36 weeks and stuff


so...
I give birth next month!
I have been hesitating writing this post. Because I don't want it to be full of complaining. Whenever someone asks me how i'm feeling I try to usually say Can't complain! Because i'm pregnant and I know how much some women would give for that opportunity. But I can't honestly say that i'm doing great anymore when people ask...
Now with that said, if you don't want to hear me complain, skip on ahead.
I've been having lower back pain for a while but about a week ago I started experiencing what some would call sciatica or pelvic girdle pain. It's on my whole right lower side and I can barely walk let alone carry Halli. Obviously, I have to do both but it is miserable. I know things could be worse but it's terribly discouraging wanting to get things done with Halli like grocery shopping, fun family outings, walks, etc. and not be able to enjoy it or even do it because it hurts too much. This just came on last weekend after I took Halli to the Aquarium and then the next day Tyler and I went on a big shopping spree to Ikea, Target and Costco while Halli was being watched to get things ready for baby. I think all that walking may have done something. I am lucky I am in my last few weeks and that this is a temporary thing.


 couldn't decide which one I liked better of the two.




I'm 36 and a half weeks in this pic. But whatevs. I am past caring about little details.





I haven't been blogging nearly as much with this pregnancy as I did with Halli's. I had a girlfriend tell me that she hasn't heard much about this pregnancy so that must mean it's going well! And it's true. Halli's pregnancy was more high risk and gave me reason to blog more. That and the fact that I had so much more time!
I had my 36 week check up today{6/27/14} 36w4d along to be exact and am:
3 cm dilated
70% effaced
Too bad that is no indication for when i'll go into labor. I sat at a 4-5 with Halli for two weeks!
Other than this pelvic back pain, everything has been about the same as my first pregnancy. My cervix held up better though this time around! I hope that doesn't mean i'll sit at a 5 for two weeks and end up getting induced when I finally hit a 6...


Onto other news..
Tyler got a new job!
Whenever I say this to friends/family they get confused and say but I thought he already had a great job in his career? Well yes that is true. But he'd had that job for going on 3 years and in the tech industry it's sometimes not good to become stagnant or to plateau. Tyler felt that right after graduation was a prime time to go job hunting to see if there was anything better suited out there for him. Turns out there is!
Meet the newest employee for The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints technical team. His official job title is software development engineer or sometimes to keep it simple i'll say web developer. Tyler is loving it and loving being challenged to learn more and keep rising in his career. He's had this job now for over a month!


Summer so far (pre-pelvic pain) has been a blast!




 We have a pass the the rec center by our place and we've loved using it!


Visiting the Aquarium with my family. So fun and Halli is obsessed with ocean animals and fishies. She knows all their names! Eel clownfish starfish octopus etc. 
I think it may be time to watch Finding Nemo =)
  


Trying to get a pic of all the girls together. Those are Halli's only cousins on my side.

             


 I think the penguins were Halli's favorite. Besides the many fishies. 



 Swimming at my parents condos. 

visited the new Museum of Natural Curiosity with friends. Loved it! 


Maybe my next blog post will be introducing our sweet little girl! I am hoping to make it till at least the 4th =) Then please please please baby girl come soon!

Comments

Popular Posts