8 months. and then some.






eight 
    months 
            old

15 lbs of sweetness





 I love this little lady!

Halli started teething today{2/4/13}. It was so random! Okay so maybe I can look back and see some clues here and there the last couple days. But I always attributed her behavior to something else. I would check/feel her gums at times when she was unusually fussy but there was never any hint of a tooth.
Well tonight was different.
Tyler was feeding her before bed and she just started bawling out of nowhere. During a feeding! It's not like her to just start crying while she was getting her precious bottle. I was in the kitchen and thought something had happened to her. But nope, just crying out of nowhere. We tried again but still same thing. Red face, screaming bloody murder =( It was then that Tyler said "maybe she's finally teething." I thought "nahh" but decided to check her gums and there it was! A little white bud of a tooth! I even rubbed my finger across it to make sure it was really there. I couldn't believe I was feeling a tooth when just the other day I looked and there was no hint of teeth! I immediately started tearing up. I don't know why it's such a big deal to me! Halli is 8 months old! It is about time for her to start teething. But I just wasn't expecting it! I'm not ready to say goodbye to her adorable toothless smiles! But I know that two little bottom teeth are going to be ADORABLE. I also am suddenly clueless! I had not been prepared! Good thing I at least have a teether ring I can throw in the fridge.
Any teething advice is gladly welcomed!
Thankfully Halli finished her bottle after I replaced the "slow flow" nipple with a "fast flow" one. That seemed to do the trick.




I finally got a pic of the tooth! 


sad baby=sad mama
update: Well since then she has been doing a little better but sleeping through the night and naps have really suffered. Got some advice from a friend to give her some infant advil in her nightly bottle or during the day when she needs it. It helps a lot{as long as I remember to do it}. I now love catching a peek at her gums when she smiles or whines. Just to see the progress or if another one is cutting through the surface. Sad thing though is she has been coughing more than usual especially when she is trying to get to sleep. It breaks my heart! I hope hope hope she doesn't have anything serious. But I made an appt with her pedi just in case. And I may finally buy a humidifier. I think it will help with her cough. UPDATE: i took Halli to her pedi and she is developing an ear infection =( But nothing too severe with the coughing{no croup or RSV}. I just need to watch it. I got her a warm mist Vicks humidifier and it seems to really be helping her cough at night.

Poor little Halli =( I'm not surprised that she's been coughing because I just got over bronchitis myself. So me being home with her all day, it's only normal she'd probably get it =( In this pic she was enthralled with Baby Einstein while eating lunch. But the heartbreaking part is she had been coughing so hard that she had a tear running down her cheek ='(


Halli enjoying some delicious puffs =)

Taking showers with Daddy =) so cute! I was in the bathroom getting her towel ready to get her out and all of a sudden I hear this "hello mommy!" And I turn around and Tyler was holding her up like that. Hehe! I loved it.

Ha so one night Tyler was kissing/pecking at her cheeks really fast when all of a sudden she lets out this annoyed scream/squeal as if to say "stop it daddy!" Haha it was the first time she'd done that. It made us laugh =)

turban head Halli =)

nothing like a clean little babeh!
p.s. new mommas, isn't hair loss and little sprouting re-growth hairs just the best?? said no one ever.
p.s.s. the pj pants i'm wearing are from 7th grade...sewn by me for girls camp. Yeah baby!

Halli sitting in a high chair at a restaurant for the first time. She did amazing. She loves snacks now and the bags they come in.

Halli and Emma are besties. 

so presh!

Sometimes I play 'Baby Einstein: baby's first signs' while she eats. She gets so enthralled and starts slouching over in her chair. It's cute.

I found her like this the other day during one of her naps! It stopped my heart! I have NEVER seen her sleeping like this on her own. She hates being on her stomach in her crib! She was completely flat on her face. I think I may start trying to get her out of her swaddle habit. But she was okay and perfectly sound asleep =) I am glad she's learning ways she likes to sleep.

 Halli and her cousin Liam sharing a moment =) haha



You're not a Dad unless you've had a bib stuck to your pants right?? Haha. We had just finished dinner when Tyler stood up with a bib stuck to him! So I told him to freeze! Had to capture this moment =)

Her favorite book currently is "Ten Little Ladybugs." Any time I try to read another one, all she'll do is try and reach for it to read again :) Cute and frustrating all at once haha.


Halli started rolling one day! I got it on film. 
Another lunch time video. She started doing this thing with her lips where she sucks her top one in and sticks her tongue out.
Halli Ann tidbits:
-Her bedtime most nights is now 9 and she sleeps through the night! Till at least 8 sometimes 9. 9:30 if i'm lucky. I love sleep. Maybe too much...when she was first born and night time was so unpredictable it played with my nerves so much. It reminded me of when I worked graveyard shifts as a CNA. I dreaded them but I did what I had to do. Sometimes when 3 or 4am hit I would doze off waiting for another light to buzz my pager and wake me..it was the not knowing that I hated. That at any time something would wake me and i'd have to get up and attend to whatever. Whenever I got home from a shift I loved getting into bed, knowing that nothing was going to buzz me awake or bother me. So that's how it was for me when I had Halli. It was hard to get used to and I never thought this time would come where Halli sleeps through the night.
-Halli still has to be swaddled. I could probably get her used to not being swaddled...but I think i'll wait until she can crawl and move around better. We've tried putting her down without her swaddle wrap or the rolled up blankets on her sides and she took a while to get to sleep. Then woke up an unhappy child two hours later. It was then that I swaddled her and put the rolled up burp clothes by her side. She is now sleeping soundly =) Do what ya gotta do for sleep. UPDATE: after I found her flat on her face{^^above}, I decided maybe it's time break her of this swaddle habit. Because I don't want her not being able to roll back over if she rolls over..so we're on night 2 of being unswaddled all night and so far it hasn't been too bad. She is learning =)
-She hates medicine and spits it right out, even when trying  to squirt it into her cheek like the dr. tells me. The nurse aids even told me while trying to give her some tylenol before her shots that she was a difficult one. {Okay amazingly she took her antibiotics{for her developing ear infection} tonight no problem. But I don't blame her! It's the pink stuff we all got as a child and it is soo yummy!}. -She now prefers fast flow nipples over slow =( it makes me sad because she finishes a bottle so fast! Feeding sessions were my favorite because we could snuggle up and she would be content drinking her bottle. And I could read my book while I fed her. I loved doing that. Now I have about 5 mins tops to enjoy that feeding time. Lame. -Says ma-ma now! and lots of other babbles. -She loves her nieces and nephews. Pretty much little people in general =) -Tuesday and Thursdays are lazy days. Because Tyler doesn't have school until 1, so when Halli wakes up I bring her into bed with us and we snuggle cuddle and play the morning away. I love it. what's mommy and daddy up to??
I'm still loving being a stay at home momma to my sweetest little Halli, while Tyler goes to school and works at his dream job as a web developer. Okay not necessarily his dream job but he seriously loves it and can't see himself going anywhere else for a long while. When he graduates{spring 2014} he'll go to full time and we will be looking for a house/town home! Hopefully we won't have to move before then...but we'll see where life takes us!


We are reading together the book: "Divergent." And loving it!!! Tyler is such a fast reader. It's ridiculous. I like to take everything in and even re-read certain parts to really get the full effect. He likes to just get on with it and consume the story. To each their own =) Reading with him is my favorite. We end up staying up way too late reading. We are night owls.

 Getting our caricatures drawn on paper napkins by a very talented friend =) 


I am recovering from being a sickie. I have a bruised rib from all the hacking I did =( lame. 




Tyler is starting a UVU Leauge Of Legends club =) So if you/your hubby's play L.O.L. and go to UVU tell them to check it out! Even if they don't go to UVU, have you or them go like the fb page.

Got our taxes done! All by moi! =) Turbotax is my bestest friend.

We've been playing My Singing Monsters. It's an app on our phones and it's addicting and I have never played an ongoing game before but I like it. Check it out =)

Late night experiments with the ends of my hair becoming my fake bangs! Thanks you tube =)


And celebrating Valentine's day!
We ate at Zupas which is one of my favorite places. Tyler's not so much but he does enjoy it. Just not his top pick. Which is why it's so sweet that he took me here! =) And we each got our own meal! We usually share cause we are really light eaters. This time we splurged and even got a delicious dessert! :) haha. Halli was being watched by Tyler's sister and husband while we went out. It was so very nice of them! His sister is about to pop with Halli's newest cousin Katelyn! Tyler surprised me by making me breakfast in the morning with a heart shaped box of chocolates =) He stopped by Macy's on his way home from basketball unbeknown to me and even hid the goodies and breakfast foods cause he knows I like to snoop =) hehe!


I surprised Tyler with a door pull up bar. He'd been wanting one for FOREVER but couldn't bring himself to spend the $30 for it that Walmart was wanting. So I made a trip over to Tj Maxx and found it for $12.99! I was pretty happy with myself and couldn't wait to give it to him. It was then that I found out...I can't even do ONE pull up. Not one single measly pull up! I can jump and then pull myself up and keep myself there. But starting form my arms completely straight...it just ain't happenin. New years resolution...complete ONE full pull up.

Yay for Valentine's Day!

Our first Valentine's day together was 6 years ago in 2007. Tyler picked me up early before 1st period started{oh yea baby, gotta love high school romance}and took me to Kneader's. He worked there and they have amazing all you can eat cinnamon french toast! This is my seventh year with Tyler as my Valentine! Of course I had to sadly be away from him two out of those 7 v-days. But we sent each other extravagant vday packages =) He sent me mini fake roses one year! I loved them as he knew I would =) Tyler was my first Valentine date. And my only! (Proud to say I never went out on Vday while he was on his mission :) I've loved being married to my best friend and knowing that I have an eternity of Valentine's Days ahead of us =) 
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

Comments

  1. You two are so dang cute. Love so many things about this post! That pic of you with "bangs" is SO cute!! You rock the look, girl ;) also, I can't do a pull-up either!!! Hahaha. And YAY that Halli is sleeping through the night!! That's the best news!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts