23 years.25 weeks.

Well I have lotsa fun stuff to blog about!
Friday March 2nd this little cutie turned 23!
 His sister Charlotte who is a little over 18 months older. 
Aren't they the cutest?

Tyler's birthday was full of strawberry whipped cream waffles breakfast in bed, working a half day at work{but getting paid for working a full-thanks to his awesome boss!}, having a wonderful visit with his Mama who came by, eating ourselves into a food coma at Tucano's, opening some birthday cards/presents{Tyler got money, Jamba Juice gift card and a new electric shaver for his bday}, having some fun laughs at Comedy Sportz with our good friends Bobby&Amy, eating the richest chocolate peanut butter birthday cake you've ever tasted, and then playing Settlers Of Catan until midnight =)

picture highlights:
Tyler's 18th birthday
 Mikado Japanese Restaurant

Tyler's 19th Birthday
Cheesecake Factory{one month before he left on his mission}

Tyler's 22nd birthday
 We were lame and didn't get a photo at the restaurant =(

Tyler's 23rd birthday
 bottomless brazilian lemonade...soo good. Tyler's favorite: Pineapple{even though he's drinking strawberry in the pic. Let's face it they're all heavenly!}
 My favorite: lime!
 Tucano's singing for Tyler's birthday...he was a natural at those marakas =)
 So my personal highlight of the night was when we were eating at our table, a lady and her little boy were walking by and she said to me "I just love your cute belly! You're so cute and petite I love it!"
Umm wow best compliment of my life! Haha okay that may be a stretch, but she was the first complete stranger to comment on my belly. So that means I must actually look preggers! No matter what I wear! I definitely couldn't stop smiling ear to ear after that sweet comment =) Tyler may or may not have made fun of me ;)

 Pretty sweet fire on blue rocks surrounded by a water fountain...nicely done Riverwoods.

Singing to birthday boy =) I made a cake called Mud Slide from our Peanut Butter sweets book.
It was soo good! But after a few bites you had to stop, chug some milk, and then maybe continue. It was so rich!

Would you like the recipe? It's seriously so easy. 

That's all you need!

1 box German chocolate cake mix
1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk{I couldn't find a 12 oz. can so I settled for 14 oz and didn't use the whole can.}
1 cup peanut butter
1 {4.5 ounce} container German chocolate frosting. {I couldn't find German chocolate frosting so I used chocolate fudge. Still super yummy.}

Prepare the cake mix following the box instructions using a 9 x 13-inch pan.
While the cake is still warm, poke holes throughout the top using a plastic straw of skewer. Pour the condensed milk into these holes.
Combine peanut butter and frosting in a medium microwave-safe bowl until warm. Pour this combination all over the top and sides of the cake.
Refrigerate overnight before serving.

The refrigerate over night thing confused me a bit. But it made the frosting extra yummy. Fudge like almost. Super yum!

Anyways I am so thankful for Tyler and can't thank his sweet mama enough for raising him to be the amazing man/husband/soon to be daddy that he is!!


belly at 25 weeks


{warning: novel time}
I don't know if it looks like i've grown much since the last pic but I sure feel like I have. All of a sudden, I can't fit into any of my jeans. I didn't realize how often I chose to wear sweats, jeggings, skirts etc. over wearing my jeans. I tried three on for the picture before I found some that were remotely comfortable/still flattering buttoned up. And that's standing not sitting. You better believe I can't stand sitting without undoing them. I tried the hair elastic trick but it only works with certain shirts long enough and loose enough so that you can't tell. 

Sweet Tyler bought me some cute jeans for Christmas a year ago that were a little big for me back then but finally fit now! =) His pride was a little hurt though realizing he failed at guessing my size and ended up unknowingly buying me prego jeans hehe.

It's gotten to the point where ANYTHING constricting/putting pressure on my belly is uncomfortable. Which makes wearing pants harder and harder now days. It's like she knows something is there closing in on her space and just pushes against it. Super uncomfortable. My tummy is getting firmer every day. Like she's losing space and is forced outward. I love feeling where she is and guessing what it is i'm feeling =)

The other night Tyler was pushing on where we could feel she was and she kicked his hand back twice in a row! It was so cool.
 I seriously feel so blessed to experience this!

