Class of 2014 and third trimester.

I remember years ago whenever friends would ask Tyler when he would graduate college and he'd tell them
spring 2014.
and I would think
wow 2014. They'll probably have hover cars or the cure for cancer by then. 
Basically I can't believe it's now summer 2014! And Tyler is a graduate! It was such a fun weekend!
I am sad it's over actually. Here are the pics documenting such a momentous occasion!



Tyler participated in both nights of events and i'm so glad we did! Thursday May 1st was the commencement/procession where the 5,000+ graduates all gathered and walked through the UVU hallways on the way to the UCCU Center. All the professors were lining the halls and clapping for them and Tyler said it made him feel emotional for the first time about graduating =) I got the chills just hearing about it. Having the bagpipes leading them in also gave me the chills. Here's the video I took just in case you want to see what i'm talking about.

Then they had speakers and honorary doctorates were given. Two of them were to UVU alumni who had gotten metals at the Sochi Olympics! Noelle Pikus-Pace and Christopher Fogt.

 switching their tassels to the left side =)


Friday May 2 was when he got his name called received his diploma! =) My parents got there super early and saved front row seats! Thank you mom and dad!!

Bachelors of Science in Information Systems & Technology =)

There were some family members not able to attend so here is a video of it for those who'd like to see:


 His department all got laptop bags with their degree and stuff on it =)














Afterwards we went to The Spaghetti Factory and enjoyed ourselves some italian. It was so much fun. So proud of Tyler! And big thank you to family who came to support Tyler! =)



third trimester!

I am now officially in my third and final trimester. That is a little nuts! Some really great news is that at my last ultrasound last week my cervix hadn't gotten any shorter! If things are still looking stable by the end of this month at my next ultrasound {32 weeks} they won't measure me again unless I start having preterm labor signs obviously.
I can't complain about anything out of the ordinary with this pregnancy. It's pretty close to how Halli's was: heartburn, indigestion, pelvic rest etc. The only thing different this time i've noticed is swelling in my feet if I walk around or stand more than usual. Like this last weekend. And my shins ache at the end of the day. Icing them helps immensely =)
Still terrified to have a newborn and a toddler! I feel like it will go better than it did with Halli though because it's not such a big adjustment this time. We've already had a kid for two years and no longer remember what life was like without her! That was the hardest part for me after having Halli. I missed my old life of freedom + some post-partum depression. It took a lot of adjusting for me. This time there will still definitely be some adjusting i'm sure but i'm hoping hoping hoping not to go through the same post-partum blah-ness I did last time.

Our good friends from high school had their baby this last weekend! We felt like it was a good practice round for Halli to go visit them at the hospital. Well let's just say that she has a long way to go!
 She broke down like literally started sobbing as soon as Tyler held little Gracie Rae. So we placed her next to Tyler and she was pretty upset for the next like 20 mins and then snuggled into Tyler's chest when it was my turn to hold the baby. So let's hope things will go smoother when her baby sis gets here!
Look at that hair! So cute =) Makes me more excited for our newborn a couple months away!


Onto other news:
We have been having the worst luck with our neon lately! 
First the accident and now our first hit and run this last week. In a Smith's parking lot. No idea how it happened obviously because the person didn't leave a note. It's not a huge deal...but still annoying! The day after this happened, Tyler and I both felt like it wasn't time to sell this beauty yet. Literally every day we've had the car up on ksl we have needed to use it. For example, I had an ultrasound and Tyler had a work lunch meeting at 11 am the other day. Things would have gotten complicated if we'd only had one car. And with another baby coming...we just felt better about keeping it haha. Don't know why it took us this long to realize but I am relieved! Well let me rephrase, it took Tyler a little while to come to terms with keeping instead of selling =)

Tyler is going to Atlanta next week for a work convention and I am not going with him. Airlines (and ob's) don't like you flying if you're under observation for preterm labor. Thank you cervix!



Comments

  1. Huge congrats to Tyler!!! Such a big accomplishment!

    You look SO GOOD!!!! My goodness, you just put the glam in pregnancy! ;) I'm with you -- adjusting from 0 to 1 kid was way harder than I thought it'd be... losing all that freedom! I had some postpartum blues too!! I hope you don't have to go through that again! I'll cross my fingers for you. That's also what kinda scares me out of having another kid... bah! We'll see -- you'll probably make it look so fun that I'll change my mind ;)

    Totally sucks about your car - ugh! Lame!!! Glad you get to keep it, though ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts