Hayden Rose birth story

Meet Hayden Rose.

She is the sweetest thing! She has answered every single one of my prayers.
Made it to full term CHECK!
Has a full head of hair like I did as a baby CHECK!
Breastfeeds CHECK!
Actually sleeps! CHECK! except she has her nights and days mixed up like most newborns.
She's petite like her older sissy CHECK!
I could go on but basically Hayden is an angel and we love her so much!

So here's the story.
At my 36 week check up I was 3 cm 70% effaced.
At my 37 week appt I was a 3 1/2. She then gave me the option to schedule an induction when I hit 39 weeks since I was induced at 39 weeks with Halli because I was 6 cm dilated. So I had an induction set for Tues July 15th! It was so nice to have a date set.
At my 38 week appt on 07-11 at 9 am I was 5 cm 80% effaced. So my OB gave me the option to get my membranes stripped to see if that would help put me into labor. um YES PLEASE!
She told me that if I started contracting to go to L and D even if they weren't close together or even progressing. She would then break my water and let me progress on my own.
By noon that day, as I was walking up and down center street with Halli, I started feeling some contractions. Tyler was already on his way home from work since he works 40 mins away and his boss let him leave early so that he could be there if my water broke. Thankfully we have family all over that was able to come watch Halli for us.
I didn't even realize it was 7-11 until my gf suggested I get a free Slurpee on my way to the hospital =) ha!
I was admitted to the hospital at around 5ish, got the epidural immediately, then my doc broke my water at around 6. I progressed as a massive rate until I stopped suddenly at 9 pm at an 8. I was at an 8 for a while so they gave me some pitocin to get things going again. by 11 I was ready to push!
It all happened so fast after that. I pushed two or three times before I saw her head appear but before I could oo and awe over her hair, I was shocked to see the cord wrapped tightly around her neck! =( My ob worked really fast and tried to untangle it but couldn't so she clamped and cut it all in what seemed like a blink of an eye. Hayden was really blue and not really crying so the skin to skin I wanted immediately after birth was postponed a bit so they could get her to pink up. They had some respiratory therapists come in to make sure everything was okay and within five minutes she was back on my chest for some uninterrupted skin to skin =) It was then I saw the mop of black hair on her tiny head! I was so surprised! Whenever I imagined Hayden I would see cute little bald Halli.
She weighed 7 lbs 2 oz which was exactly Halli's weight! Born at 11:11 pm which creates such a fun birthday! 7-11 at 11:11. 19 1/2 in long.
I was so lucky to have one of my best friends Mandy there taking pictures for us! She loves photography and is so talented! I love these photos so much! I made a slideshow of them so enjoy!

here's two in case one doesn't work

if you're on a smart phone click this  ^^ and it should open on your phone

and in case you don't want to watch the slideshow, which I don't know why you wouldn't ;)...here all 77 of them are:
















































































Hayden looks nearly identical to me as a baby.


 but not so much Tyler. Halli is more Tyler.



Hayden looks nothing like Halli's sister in my opinion! Although I do occasionally see a baby Halli in her eyes and nose. Down below I made a slide show of Halli's birth so you can refresh your memory of what Halli looked like when she was born.
I feel a little bad saying that I am so happy Hayden is completely unlike Halli. I was so worried i'd get another Halli who was one of the most particular, fussy newborns. I won't go into it but basically when Halli wasn't sleeping she was crying or fussing. Hayden offsets Halli perfectly! But not only is Hayden a better baby but this whole experience has been a complete turn around from last time. Maybe it's because we know what to expect this time but I haven't experienced any post-partum non-sense that I experienced last time. Ugh it was terrible.
a thought on giving birth the second time:
The after pains are much different and maybe a little worse with your second. I felt like I was going into labor all over again every time i'd breastfeed Hayden and sometimes just randomly. My uterus was contracting ten fold to what it did in early labor! As sucky as that may sound, it also helped in the size of my after belly. Looking back to what I looked like a couple days after giving birth to Halli is completely different than what I looked like a couple days after Hayden. SO that's a plus. But you also do still have all those wonderful pains as well just add a contracting uterus.
Hayden is border-line jaundice and we have been to the lab 3 times now to get her heel pricked to check her levels. If they haven't gone down by Monday she'll go under the lights.
She is a great breastfeeder except she doesn't like to eat for very long! I have to keep waking her up and prodding her to keep going. But I will take this problem any day over Halli's aversion to the breast.
Also we have been really blessed to have been able to just worry about taking care of and getting to know Hayden this whole week. My mom and Tyler's mom have had Halli since we went into labor last Friday so one week! I am missing her like crazy! Which I suppose is a good thing because things are going to be crazy once she gets home. My mom is bringing her today and then staying with us for a week to help us transition to two kids!
Thank you Mom! 
I wrote this Friday(yesterday) and that is when Halli came home. It was so cute I might as well share about it. The second we saw Halli again she looked like completely different child to us. When I picked her up I swear she weight 10 pounds heavier than before! Tyler thinks she really did gain weight at her grandma's but I think we're just used to a teeny tiny 7 lb newborn. She does seem so grown up to us all of a sudden though that's for sure.
As soon as she walked in our door she and saw Hayden she squealed and jumped up and down and immediately tried to give Hayden her "bink." I wish I would've caught it on video but it was a moment to be enjoyed =) and then of course she then tried scooping her hands under her and said "hold it hold it." I can't believe how much she loves her sissy!



