Happy Birthday to MEEE!

I've been 22 for almost one week now!
It's time to do the birthday blog.
It's a massive one.
I've been putting it off because I know I have better things to be doing.
Like math.
But one can only handle so much math...
especially me..

Anyways my birthday was fabulously spent in Indiana!
Santa Claus, IN is a unique place! It's Christmas all year round!
They have giant Santa's everywhere, Christmas shops, all the buildings look like Santa's little workshop, and it's in the middle of nowhere Indiana.
I think that Indiana is just in the middle of nowhere anyways. 
Such a country place to live.

So Holiday World was located on Christmas Blvd.

I bet this is the place to be during Christmas.
A little weird in the middle of July though.

It was a 2 1/2 hour beautiful drive through Kentucky and Indiana.


 Thermal plants I think are what these big babies are called?
They're huge!


OOo cool bridge dontcha think?

Thanks again Chris and Alex for driving!! =)



When we got to there, we experienced the first of the many wonders of Holiday World =)
FREEE PARKING!
Plus a free shuttle to take you from your car to the park! 
A much needed break from knocking doors for Tyler =) 
So excited =)

We started out the day immediately with Splashin' Safari.

As we were waiting in line for our first ride of the day, we struck up a friendly conversation with a local who informed us they had free soda all day throughout the park-wait WHAT??
Free Soda??
At that moment it suddenly became Tyler's birthday.
His face lit up like it was Christmas morning! Haha =)
It was sweeet!
Not only did they offer free unlimited soda fountain drinks, but they had free sunscreen booths!
think it could get any better than that?
Free tubes!!!!
The tubes for each ride were available at the top of the slide.
Thanks to that revolving belt system or whatever you call it. 
This ride was sweet. We could fit all four of us on that raft.




Zinga!!
so much fun!

This ride was very intimidating!
But it was THE best! =)
Here's a sweet video of it:
We would've ridden it twice if it didn't take us ten years to wait in line.
Isn't that tube awesome??


Wildebeest is the world's longest water coaster =)
Also the world's longest line! Haha. We waited probably...an hour and a half.
There was a sign that told us at the beginning of the line approx. how long it'd take.
I'm glad we were able to ride it, not so glad we had to wait so long! Haha
If you'd like, i've provided a video of the epic ride. 

This ride looked cool but after riding the Wildebeest, the line turned us away.

They had two wave pools, two lazy rivers, yummy food joints,
so we spent most of the day in Splashin' Safari.
Can you blame us though?

We almost stayed until they closed at around 6:30.

But we had other rides in the park to ride!

The Voyage
 World's #1 wooden roller coaster!
And boy did it earn it's title!
We rode this baby twice!

Pilgrim's Plunge
World's tallest water coaster.
Sadly, they closed it down nearly two hours before closing. Who knew??










Unfortunately we weren't able to ride all the rides. 
But the rides we did ride were soo worth it!

The only complaint I have about this park is that it closes at 8:30. 
It's a family owned park though so maybe just maybe, that has something to do with it?
But really I can't complain. It was an amazing park.
 Worn out!
But i'm smiling of course because it had been a great birthday! =)
I was sad the next day to help Chris and Alex pack their car because they were leaving. It meant my birthday fun was over. And we miss them!


Look! I'm long boarding!

So this last sunday Tyler and I went for a walk with our friend Mark.

Mark long boards and so does Tyler.


And now so do I! =)
sort of.

 I don't quite look as good as they do.
But practice will make perfect haha.

So i ordered Tilapia at a mexican restaurant last night with Tyler's sales office. 
And look what they brought out!!
Yikes!! Not what I was expecting.
We all got a good laugh out of it haha.
Poor fishy..
I don't understand why anyone would prefer to eat fish that way.
 It's not like it tasted any better.



I can't believe we're leaving in 5 more days!! 
I never expected to make so many friends out here!
It's been an amazing and very different summer for us! =)

Thank you summer sales, for making everything after you seem so easy!

 Our first anniversary is next weekend! Can't believe it!
❤

Comments

  1. That sounds like an amazing birthday! that water park is night and day difference compared to the ones in utah that's for sure! glad you had a great day and congrats on your one year anniversary next week :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh all the fun things you're doing. yay! very jealous though! when do you guys get back again? let me know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes me miss you so much! Hurry and come to Utah!!! Long boarding?? I am very impressed! And that explanation of that picture makes so much more sense! When you emailed it to me I was pretty confused :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness I'm so jealous. Annie you have no idea, the thing I look forward to in the summer is waterslides and roller coasters!!! Don't be prego during the whole summer! And where are you guys moving when you come back??!

    ReplyDelete
  5. COUSINS! :) you have a blog! happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts