3 month old little goose

It's time again to talk about Halli. She is now over 3 months.
At 3 months Halli weighs a whopping(NOT) 10 lbs 3 oz. She is her mommy's daughter. My mom says I was only 17 lbs at a year. I was always in the single digits on the percentile chart for weight. But she is where my ped wants her to be so that's good.
She is becoming more and more of a joy in our lives. She smiles SO much now! Except when I was taking her 3 month photo shoot. Little stinker. She is getting so responsive to us and coo's and kicks and almost giggles. It is so much fun.
I don't know when it started but all of a sudden we have a handful of nicknames for her!
                    sweetie face   missy poopy face silly goose  little goose
                 goose sweet baby girl  miss goose face goosie face
Sometimes a combination of all of them.



She is my little baby doll and I can't believe she's 3 months. I'm now dressing her in some of her 0-3 month onesies which are still loose but they're easier to get on her than the newborns.

I have so much to talk about when it comes to Halli Ann...she is growing up and now loves to stand on our laps. 


                she has such skinny little leggies!


She was being fussy for no reason and then my dad broke out his harmonica. She was instantly calmed!


We're still working on getting her on a good sleep schedule. We started trying out her crib and her first night in it she slept 4 hours!
Halli's first night in the crib

But it only lasted two nights before it started getting shorter and shorter. We were then forced to relapse to the swing in hopes of getting some good sleep and keeping our sanity.
But we decided last night to start being strict about a sleep training method. Putting her down when she's sleepy but not asleep. Then going in periodically if she cried to give her the binky and what not. We've tried it before but she would cry for nearly an hour and that's just too long in my opinion so we'd give up. But this time we were strict. Finally last night, we were able to get her down with only 10 mins of crying. And she slept for 7 hours{in the swing}! Score!!!! 11-almost 6! That's the longest she's ever slept. Lets HOPE HOPE HOPE this is the start to a good sleep schedule! Even though she's still in the swing..I figure she'll transition to her crib when she's ready.

Unfortunately right after this AH-mazing night where everyone slept, she got sick =( Poor little goose! She did not sleep hardly at all the first night she got sick. Even in my arms. She always sleeps well in my arms so it was frustrating. I just had to keep telling myself that she was sick and has never experienced such misery before.
It was so sad. I think she just had a cold because her nose was super runny, she was coughing and she had an elevated temp. Just below 100 F. She's doing lots better but is still stuffy. I wish she could learn how to blow her nose. She hates the nose syringe thing and I feel like i'm torturing her when I try to clean out her nose!


Since i wrote this Halli slept 6+ hours two nights in a row! But then broke that streak by only sleeping 3 on the third night =( It's a work in progress. I do swear by the putting her down to sleep when she's fussy/tired but not asleep. Now i do that every day for naps and it works every time! She rarely wakes up prematurely from her naps anymore. And when she does I just give her the bink.

update on exclusively pumping: It's going really well. Yes, it's annoying to pump 3-4 times a day. But I do it while reading, watching tv, working on the blog etc that it's hardly an inconvenience. The most annoying part is how many times I wash the pump parts, bottles etc a day. But it's worth it for a happy healthy little Halli babe =) She is a guzzler now and rarely spits up. 3-5 oz every 3-4 hours =)

Tyler is back in school and I feel like a single mommy on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He has class allllll day. 10 am-7:50 pm. I have gotten somewhat used to it now but that first week it was hard. Tyler is a busy busy guy working and going to school full time. We decided to wait another semester until I started taking classes again. It's just too hard right now. I would go crazy.

She is so smiley now! =)
and so close to laughing! so close.

This picture is the best picture I have of Halli smiling. I got it at just the right second! We were going for a walk and she was just all smiles! She is always that way after she gets fed of course.


still enjoys baths but hasn't really smiled while she's taking them. Just looks around contently. But not smiling or splashing in the tub yet.



We went to Seven Peaks with Tyler's family =) So much fun!



We decided Halli isn't old enough to enjoy herself yet. Yes she likes her baths but that's warm water. Who knows how she'll react to cold water. Plus, her ped told me she's not old enough for sunscreen and sun rays yet =(
She just chilled in the bouncer as different family members watched her. Notice her painted pink toesies!

Caught a smile!


Will sit in her bumbo but doesn't really like it yet..she prefers just lying on the floor or chilling in her corner of the couch.
{ps i only feed her like this when I desperately need to pump and Tyler isn't home to help out}


Loves this corner of the couch.
Except now she has enough back strength to topple over and give herself some tummy time haha.

A very rare site! Halli not screaming her lungs out in the back of the car!
She is actually getting better in the backseat. Thank goodness!

Cute little summer dress

hello mommy!
All tuckered out in her pink BYU bib.




 Ahh..the life of a mama..

recently discovered a genius way to put Halli in the cart AND have room for groceries!!

Got her a play mat and she still just wanted to stare at the TV.


she has definitely discovered those little hands! so cute!






Halli Ann tidbits:
-Snorts when she smiles! Cutest thing ever.
-She loves it when Daddy whistles and when Grandpa plays the harmonica. It calms her right down. usually.
-Sometimes when we feed her she starts smiling at us instead of eating. We have to remind her to focus on the task at hand haha.
-She has distinct cries now. I can tell when she's hurting, hungry and tired. Having her on an eat play sleep schedule helps me differentiate the cries too.
-Her cries have gotten much louder. She has definitely found her voice! I love to hear her cooes.
-Loves the sound of running water. If she's sleepy she'll fall asleep while i'm holding her by the sink getting her bottle warmed.
-If I don't have a bib on her she drools through her onesies and soaks them!

We love our little Halli goose so much!

p.s.
Halloween is coming!!!
It's only my favorite holiday. We already have Halli's costume! 

Last October this happened.

 I was sick and pregnant. So now when I think and smell Halloween smells I am reminded of last year and remember how crazy that time was.
last year at my family Halloween party. That was the night we told our parents the big news. I was SO sick and couldn't tell a soul at that party the real reason for not having any pizza. I was 8 weeks along.
{Yes that's a fake pumpkin. We carve fake ones so that they last for years to come!}



Comments

  1. I can't believe how big she's getting--she's so adorable! I especially can't believe it has already been a year since we were playing "What's Yours Like?" and you guys broke the news! My turn this year! :) Let's plan another Halloween get together with everyone again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halli is sooooooo cute! Those smiles are what mothers live for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute photos Annie!! I noticed the way you have her in the grocery cart. Good idea. Just a thought, when I took my little ones to the store, I would have them belted in all the way, so that it would not be easy for anyone to just lift her out when I would not be looking. I know, a terrible thought, but it gave me comfort, that she was secure and attached to the car seat. Loved to see her last night!!
    Love, MOMMY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss her! And I pray for more sleeping! And less crying in the car! And just contentness :) You guys are great parents. We need to come visit you soon so I can see that sweet little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome post! you will love looking back at this. She is so cute! I TOTALLY feel ya in the sleep department! Spencer is almost 6 months and isn't sleeping well through the night yet...sigh...someday. You can just tell what an awesome mom you are though so way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts