Hayden and Halli's last 3 months
So remember when I used to Blog??
I have been editing and adding to this post for months! But I usually just end up getting distracted or ya know, tending to the needs of my children. I also love reading my book: the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. Hmm blog or escape into an exciting, ancient world of mist and allomancers?
It's obvious what usually wins ;)
The difference between my blogging patterns now vs. my blogging patterns after Halli was born are stark to say the least. I find myself wishing I hadn't set the bar so high for myself with Halli's first year of life. I mean blogging about each and every month? I just can't live up to that standard now. I am lucky if I get a single pic of Hayden on her "monthly mark" let alone make a special month onesie and take a whole photo shoot of pictures.
31 posts in 2011.
34 posts in 2012.
21 posts in 2013.
13 posts in 2014.
Good grief.
But despite what my blog might depict...Hayden is still equally loved! If not more so ;) Jk Jk...but it is easy sometimes to want to escape the terrible twos to a sweet, smiling, happy, little baby.
I also don't think I can make a post that lives up to how much we adore our Hayden. She is practically perfect. Her only imperfection is her aversion to going to bed....she just wants to stay up with mommy and daddy. So we're working on that but I can't complain about anything else. She finished her last appointment for her torticollis right before Christmas.( Notice how she holds her head in some of the pics below. It WAS always cocked to her right until lately.) We saw a physical therapist every week for a month in Nov-Dec. She was diagnosed with it at her 4 month appt when they noticed her resistance to turning her head to her left and a flat spot forming on her head. So after a few changes, stretches and diligence she is good to go!
Hayden has been sleeping in a crib for almost 2 months now. Because of her torticollis, a swing was no longer a good option. Her head would always slump to her right after she'd fall asleep. After the first night in the crib was out of the way she did better than expected! Since she can now roll both ways I will find her sleeping on her belly now every time I get her.
This picture was taken after her first all nighter. BUT she also didn't get to sleep until 1 am. Not our choice, HERS. But she slept till almost 10 am! I'll take it! It's happened very randomly since. Some nights she'll sleep 8 hours straight! While others she's up very 3-4 hours...thankfully those nights are getting more rare and it's usually at least 6 straight hours now. Update: the past couple nights she's been up every 4 hours...grr!! It's probably because I wrote that those nights were getting rare.
Hayden's 4 month appt and stats:
11 lbs 12 oz. 6%
24 in. 28%
40 cm head 46%
6 month appt and stats:
13 lbs 9 oz 8%
26 in. 53%
42 cm head 42%
This photo cracks me up. Peekaboo Hayden!
First experience with rice cereal.
She loves her solids now! She mostly loves veggies more than fruit and I mix it with oatmeal.
This is how it goes feeding her lately:
She loves that spoon and cries whenever I take it away haha. This video also shows how smiley and cute she is!
her favorite sleeping position:
So we actually moved her into our master bathroom around when she turned 6 months.
best decision ever!
This was where she was before and after
Since Hayden arrived, we don't use our master bathroom anymore because our room became her room pretty quick. Before the crib it was the swing in it's place so she's always been sleeping away in our room. Sidenote: We have never used the master shower. It's big and open and since we already have another shower/tub in the hallway we thought: storage! Booya!
So we finally have our room back! She sleeps perfectly in the bathroom and now we can enjoy our room again! I read my book in bed for the first time in 6 months and it was heavenly! Definitely took it for granted before.
When I take a lot of pics one after the other my phone puts them in collages like this.
Hayden is always trying to escape if we don't buckle her in. She is a much more mobile baby than Halli was. I wouldn't be surprised if she starts crawling before Halli did too!
She is the smiliest baby i've ever seen! It takes next to nothing to make her smile. Just as long as she is fed and isn't tired of course haha.
Hayden is the easiest baby. This was the set up during our New Years Eve sushi outing while Halli was being watched by grandma. We propped her up in her car seat and boy does she love that moccasin.
I love these cute sisters!!!
Notice Halli holding one of her beloved skeletons. She's obsessed.
Hayden's hair gets into a knotted mess after she wakes up!
love them.
I had been out and Tyler called me saying Hayden had woken up and was hungry. And I came home to these sleeping beauties!
I've decided I have extreme babies...one would only take the bottle, was bald and scream bloody murder when in her car seat for the first few months of life. Now this one will only take the boob, has ridiculous amounts of hair and loves her car seat!
Some Hayden tid bits:
--she won't take a bottle.
--she won't take a binky.
--is extremely ticklish. I can't even put lotion on her without her cracking up.
--snoozes in her car seat every time. every single time.
--loves sweet potatoes.
--LOVES eye contact!
--Enjoys bath time very much.
--hates going to bed early. takes cat naps in the evening.