She kept pointing to Hayden's heel that got pricked earlier that day and saying "owee"

I am just going to post photos from the hospital and going home. I will do another post later on home life =)
Get ready for picture overload...they may be slightly out of order.
 tradition to take a pic right before we leave for the hospital




 My best friend slash personal photographer Mandy =)

so fun to have my sister here. She was living out of the country when I had Halli. 
sister selfie!
She also got me big sister and little sister outfits!



Tyler's first time holding her. He was walking around and just smiling down at her. There isn't a better sight in the whole world =)

Tyler's mom
 Tyler's brother Devin, their little boy Tim and Sarah =)



 Our friends Spencer and Nicole who became parents two months ago and can't believe how big Grace feels to them now seeing her next to Hayden =)


 Megan and Maddy Tyler step siblings =)



Halli with a present for her baby sister.

so happy to be reunited with Halli for her to meet her sister.



 As you can see Halli did amazingly well meeting Hayden. She didn't want to let her go! I added some videos below of her holding Hayden and meeting her =)
it was so cute. Halli yelled at her little cousin "stop!" when she would touch Hayden =)



Halli wanting to hold her again as soon as Tyler took her. It was adorable =)




 My big bro Orson =)
My sister getting some Hayden snuggles. 

 Hayden with her "sleep sheep" from my mom. It plays white noise as well as a mother's heartbeat.











 I have to wash her hair every other day or it looks super oily. So that's a bit of a con with lots of hair ;)






Leaving the hospital. I was way bummed to leave haha. I loved my hospital stay and the nurses, the room service food, the 24/7 help.
But it was super fun to come home to a decorated in pink apartment! Thanks to my sweet mama and sister!





My sweet talented sister in law made my car seat cover! Thank you Sarah!

Here are some videos my sister took of Halli meeting Hayden.





I could probably write more but I just want to post this already. Hope you enjoyed! =)

I never made a video of Halli's birth so here it is!


Comments

  1. holy cow, lets talk about how amazing you look..! before birth, during birth, after birth...?? not fair!! gorgeous. and your sweet little family! congratulations! so happy for you guys. love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this! I could have watched a few more videos and seen more pictures, though. Love you, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie I loved this and of course want to hear more! I miss our chats, but I am so excited to come back and meet little Hayden and hang out again! I'm so glad she's such a sweet and happy baby :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Annie! My heart is just melting for your cute little family!! SO happy Hayden is easy going and second time around has been a little easier for you-- you need it with two babes! Loved this birth story! Love your sweetie Halli loving on baby sis! You'll have to blog as often as you can to give me some tips when it's my turn! And I agree with Kelli... dang girl! You're a total babe before, during and after delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if my last comment published :(. SO happy for you guys though and am obsessed with the pics! I may have cried. It made me SO excited to meet my baby! 38 weeks today...we'll see...not a big fan of this waiting game :) Oh, and her HAIR!!! Oh my goodness it's amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I acutally kinda think Hayden and Halli look similar as babes, but I would have to see a side-by-side. So glad she's an easy baby. I'll pray for one of those. Can't believe you have two children! Congrats to your cute fam!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts