Happy Birthday to Tyler and happy halfway mark to me!
A lot has happened recently that I feel must be blogged about.
First things first, I'm halfway there to becoming a momma of 2! I sometimes don't feel like I am even old enough to be a momma let alone of two!!!
Just for kicks and giggles I made some collages =)
I definitely think I am bigger this time around. But i'm fine with that =)
Here's a gif of my 15 week and 20 week self. Aren't gifs fun? When I take a lot of pics in a row my phone automatically makes gifs.

15 weeks

20 weeks
Lately I really lack motivation. Especially motivation to get myself ready. Halli wears me right out and it's the last thing I feel like doing. I can't complain about this pregnancy though! But if I had to, I would complain about the heartburn. It's the worst and was with Halli too.
So remember this post? Well I was worried that at my big 20 week ultrasound my cervix would already be shortening because this is my second pregnancy with a short cervix. Well thank the heavens! At my big ultrasound last week everything was measuring perfect including my cervix! They are however going to take another one in 4 weeks and then another 2 weeks etc. Just in case. I'm just so grateful.
Second, Tyler turned 25! He's halfway there to being 50! He's a quarter of a century. Since his birthday was on a Sunday we celebrated in Murray all weekend long!
It started Thursday when I surprised Tyler with a full tint job on our car. He had NO idea! He knew I wanted a $200 limit for his birthday present but he had no idea what for. He told me after that he had been trying to think what I could get him for under just $200 and he couldn't think of anything. Success!! It was because we hadn't talked about tinting our car for months and months because I knew he'd love it for a birthday present. It's expensive enough that we felt guilty just willy nilly getting it done. For a birthday present however, it's totally justifiable =) I dropped him off at school then sped off to SLC to Krams Mobile Detailing Service(which was recommended to me by good friends and I highly recommend them to anyone!) and then spend the day with my girl Cami while the car was getting it's face lift =) I picked Tyler up around 6 at school. Watching his face as he approached the car was priceless!! He said at first he thought it wasn't our car and stopped approaching it until he saw me appear out of it. Then as he put two and two together he started freaking out a little bit ;)
Check out this new beauty!
Then on Friday we celebrated with a group birthday party at Cheesecake Factory while Tyler's mom watched Halli. Afterwards, we saw Liam Neeson's newest called "Non-Stop." So good!! I had such bad heartburn that it made the movie that much more intense! lucky me ;)

I'm cursing myself for not getting a picture with Tyler =( I blame the heartburn and pregnancy brain.
Throwback to Tyler's previous birthdays with me:
when I took Tyler to Cheesecake Factory after it first opened for his 19th birthday =)
For Tyler's 18th birthday I took him to Mikado's.
Saturday we shopped, relaxed, took Halli on the ride of her life(not ;) and did I mention relaxed?
I am overly excited about Halli's new Toms. I don't even own actual Toms! But these were on sale.
Sunday started off with me making Tyler one of his favorite breakfasts in bed(eggs over easy with toast!). Later in the day we had a big Oscar birthday party at my parents house. The Academy Awards are kind of a big deal in my family. I grew up loving them so much and thankfully Tyler does too. Especially because Ellen was hosting. Oscar tangent:
![]() |
| watching on my parents projector screen is the best. |
Pretty much I can't stop reading article after article about how great it all was. Well when I say article I mean stuff like this, this and this. Oh and have you seen this?
HAHA I LOVE IT!
It always pains me to hear all about how great movies are that I will never see for multiple reasons. I would probably see 12 Years A Slave if I could handle it. I've read all about it and know the story so that's good enough for me.
Halli was spoiled too!
It was such a fun weekend. I was a little down on Monday to go back to regular life. But we have a big vacation in Houston next week to look forward to! I can't believe it's in less than a week....ahh!!
Here are some other random things going on:
Our Neon getting broken into! Now before you freak out, all is well. As far as we know, nothing was broken or taken or even damaged! It has been sitting around for 3 months because of a dead battery needing replacing(hopefully that's the problem) and expired registration so it's not all that surprising someone noticed. We made sure to take things out of it that would be worth stealing but I guess it didn't matter. You can see in the accumulated dust where the hooligans peeked in the window and most likely slid something into the door to unlock it.



Basically they trashed our car. It's hard to tell since it's so dark but they cleaned out everything that was in the glove box and dumped it onto the seat and floor. Same with the middle console. The slightly humorous part is that our lovely neon doesn't have a trunk latch in the front so they had to undo the backseat so see the trunk. So you can kind of see it but we had forgotten about our ice cream maker that was in the trunk. But they didn't take it! They left our baby bjorn too! Also something we had forgotten was in there...oops! We got lucky that they didn't know it was worth anything. We've since taken these things out obviously.

Halli clearly loves her Daddy.
Worst part of the day is when Daddy leaves for work. She grabs onto his leg and gives him hugs and kisses until I have to pry her off him.
First carousel ride! And she didn't crack a smile. Not once. Not to say she didn't have fun cause whenever we pass it she wants to go on it but c'mon child! At give us a smile to make it worth our money at a $1.50 a ride!
So we went on it again the next week. Same thing. Just looked dazed and a little concerned. Oh Halli.
First skee ball experience. At one point she walked up and dropped the ball in the hole. Haha.
Tyler getting his eye brows tamed at my request! =) Yay! Best husband award.
This weather makes everything better!
Reading with Grandma =)
At Smith's trying to have an incident free grocery trip. She loves that thing.
I love this little lady.
When Halli thinks she needs a diaper change she'll go to the changing mat and do this. It melts my heart and I don't know why. It just does. Or if I say "change da bum" she'll get the mat out and lay down on it. Sometimes though she just runs away and waits for me to give up and run after her.
Halli loves her little cousin Tim. He was born at 27 weeks and therefore is such a little guy!
Enjoy Halli's latest stunt:




.jpg)



















.jpg)




This is so cute! Also, for the heartburn....Zantac 150! It saved my life during my pregnancy -- I had super bad heartburn from week 20 till the end. At first, I was eating Tums like candy, until my ob told me to start taking Zantac twice a day (morning and before going to sleep). It worked miracles!!
ReplyDeleteHeart burn is yuck! But you look great :) love the whole post. So fun to read. Halli is adorable and you and Tyler are such a great couple!! Can't wait to see all of you next week!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe Oscars were amazing this year! I loved it too. And wait, you are coming to Houston?!!!
ReplyDelete