--loves her naps during the day. Great napper.
--is a roly poly.
--okay sleeper at night. not as good as big sissy was.
--can be very wiggly, active, screechy, restless and so much fun!
We love our Hayden Rose!
like seriously Tyler and I talk daily about how we just want to eat her adorable squishy smiling face!
**I realize that I am leaving out Christmas but that is for another upcoming post**
Halli Ann also deserves to be talked about.
She is the best big sissy.
here are some tid bits about her:
--LOVES Hayden. Like it's her favorite thing to get her up in the morning or from her nap and celebrates when she comes into the room.
--although, she dislikes being touched by Hayden. Like she'll get all up in Hayden's grill and then wail when Hayden reaches out and touches her face. or even just grabs her shirt. She freaks out.
--drinks her bath water...against my will. Blech!
--loves her "train tracks." Every day she asks "play my train tracks with me?"
--She also loves to play catch. As this video so accurately depicts:
--Won't let me bathe Hayden without jumping in there with her. Or right after I get Hayden out.
--loves her dance parties with Daddy. It is the cutest thing. Every day we have these dance parties while making dinner.
--she has this stool from Ikea that she carries around all through the house with her. It's her "dool" and she uses it to.do.everything. In the morning to turn off her white noise, night light and then brings it to the kitchen to get her cereal, or wash her hands or seriously whatever. Then at night she brings it to the bathroom to brush her teeth/hands then into her room to pick out a book, turn on her white noise, her night light and then off the light. It drives us nuts but she will not depart from her precious stool. We've tried.
--Another thing that drives me nuts is how independent she is. I mean I love that she loves doing things herself but sometimes I do something for her without thinking (or knowing that she wanted to do it)and she flips out.
I take care of Halli most of the day every day and this is what I get:
my favorite "He's at work! I miss him."
Halli and I played in the snow together!
Only way I could get her in so that we didn't freeze was to tell her we would make {cougar} blue hot coco!!
So I feel that I need to mention the crazy thing that happened to us a couple weeks ago. All is well but Halli still randomly says "I hit my head mommy. On the table." So here's the story for documentation purposes:
Halli's life flashed before our eyes today. We had baby blessing today and while we were at the open house, Halli was running back and forth down a hallway while we were eating. She would come take bites of food from me occasionally but then continue running and having a blast. Well I didn't see it cause I was in another room but Tyler said she was running and didn't see the table and ran right into the corner and fell back and hit her head flat against hardwood floor she didn't start immediately crying so we just thought she was taking a big breath to let out a wail cause she does that sometimes. Tyler brought her to me and as he handed her over she started going limp, turned blue and her eyes rolled back into her head. I started screaming and since I was already sitting, threw her to the ground and we started hitting her back to dislodge what we thought she was choking on. I remember Tyler yelling HELP and it scared me even more to hear that! People rushed in and thank the heavens above she coughed and started breathing again. I was shaking and started bawling. We hugged her and rocked back and forth for a while to try and calm her. For a second I really thought we were going to lose her. Sounds dumb to say that but I can't tell you how scary it was to see my child's eyes roll back in her head as she was turning blue. We are now in the emergency room because she is showing signs of a concussion and we would rather be safe than sorry. Crazy emotional day. Life is so fragile! Hold your babies tight! Never know when it will be
the last time!
Halli and my cute mom at Cheesecake Factory =)
She is obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. This is her watching it while holding her Minnie Mouse.
P.s. Those are Halli's naked legs. She likes wearing her pj's half on sometimes.
Holding Mickey and Minnie by their tails haha.
I'm sure most of you saw that we're going to Disneyland! We planned this before the Measles thing got crazy but we feel confident things will be okay! Just kinda sucks that it's happening during the ONE time we happen to be going to Disneyland. We're going with another little family{mark&mickelle+Dax} who have a boy Halli's age. It's both their first time! So excited!
Less than a week now!
p.s. another {exciting} blog post to come!
and no. i'm not pregnant.





















.jpg)








.jpg)
.jpg)


Yay! Proud of you girl... I love pushing the 'post' button when I'm finally done with a blog! You're girls are the cutest! I love looking through these pictures (since you hardly post elsewhere)!? Lots of love to you and your girls!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteHooray for another post! I can't believe how big Hayden is getting! Disneyland is going to be so much fun--take tons of pictures to share! Let's get together soon!
ReplyDeleteOh I miss that little girl! Both girls! Can't wait till the wedding. Love the post!!
ReplyDeleteI love my girls :)
ReplyDelete