Some discomforts I will share with you are really minor and I shouldn't even be complaining about them because things could be much worse. But some of you may have some advice. Heartburn is a daily battle for me and I worry of overdosing on Tums haha. Maybe I should look into something I can take that's stronger. I have to go to sleep sitting up. every night. Even if I haven't eaten for hours, and avoided heartburn triggering foods etc. I SWORE i'd never eat dry toast again since my nausea days ended{HOoray}. But it's back as my night time snack. Helps a little. Anyways, it's a minor discomfort for the miracle we get in the end but still.  It has been super annoying.
Second is my tailbone has been hurting for probably close to a month almost now. I have started using hot compresses and stuff which I suppose helps. I have to sit a certain way or it is super painful! Sometimes it doesn't even matter how I sit it just plain hurts. And standing up after i've been siting a while is the worst. I'm just worried it's going to get really bad as she gets bigger. Hopefully it's nothing to be worried about. I was considering calling my doc about it but keep forgetting. Curse you pregnancy brain!
And i've started to notice my face swelling up a little but that is expected. I just can't look back at my pre-pregnancy photos too much and i'll be fine =)

Tyler got a new free Jazz jacket from Mountain America Credit Union. We love M.A.C.U. We've been with them since we got married and decided to open a new bank account just for bills{Tyler likes to have a separate account for our bills money} Lucky for us, they had a Jazz jacket incentive going on at the time. If you open a new account they send you a Jazz jacket. So it finally came in the mail for him the other day! Just in time for his birthday. He loves it.


Is this post too long?? I do apologize. 
It's kind of my online journal. Although, I have started a journal written for Halli Ann talking about how we found out we were pregnant, her first kicks, how the pregnancy has been etc. I will give it to her someday when she's old enough to appreciate it =)

We have cleaned out her bedroom! It used to be Tyler's man cave and my crafty room but now it's currently full of some of the stuff we have accumulated for her from friends, organizations, family etc.
I can't wait to start decorating and doing crafts for it!

What made cleaning out her room finally possible was the selling of this couch!
Hooray! It was actually pretty miraculous...we tried selling it back in like Octoberish and only one measly bite the whole time it was on KSL! This time however, immediate texts/phone calls and we ended up selling it for 10 dollars over our asking price the very next day! 
Blessings blessings blessings!
So now where the couch used to be in our bedroom is our office corner. It's quite cosy and I really like it. The best thing is we can turn Tyler's computer screen around and watch our shows together in bed =) We are currently obsessed with Revenge and The River. He refuses to get into Once Upon A Time with me. His loss! 

Okay I have one last thing to share: a wonderful blog that has saved me so much headache about planning meals. It's called budget bytes and helps you make/plan meals on a budget. It tells you how much each meal costs etc. I get a bit stressed about that especially since becoming pregnant{trying to eat healthy and all}. Planning healthy meals on a budget is not my forte! But I am working on it. This is what we ate last night:
Here is the link to this recipe.
It was so good! It has all our favorite things: cilantro, black beans, sour cream, sharp cheddar cheese, corn etc. Umm we are having them again tonight =)
The blog is pretty awesome and I think you will agree! 
 

Found this gem on Facebook and got a good laugh =) 
P.S. Our new mattress is heavenly!


I just became aware that I have 100 days till my due date!
Only 100 days really is that all? Haha

Comments

  1. long post? long comment! I agree with the stranger. Your belly is so cute! 25 weeks looks good on you! And that picture of you and Tyler with him wearing his Jazz jacket? Perfect. You match and it's so cute. Are you wearing colored denim in the picture at the restaurant for Tyler's birthday? I love the color. I know it might be a hard milestone to swallow, but bust out maternity jeans. It's not ok to squeeze your belly and who wants to be uncomfortable anyway?

    As for the heartburn? It means Halli is gonna be born with lots of hair! Yup, sort of annoying, but cool, right? Sleeping upright is PERFECT! Also avoid straws and carbonation. Try those things. Your tailbone doesn't seem to concerning to me (but I am not a doctor). Mention it at your next appointment?

    You picked the perfect time to get pregnant Annie. I just finished my OB rotation and can answer lots of questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This trick saved me! Stack 3 pillows and then put a fourth in front of them. Your belly hits the 4th pillow and the others keep your head up so no indigestion. I slept on my side. A little annoying for Charlie. He could be annoyed or choose to be pregnant. He chose annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute post-as always! I remember the first time some random stranger commented on my belly-I was THRILLED! haha. Congrats on that milestone :). I'm SO sorry about the heartburn-I feel your pain-and I HATE tums-but they are a lifesaver...for a little while at least...then they wear off and it's back to should I take MORE?! right now?! anyways-I wish you the best of luck on that front! Love your cute belly! Happy bday to Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love eating myself into a coma at tucano's! let's play... cause mainly i'm still needing you to make me goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts