Fourth Of July fun
I have so many fun pics from the 4th 'O July that I should probably finally do a post about it.
Every year since I can remember I have spent my 4th in gorgeous Park City. My grandparents on my mom's side owned a condo up there and every year was a giant sleepover/family reunion in Park City over the 4th. My grandpa would even bring up his motorhome for extra sleeping space. It was my favorite time of the year. So many wonderful memories.
Not the best pic, but I blew out my 16th birthday candles in that Park City condo.
Eventually it got too cramped and some families started getting time shares at the Marriott on Main Street. Sadly, a few years ago my grandparents had to sell the condo because the upkeep was getting to be too much for them. But we all still keep the tradition alive and stay a week at the Summit Watch Marriott resort on Main Street. So now that you have the back story, here are the pics:
trying to get the babies to wear their festive sunglasses was quite the ordeal...they look so cute though!
I love my family!
Halli didn't seem too phased at all by the fireworks. She watched them occasionally but mostly just crawled around from person to person seeking some attention haha.
Here's a shot of my cute nieces watching the fireworks. They were being launched right across the street!
The last day we were there we rode the famous Alpine Slide. Tyler's first time! I couldn't believe he'd never ridden it. He loved it! I love it too but I can't shake the fact that one wrong move and I can go flying off the slide burning all exposed flesh in the process =( Happened to my cousin during this trip!
Thanks for reading! =) My 24th birthday is a little over ten days away which means the summer is almost gone! Why does it go by so fast??
Every year since I can remember I have spent my 4th in gorgeous Park City. My grandparents on my mom's side owned a condo up there and every year was a giant sleepover/family reunion in Park City over the 4th. My grandpa would even bring up his motorhome for extra sleeping space. It was my favorite time of the year. So many wonderful memories.
Not the best pic, but I blew out my 16th birthday candles in that Park City condo.
Eventually it got too cramped and some families started getting time shares at the Marriott on Main Street. Sadly, a few years ago my grandparents had to sell the condo because the upkeep was getting to be too much for them. But we all still keep the tradition alive and stay a week at the Summit Watch Marriott resort on Main Street. So now that you have the back story, here are the pics:
my crazy pops prepping the grill =)
Lots of fun bbqs outside the famous "shoe tree."
My girlfriends drove up and met me at Cafe Rio in Park City =) Sam(middle) was about to leave on her mission so it was the last time we'd all be together. We've been besties through many years. I met Sam in the 3rd grade and Cami in kindergarten.
Crazy huh!
Sam and Halli
Cami and Halli
After we got done swimming we decided to lay out a little. As Tyler was leaning back onto his lounge chair he got stung by a bee! I guess the bee was just hangin' out on the back of the chair so Tyler unknowingly placed the back of his arms right over the bee. Yikes! Gives me chills.
Tyler has the worst luck with bees! Since we've been married he's been stung twice! That's a lot considering I haven't been stung for over a decade!
making s'mores in the Marriott's courtyard fire pit =)
with my mom and sister =)
trying to get the babies to wear their festive sunglasses was quite the ordeal...they look so cute though!
Halli and her closest(in age) cousin.
me and my sista =)
Another sunglasses attempt.
matchy matchy! Thanks to my sister who collaborated it all.
So Halli does this thing that I LOVE. She says lots gibberish things now days but I love when she makes this face while saying "eeeooohh eeoohhh eeeooohh" Like when you sing the old mcdonalds song. If you listen closely and tune me out you can hear her sweet little voice!
Fun fact: when I was little I called Mcdonalds "eeoohs" for "old mcdonald had a farm eeiii eeeiii oooh" haha.
Halli loves her baby cousin E.
Halli didn't seem too phased at all by the fireworks. She watched them occasionally but mostly just crawled around from person to person seeking some attention haha.
Here's a shot of my cute nieces watching the fireworks. They were being launched right across the street!
The last day we were there we rode the famous Alpine Slide. Tyler's first time! I couldn't believe he'd never ridden it. He loved it! I love it too but I can't shake the fact that one wrong move and I can go flying off the slide burning all exposed flesh in the process =( Happened to my cousin during this trip!
Thanks for reading! =) My 24th birthday is a little over ten days away which means the summer is almost gone! Why does it go by so fast??



































So fun!!! Sounds like the perfect 4th of July!! Love that you have that tradition and could spend it with family! I also love your matchy outfits, haha :) CUTE! I love doing that. Halli's sooo cute. Bummer that Tyler got stung by a bee - ugh!!! OUCH! Also, I love your swimsuit!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I never know how to respond to questions on my blog, since there's not really a reply button.. ha. But I take some pics on my phone, some on the camera... :) Thanks for the compliment, you're so sweet! And thanks for your sweet comment on my Reset post!! It's nice to have someone who gets it, y'know? Thanks for understanding & being so uplifting! You're awesome!!!
Super cute! Love the matchy outfits :)
ReplyDelete