new life
Okay i'm a nerd and this is titled new life because it feels like a new life with my new camera!!!
I have wanted a nice DSLR camera..since...it's hard to pinpoint when I started wanting one. I think it happened in 2013..when some neighbors moved in when we lived in Provo. You may have heard of them: The Crosby's. As in Claire Ryann Crosby who is adorable and sings like an angel on YouTube. Her mom, Ashley instantly became good friends with me and my other neighbor Larissa. We were a threesome of besties and did everything together. It was perfect because we had kids the same age plus awesome hubbies who got along. Score! Well she had a DSLR camera and I realized you could have a nice camera to use for your personal life and not strictly for professional photography of other people? Ashley did photography on the side but she used it more for personal use in her own family and then Larissa got a DSLR just for fun and personal use and I realized-wait, I could to?! I've always been obsessed with pictures and getting enough and the perfect picture etc. So this appealed to me VERY MUCH. I was a little heartbroken when I looked up prices for DSLR cameras and realized I would have to wait a few years to own one.
Well my friends, patience has paid off!!! My girlfriend Heidi (who actually also used to be a neighbor with Ashely and Larissa in Provo) was upgrading to a nicer camera and knew I was lusting after hers. HAHA okay that's probably the wrong word but I would comment on all her pictures all the time asking her what camera she used and yada yada. So she asked me if I would be interested in buying it from her for half of what they sell for!!! A Canon EOS Rebel t5i. I was ecstatic to say the least. Especially when Tyler said that beautiful word: YES. Haha. And ya know what the most attractive thing ever to see is?? Him photographing the girls with it. I could watch him take their pictures all day long...it's so cute!! He took these:
So then my dilemma was: now I have all these beautiful pictures to share and I don't like bombarding social media with them. I guess I will have to dust off the old blog and post!
I have wanted a nice DSLR camera..since...it's hard to pinpoint when I started wanting one. I think it happened in 2013..when some neighbors moved in when we lived in Provo. You may have heard of them: The Crosby's. As in Claire Ryann Crosby who is adorable and sings like an angel on YouTube. Her mom, Ashley instantly became good friends with me and my other neighbor Larissa. We were a threesome of besties and did everything together. It was perfect because we had kids the same age plus awesome hubbies who got along. Score! Well she had a DSLR camera and I realized you could have a nice camera to use for your personal life and not strictly for professional photography of other people? Ashley did photography on the side but she used it more for personal use in her own family and then Larissa got a DSLR just for fun and personal use and I realized-wait, I could to?! I've always been obsessed with pictures and getting enough and the perfect picture etc. So this appealed to me VERY MUCH. I was a little heartbroken when I looked up prices for DSLR cameras and realized I would have to wait a few years to own one.
Well my friends, patience has paid off!!! My girlfriend Heidi (who actually also used to be a neighbor with Ashely and Larissa in Provo) was upgrading to a nicer camera and knew I was lusting after hers. HAHA okay that's probably the wrong word but I would comment on all her pictures all the time asking her what camera she used and yada yada. So she asked me if I would be interested in buying it from her for half of what they sell for!!! A Canon EOS Rebel t5i. I was ecstatic to say the least. Especially when Tyler said that beautiful word: YES. Haha. And ya know what the most attractive thing ever to see is?? Him photographing the girls with it. I could watch him take their pictures all day long...it's so cute!! He took these:
So then my dilemma was: now I have all these beautiful pictures to share and I don't like bombarding social media with them. I guess I will have to dust off the old blog and post!
This was my first picture ever taken with it and I nearly cried seeing how beautiful and crisp it was. I was so happy. I am weird I know.
Here are some faves from the last week and a half since getting the camera a week and a half ago.
P.S. most of these are UNEDITED. I think they look fab unedited and I just don't have time right now to perfect each and every one!
I'm sure there are more to share but that's all for now =) XoXo


















So cute! You're so lucky I've been wanting a super nice camera for forever but it's definitely not in our budget. But the the difference it makes in the pictures, my goodness your pictures look awesome! Can't wait to see more
ReplyDelete