Our first week in our new house.
I have scary story that I want to share along with an update with how we are enjoying living in our first house. Basically on Tuesday evening, Hayden escaped our backyard. Halli was sleeping on my bed and Hayden was doing her daily begging to go play outside. So I let her out and started unpacking things. About 5 mins later, I came across something that belonged in Halli's room and went upstairs to put it there. As soon as I entered her room I was reminded (by the spirit, Hayden's guardian angel, heavenly father, it for sure wasn't coincidence that I remembered at that moment) that sometimes our backyard gate doesn't latch properly and I just knew she had escaped. It was the weirdest feeling but suddenly I just knew. I dashed down the stairs and when I looked out the front windows I nearly died.
Few things are sexier than a man cleaning a kitchen!! Haha. We still have to put handles on the cabinet doors and have a ton to unpack. I think one of my favorite parts of this house is the openness of the layout and being able to see the girls outside from the kitchen, dining area and living room. We're also obsessed with the yard! Thankfully it's not too hard to mow with our new Honda mower :)
A few more random pics. Love our front door!
Just took this picture so that you can see for yourself what I'm talking about and how scary it was.
She was playing in that gutter right underneath where the arrow is pointing. All the way across th cul-de-sac by the road!. I screamed and sprinted out there so fast even though I only had socks on. I slowed down when I approached so that she wouldn't try and run from me like she sometimes does. The minute i had her in my arms the tears of gratitude and fear from what could have happened started flowing. Those few seconds though after I spotted her i wasn't sure if I was about to lose my baby girl. All it would have taken was a neighbor coming home and not seeing this little thing playing in the gutter. Especially because it was around 530 that it happened and that's a busy time of day for people to be coming home. She has such an adventurous personality that drives me nuts sometimes! We figured out a way to fix the latch thank goodness. The whole rest of the evening I was a little shaken up and couldn't stop crying. (Halli would ask me why my eyes were leaking haha!). Since then, both tyler and I have thanked heavenly father in every single prayer we've said for Hayden's safety. It also has made me want to be a better, slower driver and never take my eyes off the road again for anything in case someone else's little one decides to escape. I took this picture a litte after it happened and her face cracks me up. I had been hugging and kissing her so much you can tell she had had enough.
Hug your little ones tightly and check your gates! Haha
Onto other news, we are so in love with our new house. The move went so great since we had been doing little loads. We still rented a 26 ft Uhaul and filled it up!
The girls are SO happy here and are always in our back yard. We had my parents dog over for a day and he was in heaven with our backyard. The girls also love our big tub and that little seat is Halli's favorite thing to line her toys up on haha.
Breakfast when sissy is at preschool. I'm in love with the white and gray make over we did to half the kitchen and living room area. I'll do a before and after post later when we are unpacked. I wanted to paint the whole house agreeable gray but wow painting is so much work there was no way we could do it plus the kitchen cabinets. Eventually we will paint the whole house.
Hayden loves Dusty so much.
We got ourselves a new table! The girls love the bench!
Few things are sexier than a man cleaning a kitchen!! Haha. We still have to put handles on the cabinet doors and have a ton to unpack. I think one of my favorite parts of this house is the openness of the layout and being able to see the girls outside from the kitchen, dining area and living room. We're also obsessed with the yard! Thankfully it's not too hard to mow with our new Honda mower :)
A few more random pics. Love our front door!
The box our couches came in which is Halli's new fort!
Halli and her grandma doing some gardening in our front yard :)
And of course I have to give a huge shout out to my Dad who built us a little fence! Can you imagine just building a fence like it was nothing?? He's so talented and had all the tools required. It's a hobby of his to make and fix things with his hands :)
So nice to have the peace of mind that the girls won't fall off accidentally :)
I'll do a bigger post later after we are all unpacked and things are decorated :) follow my Snapchat to see more until then. Username: Annieandersen


















Comments
Post a Comment