Firsts...
Tyler and I have known each other since we were 13.
Here is a link to our full blown love story that I wrote out last Valentine's Day:
Our Love Story
So obviously we have a lot of firsts together. A first that we surprisingly don't have a story for though is...the first "I Love You."
Shocking right?
Most couples have that monumental moment that they first said "I love you" and who said it first yada yada. Well..we don't remember who said it first because we have been saying it since we were 13 years old! Tyler even wrote it in my 7th grade year book! We just have always thrown that phrase around and when we started dating officially in high school we said it from day 1. It just was the thing you did in high school when in a relationship. One story of a first we do have though is the first time I told him I wanted to marry him. It was after only a month or two of dating!! Oops!! But we seriously could not go a day without seeing each other and it felt so right to tell him how I felt. He did not react how i'd have hoped ;)
So here is how the story goes:
Tyler was driving me home from hanging out or a date I can't remember and I just couldn't stop thinking about how much I loved being with him. So I said something like:
"Ya know, if we were in college right now I would wonder if this was the real thing. If you were the one."
He was completely SILENT!!!
We were holding hands but he did not say a word as he kept driving looking ahead. I wasn't even sure if he'd heard me so I didn't say a thing either and probably changed the subject eventually. I didn't bring it up again until a long while later when he asked if I would write him on his mission!
Um HELLO?! Is that even a question?
So I said "um didn't you hear what I said all those months ago about you being the one?!" and he said: "Haha yea sorry I didn't say anything back I wasn't ready to think about marriage and it kinda freaked me out!" ((Can't blame him there I was crazy to think like that))
HAHA!! He said he had never ever thought about marriage and was not ready to think that far in advance!! But that he was ready to now and wanted me to wait for him!! Cloud 9 moment to hear him say that.
cloud 9 moment.
So that's my little story about my young, naive 16 year old self thinking about marriage in 10th grade!!
Here is a link to our full blown love story that I wrote out last Valentine's Day:
Our Love Story
So obviously we have a lot of firsts together. A first that we surprisingly don't have a story for though is...the first "I Love You."
Shocking right?
Most couples have that monumental moment that they first said "I love you" and who said it first yada yada. Well..we don't remember who said it first because we have been saying it since we were 13 years old! Tyler even wrote it in my 7th grade year book! We just have always thrown that phrase around and when we started dating officially in high school we said it from day 1. It just was the thing you did in high school when in a relationship. One story of a first we do have though is the first time I told him I wanted to marry him. It was after only a month or two of dating!! Oops!! But we seriously could not go a day without seeing each other and it felt so right to tell him how I felt. He did not react how i'd have hoped ;)
So here is how the story goes:
Tyler was driving me home from hanging out or a date I can't remember and I just couldn't stop thinking about how much I loved being with him. So I said something like:
"Ya know, if we were in college right now I would wonder if this was the real thing. If you were the one."
He was completely SILENT!!!
We were holding hands but he did not say a word as he kept driving looking ahead. I wasn't even sure if he'd heard me so I didn't say a thing either and probably changed the subject eventually. I didn't bring it up again until a long while later when he asked if I would write him on his mission!
Um HELLO?! Is that even a question?
So I said "um didn't you hear what I said all those months ago about you being the one?!" and he said: "Haha yea sorry I didn't say anything back I wasn't ready to think about marriage and it kinda freaked me out!" ((Can't blame him there I was crazy to think like that))
HAHA!! He said he had never ever thought about marriage and was not ready to think that far in advance!! But that he was ready to now and wanted me to wait for him!! Cloud 9 moment to hear him say that.
cloud 9 moment.
So that's my little story about my young, naive 16 year old self thinking about marriage in 10th grade!!


Comments
Post a Comment