which got things going and I gave birth a few hours later. 

That was my ob in Provo but I am pretty sure if I am past a 5 and am still not in active labor, my current ob (which is also a girl.) will "induce" me. We shall see but I would be surprised if I made it past 37 weeks but that is the goal! So my ob will now see and check me every week and I am on a new set of restrictions but I can handle that for the next month! I will keep you all posted with how I progress.

It's pretty embarrassing but here is my attempt of taking actual progress pictures: (like I have with my past two pregnancies.)
 9 weeks. 13 weeks. 20 weeks. 

Then after 20 weeks I kind of fell of the face of the earth. Ha jk but the next time I took a progress photo was at 30 weeks and I couldn't even find the dress.

Thankfully I found the dress and just barely bribed Halli to take a picture for me since Daddy is napping. It turned our about how you'd expect:
But I don't even care. Oh man my lack of caring has been badduring this pregnancy. Good thing it's a boy and would even be bothered by the lack of documentation!

I told Halli if we went on a walk that we could look at spooky houses in our neighborhood if she took photos for me.





Nor for some outtakes I will only post two even though there were wayyyy more:
I'll call this one: are you sure you're getting all of me in it? 

And then this one: I can't believe I asked a 5 year old to take pictures of me and expect to get a good one. But she came through! Yay Halli! 


Comments

Popular Posts